Old 03-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
haha, she also looks miserable
that, she does.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder what the story behind this photo is? This is Mirage tour, isn't it? Why is LB there when she's getting her make-up done? Unless he's next of course, and trying to get her out the chair.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
I wonder what the story behind this photo is? This is Mirage tour, isn't it? Why is LB there when she's getting her make-up done? Unless he's next of course, and trying to get her out the chair.
Yes, it is Mirage. I don't know where it was taken, but Robin was either sick or had died. It looks like she's totally out of it to me and Lindsey is holding her up. As for why he is there - I don't think they are ever totally secluded backstage. I think the guys are especially wandering around a lot since it takes them less time to get ready. But, in this instance, I'm sure he was the only one who could understand her grief.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always saw it labeled something like 'Lindsey giving Stevie a massage'... probably just what someone assumed based on their positions, either way that really doesn't explain anything and actually only brings up more questions about this picture :/
Old 03-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yes, it is Mirage. I don't know where it was taken, but Robin was either sick or had died. It looks like she's totally out of it to me and Lindsey is holding her up. As for why he is there - I don't think they are ever totally secluded backstage. I think the guys are especially wandering around a lot since it takes them less time to get ready. But, in this instance, I'm sure he was the only one who could understand her grief.
This photo just leaves me baffled, intrigued and mystified. Stevie does look completely lost. It just seems strange to me that, especially in those days, Lindsey would be in such close proximity to Stevie pre show. I could be completely wrong but I just assumed she would do her thing and he would do his and they'd meet up on stage. Maybe they were friendly even when they weren't getting along..who knows. But Lindsey's stance definitely suggests he's there to support Stevie, perhaps even literally. We do know for sure it's the Mirage tour so you could be right about it being related to Robin. She was, after all, a friend of the whole band and even toured with them for a while.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

"I don't know what I'm wearing or why the hell I'm wearing it, either, folks."

Old 03-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
"I don't know what I'm wearing or why the hell I'm wearing it, either, folks."

....but it doesn't really matter because I'm way to stoned out of my mind to give a sh*t!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
I've always loved this photo of Stevie. To me they were going for old Hollywood glamour and it shows. She still goes for this today and even in recent photographs in period clothes and hats and gowns. Timeless classics.
Well... except Marlena, Garbo and Marilyn didn't sport poodle permed mullets.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

"...and that is why, starting at 10 PM Eastern Standard Time, I propose that the United Nations impose a n0-play zone on any radio station, either FM or AM, found playing Sit On My Face, Stevie Nix, Go Your Own Way, Not That Funny, or any of the other songs previously mentioned, in order to halt any further acts of musical aggression against my character."
Old 03-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
This photo just leaves me baffled, intrigued and mystified. Stevie does look completely lost. It just seems strange to me that, especially in those days, Lindsey would be in such close proximity to Stevie pre show. I could be completely wrong but I just assumed she would do her thing and he would do his and they'd meet up on stage. Maybe they were friendly even when they weren't getting along..who knows.
From the earlier tour footage that Mick filmed, they all seemed to be milling about backstage and sometimes they talked to each other and sometimes they would be with their own groups. I was surprised that they were all together too. Of course, that was from five years earlier, when Robin was with Stevie back stage. I remember a segment where Robin seemed to be fixing Stevie's hair up in the Rhiannon bun and she was looking for pins and Lindsey ran back and said something to them. I don't know what he said. It was something like, "I'm begging you . . . " I really couldn't hear that well.

As for Lindsey and Stevie, I would imagine they were like brother and sister. You could be beating each other up at noon and getting along perfectly by dinner time. I mean I only saw two Mirage shows, but looking at the video, I could imagine there might be nights when he laid on her back like he does in that famous clip and nights when they just hiss at each other across the stage.

Michele
Old 03-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
From the earlier tour footage that Mick filmed, they all seemed to be milling about backstage and sometimes they talked to each other and sometimes they would be with their own groups. I was surprised that they were all together too. Of course, that was from five years earlier, when Robin was with Stevie back stage. I remember a segment where Robin seemed to be fixing Stevie's hair up in the Rhiannon bun and she was looking for pins and Lindsey ran back and said something to them. I don't know what he said. It was something like, "I'm begging you . . . " I really couldn't hear that well.

As for Lindsey and Stevie, I would imagine they were like brother and sister. You could be beating each other up at noon and getting along perfectly by dinner time. I mean I only saw two Mirage shows, but looking at the video, I could imagine there might be nights when he laid on her back like he does in that famous clip and nights when they just hiss at each other across the stage.

Michele
right. and even christine said (paraphrasing) that her and john had zero contact with each other and stevie and lindsey would have massive blow out fights and then get along famously after.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Well... except Marlena, Garbo and Marilyn didn't sport poodle permed mullets.
OMG, fabulous! I just peed my pants a little . Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Like, yeah, totally, and so me and Chrissy were like, yeah, like, wooowww...ha-ha! ohhmagahdd...totally!"

"Seriously, "the Holocaust on your table?" You guys are just friggin' encouraging me now!"
Old 03-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"Oh no! I forgot to turn off the stove after making that last batch of Hamburger Helper!!"