User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Me, too. Literally, there were gymnastics involved I think I bowed at the end...
Amber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Eek! If this keeps up, I won't have to publish my memoirs!

Uhm... yeah... let's just say that I've neither been a pitcher nor a catcher. I've been sitting in the dugout, biding my time.

(Blame it on my warped mind that "Centerfield" just popped into my head. "Put me in, Coach... I'm ready to play today....")

So much innuendo here...It's like some kind of British sex farce!
Old 10-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
God Bless ya for it. I have gone a year or more myself
Well, it wasn't really by choice. The problem (if you want to think of it that way) is that it's damn near impossible for me to separate having sex and being romantically attached. There are other ways to satisfy my sex drive (which has never been that high anyway) that don't involve me making a fool of myself with someone.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Well...

Quote:
Uhm... yeah... let's just say that I've neither been a pitcher nor a catcher. I've been sitting in the dugout, biding my time.

(Blame it on my warped mind that "Centerfield" just popped into my head. "Put me in, Coach... I'm ready to play today....")
the Red Sox could've used a pitcher tonite

Oh thanks alot, Now ya got me humming John Fogerty

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
the Red Sox could've used a pitcher tonite

Oh thanks alot, Now ya got me humming John Fogerty

Brian j.
Ah, but there are worse things than humming foge...man, you're a super baseball head tonight!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
There is something to be said for experience. I have had great sex with guys I couldn't name to save my life, and bad sex with guys I was dating and thought I really cared about...who knows why ?

I go back and forth on this issue. I have a boyfriend for 2-3 years. Then it ends. Then I am alone awhile. Then I go nuts and have a lot of sport sex. Then I get sick of that and want something meaningful. Then I get a new boyfriend.

In my life, each has value. Sometimes you want a five star ten course meal, sometimes you want fast food.

Things have turned before, and I felt like the sex WAS meaningless, empty, and kind of stupid. That would be when I stop and focus on finding a guy I really like.
My first sexual experience turned out to be a one-night stand. Was told all these sweet, wonderful things by this great-looking, fast-talking guy.
The man was sex on two-legs. VERY handsome, VERY charismatic, and, in no time at all, I was over the moon about the fact that he was paying any attention to ME.

So I bought into everything he said... believed that he thought I was this really great guy, and I was sooo funny, and he was really looking forward to getting to know me better and hanging out together, etc., etc.
And one thing lead to another.

He got a whole lot further than I would have dreamed he could, but I'm sure not as far as he would have liked to have gotten.
Still, when all was said and done, he thanked me for a great evening and then told me he had better get home before his girlfriend started to wonder where he was.

OUCH!

I pretty much decided that, while what we did was fun in the moment, it wasn't worth feeling empty and unfulfilled.

Ever after that, my experiences have been within relationships.

And, trust me, you can have a LOT of fun with one guy. You make it different, you get creative, and it can be just as "sporting."
In fact, there's a JC Penney's parking lot in Ohio that I'll never look at the same way again.

I swear someone must have slipped me some sodium pentathol tonight.

Anyway, everyone is different. Like I said earlier, my way isn't the "right way"... it's just the right way for me.
As long as no one's hurting anyone else, I'm all for doing what works for you.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
Well, it wasn't really by choice. The problem (if you want to think of it that way) is that it's damn near impossible for me to separate having sex and being romantically attached. There are other ways to satisfy my sex drive (which has never been that high anyway) that don't involve me making a fool of myself with someone.
Number one, you sound like I did at 23 !

Number two - I don't follow how having sex means making a fool of one's self.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
What do you think makes people not have a high sex drive? Do you know? you're the same sign as me, so i can't call that But seriously, do you exercise and are in good shape and eat well and stuff? I mean, my SD is easily sublimated, but it's there anyway...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up What do ya expect...

Quote:
Ah, but there are worse things than humming foge...man, you're a super baseball head tonight!
I played baseball from age 9 to 18, Except for a major wrist injury I probably would still be playing...

This is the time of year I live for, the playoffs!

Brian j.

PS-Is it just me or does Mick & Lindsey on my "South Park" image seem to be looking at the "Stevie-goat's" ass??? And when did John McVie start singing on stage anyway???

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 10-14-2004 at 12:37 AM..
Old 10-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenbythesky
Thank you for posting that and thus putting a human face on the matter. The experience must have been hell. You seem to be a stronger person because of it. Morality and homosexuality can go together. Beautifully done. Way to go.
Thanks for the kind words.
I was torn between saying WAY too much, and not saying enough.

The idea of homosexuality equating immorality is something that really bothers me though, so I decided to err on the side of saying too much.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Johnny Stew, thanks for sharing so much. You've really opened my eyes...Helped me to better understand the difficulties you and others have faced. And you manage to do it with such good humor! (I'm straight, if you're wondering; I care about the struggles and experiences of gay people , in this case Ledgies.)
Old 10-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
I played baseball from age 9 to 18, Except for a major wrist injury I probably would still be playing...

This is the time of year I live for, the playoffs!

Brian j.
Me, too (fastpitch softball) and i like to watch baseball ok (more than any other sport sides gymnastics and figure skating) but i always liked playing more than watching. I guess i've gotten passionate a few times (giants, two years ago) but also, from the time i can remember, age 2-3 or so, my mom would always be listening to a game on the radio (baseball, football, basketball ) and be like "hush! I'm listening to the game!" or be like "no, you can't watch that cause the game's on" *sigh*!
anyways, this is supposed to be the gay ledgies unite thread, so i'll stop.
And no, Lindsey's just watching her walk in, cause she just arrived, right? um..."stevie goat's ass"?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
you know, i actually don't remember that scene from when i saw it, and now i'm really pissed cause i don't think i REALLY saw it hope it's on tape or DVD...that's season 4, right?

Last edited by amber; 10-14-2004 at 12:40 AM..
Old 10-14-2004, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My first sexual experience turned out to be a one-night stand. Was told all these sweet, wonderful things by this great-looking, fast-talking guy.
The man was sex on two-legs. VERY handsome, VERY charismatic, and, in no time at all, I was over the moon about the fact that he was paying any attention to ME.

So I bought into everything he said... believed that he thought I was this really great guy, and I was sooo funny, and he was really looking forward to getting to know me better and hanging out together, etc., etc.
And one thing lead to another.

He got a whole lot further than I would have dreamed he could, but I'm sure not as far as he would have liked to have gotten.
Still, when all was said and done, he thanked me for a great evening and then told me he had better get home before his girlfriend started to wonder where he was.

OUCH!
Wow. You got a jerk the first time out.

Quote:
Ever after that, my experiences have been within relationships.

And, trust me, you can have a LOT of fun with one guy. You make it different, you get creative, and it can be just as "sporting."
In fact, there's a JC Penney's parking lot in Ohio that I'll never look at the same way again.
Oh, I know all about that ! I have had life altering experiences within the context of serious, monogamous, committed relationships. Four of 'em, at last count...one 5 years, one 2, two of them 3. At one point or another, I wanted each of them to be "the one", and thought maybe we could go the distance. Alas, none of them was the right guy for the long haul, though "each had their own charms"
Life gets screwy. Things change. I have found that I don't believe a relationship has to be "forever" to have value and depth. Whatever happens, happens. If I find another connection that can match those others, or exceed them....great. If not, I feel lucky to have experienced all that I have.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
What a great post. I was crying, it was beautiful...it's the perfect "argument"
Hi Amber... thanks for the response.
I didn't mean to make anyone cry though. I went through it, and, for me, it's over and done with now. Unfortunately there are a lot of kids going through it as we speak though... and, even worse, some of them won't make it to the other side.

Gay male JR. & SR. high school students are up to SEVEN TIMES likelier to attempt suicide than their straight peers, and are up to 30% likelier to be successful in those attempts.

We're not reaching out to them enough... they're falling through the cracks. Our religious leaders are failing them, their parents and adult role-models are failing them, and society in general is failing them.
That is something to cry about, and we need to do our best to change it.

I was one of the lucky ones, and I won't forget that.

Ok, off my soapbox now.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't mean to make anyone cry though. I went through it, and, for me, it's over and done with now. Unfortunately there are a lot of kids going through it as we speak though... and, even worse, some of them won't make it to the other side.

Gay male JR. & SR. high school students are up to SEVEN TIMES likelier to attempt suicide than their straight peers, and are up to 30% likelier to be successful in those attempts.

We're not reaching out to them enough... they're falling through the cracks. Our religious leaders are failing them, their parents and adult role-models are failing them, and society in general is failing them.

Ok, off my soapbox now.
Yeah, I know the stats. it's terrible. I'm glad it's getting better. And I cry easily - not in public And I cry at great beauty...It just makes me sad that people are taught that "god" thinks they're bad...it's just so...illogical...(from what i know about god )
AMber

Old 10-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Ok, off my soapbox now.
Yes, yes, and yes. All reasons we're trying to find a way to weasel around my Catholic high school's inability to have a Gay/Straight Alliance. Our plan is to create something identical to an alliance, just under a different name. We'll
be meeting to discuss it next Friday.

Just thinking about all of those lives lost, and all of the people affected by gay teens committing suicide makes me want to cry.

(I hate to be "playing this card" twice, having mentioned the GSA thing much earlier in this thread.)

Last edited by takenbythesky; 10-14-2004 at 12:55 AM..