User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
No it isn't. I've been a part of the gay community for the last twenty years. You've been gay for..... let's see maybe the last two hours?

"Gay Republicans" are so concentrated on the fiscal side of conservatism that they have no problems whatsoever screwing over themselves and their fellow gay brethren.

It's perfectly fine to deny gays the right to marry as long as they get a kickback (i.e. tax break) from the government. Fight from within my ass. The only fighting they do is for the right to hoard their money.
You know this is the last time I am open with any of you! Who would have thought that people in the gay community could be so f*cking close minded!!! I'm talking about ideas here and i get bias, smart a$$ remarks!

Just forget any of this thread please....

Quote:
Since when has a Supreme Court decision that is the biggest civil rights success for the gay community in the history of the United States been "every aspect of the law"??? Lofty expectations?!!?! Pull your head out of your ass.
If you would actually read you would no that upon reading the link I stated that I was actually familiar with the case...just not a whole lot!

Why don't you put your head in your a$$!
Old 10-31-2005, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
um..it's not exactly like studying to be a lawyer. Just saying. We don't review tons of cases, we learn how to research cases, how to write about them for our lawyers to peruse, how to do paperwork that has to be served on people and filed in court, how to calendar, form citation - things like that. We do work with some cases, (I've had research classes every other semester) but usually the subject matter is limited by what the teacher gives you. And they are rarely sodomy cases.
I would agree with you if said case was not the monumental Supreme Court decision that was mentioned. It's not like someone brought up some esoteric ruling from the 70's or something.

My point was, even regular old people know about the Texas sodomy case- I would think those that were even tangentially involved with the legal system would be aware of such a case.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
um..it's not exactly like studying to be a lawyer. Just saying. We don't review tons of cases, we learn how to research cases, how to write about them for our lawyers to peruse, how to do paperwork that has to be served on people and filed in court, how to calendar, form citation - things like that. We do work with some cases, (I've had research classes every other semester) but usually the subject matter is limited by what the teacher gives you. And they are rarely sodomy cases.
Thanks You!

Legal Research was the most boring class in the world! The second part of the class all we did was write memos every f*ckin week!
Old 10-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
You know this is the last time I am open with any of you! Who would have thought that people in the gay community could be so f*cking close minded!!!
Amazing, isn't it? You try to keep them from obtaining just a few basic rights, and all they do is bitch bitch bitch...
Old 10-31-2005, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was asking simple questions expecting some kind of anwers but I get a smart a$$ comment? F*CK OFF JOSH!
Now Now - temper temper - attacking Josh because he is correct is beneath you.

So, answer the question:

Please enlighten me on how exactly you're fighting to change the Republican party so that they're more welcoming towards homosexuals.

I mean you did not know the largest blow against social conservatism in a decade - the Lawrence decision. That indicates you have no idea what the R party is all about and can hardly work for change

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
"Gay Republican" is an oxymoron. Those Log Cabin idiots are selling out gay rights for the almight dollar, plain and simple.
With all due respect, I do know some that have actually chaged perceptions in their areas. So, they are working for change on that level. Will it work, probably not.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While I agree with that, out little budding homo professes to know what the R party is all about and he does not know that little case, which set conservative social views back like ten years. I think that pseaks volumes regadless of paralegal studies

Old 10-31-2005, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know this is the last time I am open with any of you! Who would have thought that people in the gay community could be so f*cking close minded!!! I'm talking about ideas here and i get bias, smart a$$ remarks!

Just forget any of this thread please....

If you would actually read you would no that upon reading the link I stated that I was actually familiar with the case...just not a whole lot!

You have reached the next step, which is "all of my life was a lie - what do I do now" It takes awhile to get through that one. But, you will and when you do, you will realize the present R hates you guts and has been lying to you. It sucks, but that is the way it is.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks You!

Legal Research was the most boring class in the world! The second part of the class all we did was write memos every f*ckin week!
LOL - any research appears to be a heavy burden on you about that history book

Also, as a paralegal, you will likely write five a week

Old 10-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Now Now - temper temper - attacking Josh because he is correct is beneath you.

So, answer the question:

Please enlighten me on how exactly you're fighting to change the Republican party so that they're more welcoming towards homosexuals.

I mean you did not know the largest blow against social conservatism in a decade - the Lawrence decision. That indicates you have no idea what the R party is all about and can hardly work for change
Josh is an a$$!

I didn't claim to be "fighting" to make a change. I just brought up the idea. I don't know maybe I was looking for some concrete ideas here.

Excuse me but I just have recently come to terms with an aspect of my life that I have long kept deep down inside. I am trying to understand why it is so unacceptable, in your view, to be a gay republican.

But all I am getting thus far is bitching and stupid smart a$$ remarks...my mistake.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL - any research appears to be a heavy burden on you about that history book

Also, as a paralegal, you will likely write five a week
funny funny.

I'm not in a joking mood now.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Josh is an a$$!

I didn't claim to be "fighting" to make a change. I just brought up the idea. I don't know maybe I was looking for some concrete ideas here.

Excuse me but I just have recently come to terms with an aspect of my life that I have long kept deep down inside. I am trying to understand why it is so unacceptable, in your view, to be a gay republican.

But all I am getting thus far is bitching and stupid smart a$$ remarks...my mistake.
Get off the cross. I am trying to help you. But, it is a little hard when you are so defiant and boorish when faced with the truth Again, the R party hates you and wants you in jail - that is why it is unacceptable BTW anbd there are others. The sooner you realize and accept that, the better off you will be.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have reached the next step, which is "all of my life was a lie - what do I do now" It takes awhile to get through that one. But, you will and when you do, you will realize the present R hates you guts and has been lying to you. It sucks, but that is the way it is.
You're input is no longer needed and it was a mistake even thinking I could ask...
Old 10-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I you had a shred of humility you might realize that your hypocrisy has actually had a negative effect on some of the people from this board. You might take a step back and realize that you have some things to learn. You might look at the things you have posted and sincerely apologize for some the ignorant, disingenous things you have said. However, you have not done that and I doubt that you ever will.

I'm glad you're gay- and like I said, I have known since day one that you posted. You will find as time passes that being gay is a blessing and that all these things you are standing up for will dissappear into the air.

Quote:
If you were familiar with the case, then why did you post this just one hour ago????
Quote:
I am really not familiar with any of these laws so I can't comment. But how can they really enforce anything like that? When you are in your own property...
The whole basis for the Texas case to the Supreme Court was that the police broke into their house and arrested them for having consensual sex.

Quote:
Can't reach it.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're input is no longer needed and it was a mistake even thinking I could ask...
1. You never needed anything from me

and

2. You never asked for help and instead were smug and defiant, which is okay to be, but do not get put upon when people call you on that BS.