User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
Liked the rockband Thought "is that Pulp" right away and yes it was Jarvis Cocker + half of Radiohead? Good that they didn't have some lame kiddie rock music in it.
Franz Ferdinand was originally supposed to do the music but they backed out because they thought it was too cheesy.

Old 11-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Franz Ferdinand was originally supposed to do the music but they backed out because they thought it was too cheesy.
Really! They would've been great too.
I don't get why they thought them cheesy though. Not the first word that comes to mind when I think of them.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
Really! They would've been great too.
I don't get why they thought them cheesy though. Not the first word that comes to mind when I think of them.
No no, Franz thought being in a Potter movie would be too cheesy.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmm.. that does make more sense...

Old 11-26-2005, 04:21 PM
CreepingDeath
This message has been deleted by CreepingDeath.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw Walk the Line last night... again.

It's official. I love this movie. And damn it if Reese Witherspoon isn't growing on me. If you haven't seen it yet, go now. Right now. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon are fantastic! Fine performances by all involved (except maybe for the guy who plays Roy Orbison, but you only see him for about 10 seconds, so it's okay) actually, and damned if JP isn't charmingly sexy when he's pretending to be drunk off his ass.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
I saw Walk the Line last night... again.

It's official. I love this movie. And damn it if Reese Witherspoon isn't growing on me. If you haven't seen it yet, go now. Right now. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon are fantastic! Fine performances by all involved (except maybe for the guy who plays Roy Orbison, but you only see him for about 10 seconds, so it's okay) actually, and damned if JP isn't charmingly sexy when he's pretending to be drunk off his ass.
This move DOES rock. I saw it over the weekend and thought it was f'ing fantastic. But then again, I'm a pretty big Johnny Cash fan and was very interested in this movie from the get-go. R.W. and J.P. WERE June Carter and Johnny Cash...they were so believable, I was so there with them the whole movie long. Seriously, if there's an overriding reason to see this movie it's for those two performances. Outstanding.

Oh, and I WEEPED during the first 15-20 minutes of the movie, so for those who haven't seen it yet, bring tissues!
Old 11-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I just watched Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I think it got panned, but since I haven't read the books I thought it was pretty good. Quite funny in parts. Well, mostly Sam Rockwell was funny. Really funny.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I just watched Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I think it got panned, but since I haven't read the books I thought it was pretty good. Quite funny in parts. Well, mostly Sam Rockwell was funny. Really funny.
Yeah, he's pretty hilarious alright. You should see this offbeat movie called "Box Full of Moonlight" with him and John Tuturro. Not only will you get Rockwell hilarity, you'll also get a few shots of his naked ass. There ya go .
Old 11-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Yeah, he's pretty hilarious alright. You should see this offbeat movie called "Box Full of Moonlight" with him and John Tuturro. Not only will you get Rockwell hilarity, you'll also get a few shots of his naked ass. There ya go .
Sounds good. I didn't really know about him before, although I had heard the name. He's very good. It was funny, on the bonus whatever, he was talking about his character and stuff, and at the end he said "They couldn't afford Jim Carrey so they got me." And I was thinking I'd rather watch Sam every day of the week and twice on Sundays than Jim Carrey....

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Jim Carrey
I have been known to go into convulsive fits at the mere mention of that name. The doctors say it's some sort of allergic reaction.

Old 11-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm looking forward to Aeon Flux this weekend (hopefully). MTV2 was playing a marathon the other night -- i'm officially ready for it to be released. Not to mention the man they have playing Trevor Goodchild? Hot. Aeon and Trevor sexual tension = love.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I'm looking forward to Aeon Flux this weekend (hopefully). MTV2 was playing a marathon the other night -- i'm officially ready for it to be released. Not to mention the man they have playing Trevor Goodchild? Hot. Aeon and Trevor sexual tension = love.
Me, too. I've been waiting. I also ordered the DVD's that just came out from netflix. I love the Flux. The guy playing Trevor has my B-day, too. And yes, he is hot. There used to be only 2 VHS tapes available for rental and that made me very sad. I still rented them 2-3 times, though....

Old 11-29-2005, 03:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have been known to go into convulsive fits at the mere mention of that name. The doctors say it's some sort of allergic reaction.
well, I'm familiar with that*, but I thought he was quite tolerable in Eternal Sunshine etc.
Nice one, except for the dizzy camera work, but that's just me.

*dumb and dumber? please kill me.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow. We agree on something. Have you seen Hitchhikers Guide? Oh, the Rockwell. If it isn't your genre, (which it wasn't really mine) I still recommend you see it just at least for that performance.
My other favorite thing was that I'd somehow remembered the name "Zoe Daschanel" (???? WTF? I have no idea what I remembered that name from. My memory is like a cruel mistress. Anywhoo.)

And that she's in it. Sesly, you will like it, I think. Although I'm not sure that it's superstellar filmaking, and if you've read the books do not ever see it, but aside from those two things it's PFFAC!!!! (Pretty Fuspin Funny and Cool). Also for their few creatures, they used the Jim Henson company. Which made it better. I hate when creatures and/animals talk, but it was good.

Did ya like the Doctor Who PBS shows? Me neither, but this is way better.

*Sidenote - Did anyone else's mom watch "All Creatures Great and Small" the British show on PBS, and have the books??? I was just wondering if anyone else was bored when they were 10 yet grudgingly had to admit that the show/books were good, yet slow as molasses in June. In fact, did anyone else watch insane amounts of PBS at all? Member Good Neighbors? At least that was funny. Sheesh. rolls eyes. It was that Penelope lady - she always made the sitcoms great. In fact, I think she might have been in Fawlty Towahs. Towers. Yes, also my mom loved the Hitchhiker books. Blergh. *

Last edited by amber; 11-29-2005 at 03:48 AM..
Old 11-29-2005, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

*Sidenote - Did anyone else's mom watch "All Creatures Great and Small" the British show on PBS, and have the books??? I was just wondering if anyone else was bored when they were 10 yet grudgingly had to admit that the show/books were good, yet slow as molasses in June.
I read the books along with my mother over a summer spent in the Florida keys, when I was ten. We didn't have tv, and it was too hot to go outside, so I read everything within reach. I actually loved those books so much, I wanted to be a vet, until 6th grade.
We watched the show too.

I can't wait to see Aeon Flux, but I sort of wish it were animated, like the original. They could have used the animation Linklater uses in "Waking Life", and the upcoming P.K. Dick adaptation, " A Scanner Darkly".