Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Information update on Goastt and Yoko at SXSW Performance

Here is some updated information about that upcoming Goastt performance with Yoko Ono Lennon at SXSW in Austin,Texas in March.

CHIMERA MUSIC NIGHT
Saturday, March 19, 2011 at The Elysium, 705 Red River St., Austin, Texas.
Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon & Charlotte Kemp Muhl)
Kemp & Eden (Charlotte Kemp Muhl & Eden Rice)
If By Yes (Petra Haden & Yuka Honda of Cibo Matto)
Consortium Musicum (Sean Lennon & Greg Saunier of Deerhoof)
Fig (Yuka Honda & Nels Cline)
Mi-gu (Yuko Araki & Hirotaka Shimmy Shimizu of Cornelius group)
special guest: YOKO ONO

http://imaginepeace.com/archives/13951

http://www.elysiumonline.net/

Yoko Ono guest speaker at SXSW & guest artist at Sean Lennon’s SXSW Chimera Music Night, March 18th The Elysium, Austin TX

Yoko Ono – guest speaker at SXSW 2011

South By Southwest (SXSW) is thrilled to announce Yoko Ono as a very special featured speaker for the 25th Music Conference and Festival.
Ms. Ono will sit down with Jody Denberg for a SXSW Interview on Friday March 18th.
From her pioneering work in the Fluxus movement of the 1960s to the recent Imagine Peace Tower in Iceland, Ono’s art has challenged and informed, melding the personal to the universal in simple and unique ways. Her marriage and creative collaboration with John Lennon was a love story played out on the global stage. Ono’s music laid the groundwork for the sounds of punk rock and new wave.
Recently, Ono has had five consecutive dance singles charting at #1 on the top of the Billboard Dance Chart. In 2009, she received Mojo Magazine’s Lifetime Achievement Award, and she assembled a new PLASTIC ONO BAND for her latest album, Between My Head And The Sky, co-produced with son Sean Lennon, on his Chimera Music label.
From gallery to stage to social media platforms, Yoko Ono brings a message of peace to the world.Ms. Ono’s ongoing projects are detailed at www.IMAGINEPEACE.com.

http://sxsw.com/node/6534

Last edited by msLinds; 02-16-2011 at 02:46 PM..
Old 02-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default I just posted thread on Sean's official message board

I wanted to let everyone here know that has been reading this thread since it first started.I know Nico will be interested to know this.I just today.On Sean Lennon's official message board ,in his own forum.I posted the link to this thread from the Ledge message board there. This thread has done better in views than all the largest Beatles, etc related boards.I know Sean himself signs in and reads his board when he can.I also wanted to Show Sean's and the Goastt fans.Just how many views and how well this thread has done.Since right before his Dad's 70th birthday celebration.I saw Sean actually signed in when I was posting it.But I don't know if he actually saw the thread yet or not.For Sean, The Goastt and anyone from Seans message board that see's this thread link .Welcome the to Fleetwood Ledge.

Last edited by msLinds; 02-16-2011 at 07:10 PM..
Old 02-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds View Post
I wanted to let everyone here know that has been reading this thread since it first started.I know Nico will be interested to know this.I just today.On Sean Lennon's official message board ,in his own forum.I posted the link to this thread from the Ledge message board there. This thread has done better in views than all the largest Beatles, etc related boards.I know Sean himself signs in and reads his board when he can.I also wanted to Show Sean's and the Goastt fans.Just how many views and how well this thread has done.Since right before his Dad's 70th birthday celebration.I saw Sean actually signed in when I was posting it.But I don't know if he actually saw the thread yet or not.For Sean, The Goastt and anyone from Seans message board that see's this thread link .Welcome the to Fleetwood Ledge.

That was sweet msLinds. I hope I don't sound like some type of hyper-fangirl but I can't help it...I love me them Lennons.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default About posting this thread on Sean's official message board

I would not worry about it Nico.I think its cool and from what I heard and read.Sean really loves and appreciates his fans.I did post on the board there in a different thread, asking if they would restock more Chimera patchs for sale on their web site. I will let you know if they get restocked later.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 2 New Updates

I have 2 new updates.While we wait for Stevie' New CD to come out in May.Also report backs from fans backs from her upcoming tour with Dave Stewart.And we wait for the release Lindsey's new CD.Also when and if the entire band decides to put another new CD out or tour again.

One article is the same news about Yoko's interview she is giving in March for that music conference With a little more information about it.It I feel its also important that all this information that is saved here in this Ledge thread is complete as possible.
Also one article about a piece of John Lennon memorabilia thats up for auction.

BBC.UK
February 17, 2011
Beatles and Gandhi under hammer at Derby auction
A handwritten Beatles set list and Gandhi's signature are going under the hammer at a Derby auction house.The set list written by John Lennon in 1964 for a World Tour concert is expected to fetch up to £10,000.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/8519497.stm

Examiner.com National
February 16, 2011
Yoko Ono to appear and perform at Austin Texas event for South By Southwest
Austin, TX - February 16, 2011 - Yoko Ono will appear as a featured speaker and performer for the 25th Music Conference and Festival for South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, March 18. The event takes place from March 16 - 20, featuring four days of panels, interviews, workshops, and trade shows. The world-renowned music festival showcases over 1900 acts on stages throughout downtown Austin. The South by Southwest (SXSWR) Conferences & Festivals offer the unique convergence of original music, independent films, and emerging technologies.

http://www.examiner.com/john-lennon-...alerts_article

Last edited by msLinds; 02-17-2011 at 01:09 PM..
Old 02-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Since this thread stopped being about Lennon's birthday quite a few months back, is there a more apt title you guys would like it changed to? It has morphed instead to a repository for disseminating info on all things Beatles. Let me know, I'd be glad to update the title of the thread for you guys
Old 02-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Since this thread stopped being about Lennon's birthday quite a few months back, is there a more apt title you guys would like it changed to? It has morphed instead to a repository for disseminating info on all things Beatles. Let me know, I'd be glad to update the title of the thread for you guys
Thanks Louie.

Since this thread is basically about John Lennon and his family, I guess it could be entitled "Let's talk about John Lennon (and other related people)" or "Remembering John Lennon in our day & age."

Really, you can think of something kind of similar to that if you want. Thanks again!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Message for Louie Louie about changing title of thread

I think thats a good idea Louie.That the thread title be changed.We trust what ever title you want to change it to.Thanks for offering to changing the title for us. thinks....so its not just a John Lennon thread.So is it a Lennon and family thread ? It has a lot Sean Lennon and Goastt information,and some Yoko Ono information and has Beatles information to.Also Julian Lennon has a new CD coming out that all soon to. This is your call Louie, So what ever you decide is fine with me to.Congratulations Louie on becoming a Ledge moderator.I think you were great choice for the job. Thanks and take care
Linds

Last edited by msLinds; 02-17-2011 at 04:20 PM..
Old 02-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Thanks Louie for changing the thread title

Thanks Louie.I like the new thread title.take care
Linds
Old 02-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I went ahead and updated the thread title. The last thing I want to do is over moderate... but I just felt the thread deserved an updated title since it included so much more discussion than just Lennon's birthday. If there is a preferred title, don't hesitate to PM me. Anyway, sorry for the distraction... back to all things Lennon!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I went ahead and updated the thread title. The last thing I want to do is over moderate... but I just felt the thread deserved an updated title since it included so much more discussion than just Lennon's birthday. If there is a preferred title, don't hesitate to PM me. Anyway, sorry for the distraction... back to all things Lennon!
Thanks. That was cool of you. If suddenly any of us decide there may be a better suited title than the one you kindly created I'm sure we'll take you on that offer, but this is perfectly fine with me (though I personally feel it's mainly about John and his fam ANYTHING Beatles related is John related so it's all good).

I think I'll make some Yoko posts. lol! Not because of the fact that tomorrow she turns 78 but because she has always defined the independent, powerful lady in all of is. And THIS is my all-time fave Yoko song: a classic. I consider it a Yoko/John collaboration because he played guitar on it, encouraged her to get it done, and had finished it off with her the night of his murder. This is the definitive Yoko song, the beacon of her greatness musically. I remember when she released it as a single with the simple dedication:

"WALKING ON THIN ICE FOR JOHN"

Enjoy. This vid is about them, as was this song.

Last edited by Nico; 02-17-2011 at 11:35 PM..
Old 02-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default One new Yoko Update and birthday wishs

I think thats positive and great to have postings here Nico for Yoko.Whose birthday is this friday,February 18th.Its allready friday in New York City.So happy birthday Sean's Mom Yoko. I wish her a safe,enjoyable, positive and very happy birthday.I am sending her love and positive energy.I really like the song " Walking On Thin Ice " by Yoko.Did you know that was the completed song John had with him.That he had been working on with Yoko that he was holding in his hands when coming home that night from the recorded studio when he assassinated.I have one event update about Yoko thats coming in March.Also information about the relighting of the Peace Tower in March to.

Yoko Ono and Kara Walker LIVE in Conversation at MoMA NY, USA,March 8th 2011

Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 6:30 p.m.
Theater 1 (The Roy and Niuta Titus Theater 1), T1
The Museum of Modern Art
11 West 53 Street New York, NY 10019
(212) 708-9400
Artists Yoko Ono and Kara Walker, whose work is represented in the exhibition Contemporary Art from the Collection, will engage in a dialogue about their respective practices and share their perspectives on how social, political, and gender issues inform their work.

http://imaginepeace.com/archives/12242

IMAGINE PEACE TOWER will next be lit for the first week of spring (March 21st -28th 2011), from 2 hours after sunset until midnight. After that it will next be lit from October 9th – December 8th 2011 and December 21st-31st 2011. Local time in Reykjavík is now 4:53:25 am GMT.

http://imaginepeacetower.com/
Old 02-18-2011, 01:47 AM
Registered

I've always wondered what Lennon's career would have been like had he not been assassinated.

In the 80's, I think its a given we would have gotten a couple heavy-on-the-Fairlight albums (commercial or otherwise) in the early part of the decade, probably followed by some adult contemporary crap. Basically, an updated redux of his hit or miss 70's.

In the 90's, I think it would have really gotten interesting. I think Mandela would have gotten Lennon stirring. Also, by the time of the Eagles reunion, Lollapallooza and the wild success of the early 90's Grateful Dead tours (where they played multiple nights in football stadiums every year), the Beatles WOULD have reunited. For charity or big bucks, who knows, but they would have. I've thought a lot about this, and firmly believe it.

Too bad life intervened.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Some of Favorite Yoko video's

Here is one of my favorite songs of Yoko's Beautiful Boys that was on the Double Fantasy album.Also here is one of Yoko performing with Lady Gaga on stage.Its cool when She climbs on the piano with Lady Gaga toward the end of song.I also am including the stripped down version of " Woman " because it one of my favorite songs of John and Yoko's

John Lennon & Yoko Ono - Beautiful Boys (Stripped Down)‬

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aab5cMxn0i4

‪Lady Gaga & Yoko Ono - It's Been Very Hard - Piano Blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AimU3...layer_embedded

stripped down version - Woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5qoX...eature=related

Last edited by msLinds; 02-18-2011 at 01:52 AM..
Old 02-18-2011, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What in the wide, wide world of sports is a goin on here? All this heavy handed moderating is more than I can take!
Closed Thread