User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
"Its Lindsey Buckingham, for Snickers! 'Sometimes I'm doing a guitar solo and I haven't eaten for like, three fu.ckin' weeks... I'll eat a Snickerrrssssss!'
L-M-A-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
Honestly I don't believe either one should be opening at all. The whole idea is nonsense.
Yeah, what he said Lindsey is not an opening act. He's better suited to smaller venues, ( which I prefer anyways ), but he's no opener.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post

Yeah, what he said Lindsey is not an opening act. He's better suited to smaller venues, ( which I prefer anyways ), but he's no opener.
Yeah, that's what Tina Turner said.

Michele
Old 01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
Stevie and Lindsey together as a team are great, but they really don't appeal to the same people in their solo careers, at least not in the same ways.
It's true. If her fans aren't his fans already, it's because they do not like his music. They hardly like it on FM albums, why would they want to hear a whole string of solo songs? As far as finding new fans and getting his sound out there and appreciated, he'd do better touring with an indie act than with Stevie.

The very last thing I want to do in this life time is attend a concert filled with people in Stevie garb talking, running to the bathroom and hissing all through Lindsey's set.

Michele
Old 01-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Chiffonheads and Buckheads in the same venue = disaster
Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
Chiffonheads and Buckheads in the same venue = disaster
Um, have y'all been to Fleetwood Mac concerts??
Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Believe it or not, some of us like them both! But, no, I don't think Lindsey could handle opening for Stevie. I wouldn't want to either if I were him.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's true. If her fans aren't his fans already, it's because they do not like his music. They hardly like it on FM albums, why would they want to hear a whole string of solo songs?
yes, that was my point exactly. and, LB seems to really enjoy knowing that his solo audience is there for his music (who wouldn't?.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As far as finding new fans and getting his sound out there and appreciated, he'd do better touring with an indie act than with Stevie.
maybe Camper van Beethoven can open for Lindsey sometime? they seem to be touring a lot these days in some really small venues i believe.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Believe it or not, some of us like them both! But, no, I don't think Lindsey could handle opening for Stevie. I wouldn't want to either if I were him.
Exactly. I like 'em both. All I'm saying is their audience is the Mac fan...so Stevie's fans absolutely know him. I agree that he could garner a new fan base but I don't think that's gonna happen at this stage in his career.

Ok, so how would they do it?? A BN tour that is... like they do the Mac and let Stevie have bathroom breaks when he's doing his solo songs? I'm good with that. I'd rather they shared the stage anyway. She could twirl during Big Love again and he can lip synch Stand Back. Awesome.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
unfortunately, no. but i've seen bootlegs where whoever was recording kept showing stevie doing nothing, while missing lindsey performing some great solo at the same time.

i think it's the "right" (FM) and "left" (LB) side of the palette thing. i've seen a lot of complaining on these boards about lindsey's SYW songs and how many of them didn't belong on the FM album, that they are too "left" for FM.

but you are of course right, many people definitely like both. although those people would probably go to LB solo anyway.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but you are of course right, many people definitely like both. although those people would probably go to LB solo anyway.
Right. I like them both. I like the trio. All of the songwriters have a claim on my heart. There's definitely an overlap among their fans. But the part that does not overlap can get ugly.

Michele
Old 01-20-2011, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I could not handle Lindsey opening for Stevie. It's never good when the opening act outshines the main performer, and I like Stevie enough to not want it to happen to her.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Some of Stevie's fans seem to think that if you like Lindsey Buckingham, you are 'betraying' Stevie. That logic astounds me! I am a fan of both Lindsey and Stevie. I like Christine McVie better than I like Stevie, but I am still a fan of all of them. At my first FM concert (The Dance tour), this girl (one row behind me and 6 seats to the left) talked Very Loudly about Stevie to her friends Every time Lindsey or Christine were singing!! That's the kind of fan I could do without!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Some of Stevie's fans seem to think that if you like Lindsey Buckingham, you are 'betraying' Stevie. That logic astounds me! I am a fan of both Lindsey and Stevie. I like Christine McVie better than I like Stevie, but I am still a fan of all of them. At my first FM concert (The Dance tour), this girl (one row behind me and 6 seats to the left) talked Very Loudly about Stevie to her friends Every time Lindsey or Christine were singing!! That's the kind of fan I could do without!
Yeah, there's always some leathery whiskey-voiced hag yapping throughout the concert or drunkenly croaking "I love you, Stee-vay!!!" at the most inappropriate moments. Chances are, these people either post or lurk on the Ledge. You know who you are, so please stop it.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Yeah, there's always some leathery whiskey-voiced hag yapping throughout the concert or drunkenly croaking "I love you, Stee-vay!!!" at the most inappropriate moments. Chances are, these people either post or lurk on the Ledge. You know who you are, so please stop it.
The one who was at this concert was young (probably 20). She had two friends with her that seemed to not be fans of FM or Stevie. She proceeded to tell them (loudly)everything she possible could about Stevie Nicks, anytime Lindsey or Christine was singing.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
There's the hag. There's the young drunk girl (with or without head attire) and there's the sloppy, drunk guy who is convinced he could sleep with Stevie, if he could just get her alone. "Who's the beast? I'm your beast, baby."

Michele