User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
As long as we're reading minds, it was obvious that when Barack Obama said "we've got to solve this problem short term", he was using the word "short" as a despicable slur against amputees. And when he said "You've got cross-border attacks against U.S. troops". the "cross" was meant as a meanspirited jab at crossdressers and all GLBT Americans. I mean, it was obvious.

x infinity.
I think in the McCain case, it is obvious. They're not going to get elected based on their platform, so what's left is to play to people's fears and prejudices. This has been the Republican playbook for years. When Palin says Obama pals around with terrorists it's clear what they're doing.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
I mean, the McCain campaign has been making thinly veiled references, but basically their message is "Do you want that black Muslim extremist as President?"
That's not how I take it at all. I think they're saying "Do you want an elitist extremist as President?"

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
That's not how I take it at all. I think they're saying "Do you want an elitist extremist as President?"
Let's see exactly what is Obama an etremist about? Yeah he is so elite raised by a single mom living from paycheck to paycheck and got where he is by his own efforts just like Bushie! You really want to talk extremist ..how about a far right evangelical cultist who would be one 70 something 's with a bad health history heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I don't get it, where is this elitist claim comming from? McCain is the one with who knows how many houses (obviously not him) that wants tax cuts for the rich. Can anyone think of any examples of Obama being "elitist," because I cannot.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today I got in a very heated... discussion.... with one of my friends. We were talking about how whether or nor raising taxes on the upper-class won't bring about the end of the world via price hikes. He said that the people who would be getting tax increases are the business owners and that they would have to raise prices, making it harder on everyone else. He didn't seem to recognize that Obama's tax plans would just return things to the way they were in the Clinton administration, when things were actually working. What should I say to talk some sense into him?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
I don't get it, where is this elitist claim comming from? McCain is the one with who knows how many houses (obviously not him) that wants tax cuts for the rich. Can anyone think of any examples of Obama being "elitist," because I cannot.
The reference is most likely referring to some kind of intellectual elitism..which I suppose is indicating that we all need to dumb down and vote McCain/Palin ..wait a minute isn't that the kind of non thinking that got America the wonderful Bush adminisration!

Old 10-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to digress, but I saw something today that REALLY upset me. I was walking by my house and our neighbors 2 houses down, who are staunch republicans, had their signs on their property spray-painted over by some effin dufus. Now, let me make it clear, I DO NOT agree with 95% of what my neighbors believe, but they, along with me, have a right to express their views as they see fit. Believe me if I wouldve seen whoever had done this I'dve called the cops immideately. Last time I checked, this is the United States Of America.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The reference is most likely referring to some kind of intellectual elitism..which I suppose is indicating that we all need to dumb down and vote McCain/Palin ..wait a minute isn't that the kind of non thinking that got America the wonderful Bush adminisration!
I know, we Americans are just too classy. We should vote McCain and Palin into office so we don't out think or out class the rest of the world. We wouldn't want to intimidate them.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Don't forget all the references to Michelle Obama being an elitist.

On a side note, I had to attend a meeting yesterday in a rural area. These two guys were sitting next to me discussing the debate. Neither liked McCain, but they just couldn't bring themselves to vote for "Hussein." One said, "I'm not so much voting for McCain as I am voting against Hussein." He then went on to say Palin was the only good one of the lot.

Last edited by GypsySorcerer; 10-09-2008 at 03:18 PM..
Old 10-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't forget all the references to Michelle Obama being an elitist.

On a side note, I had to attend a meeting yesterday in a rural area. These two guys were sitting next to me discussing the debate. Neither liked McCain, but they just couldn't bring themselves to vote for "Hussein." One said, "I'm not so much voting for McCain as I am voting against Hussein." He then went on to say Palin was the only good one of the lot.
Thanks, I just learned a new meaning for the word good!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The way I see it, they are purposely trying to avoid anything that could be taken as racially-based attacks. They have chosen to make an issue of his association with a white American, and ignored how Obama got cozy with the violent opposition leader in Kenya, Raila Odinga. After Odinga lost an election recently, his supporters began a campaign of ethnic cleansing, brutally murdering and raping countless people. Human Rights Watch says that violence was fomented from the top.

If John McCain and Sarah Palin really wanted to paint Obama as a Muslim, they might point out this man Obama was supporting for President of Kenya had gathered the support of Muslim leaders by agreeing to institute Sharia law. And if they were serious about painting him as a terrorist, they might explain how Odinga planned to make suspects of terrorism safe from extradition.

Best Friends Forever Obama and Odinga
Old 10-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
The way I see it, they are purposely trying to avoid anything that could be taken as racially-based attacks. They have chosen to make an issue of his association with a white American, and ignored how Obama got cozy with the violent opposition leader in Kenya, Raila Odinga.
Well, they don't do that because Sarah Palin has her own problems with a history of violence in Africa. Her pastor went on a crazy witch hunt in Africa.

Surprisingly, I don't think that's the first time that "witch" has come up on a Fleetwood Mac discussion board!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He then went on to say Palin was the only good one of the lot.
You know, I get that. Palin is certainly refreshing against the bull**** of these "seasoned" presidential candidates, that are spewing out empty promises and flapping their lips.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
You know, I get that. Palin is certainly refreshing against the bull**** of these "seasoned" presidential candidates, that are spewing out empty promises and flapping their lips.
Yeah, with all of her "expertise," new lines, and lack of hypocrisy, she is the one that I'd want for VP.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
Yeah, with all of her "expertise," new lines, and lack of hypocrisy, she is the one that I'd want for VP.
LOL. Who knows anymore, really. I have a friend (Dem) voting for the McCain/Palin ticket and he is hoping McCain kicks it during his administration. This is also the same friend who is frightened that Obama would be a serious target for assassination and having Biden be the President scares him even more. OK, so my friend is hysterical.