Old 08-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
getting up at 9 ...
she kills me
Don't forget to be at work by 2pm!

I do love hearing she's a bath vs shower kind of girl. Baths for the win!
Old 08-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Registered

Stevie Nicks' New Jewels

'These songs are like little jewels," says Stevie Nicks of her new album. "Each song is a story of what was going on at the time - new relationships, new friends, new Fleetwood Mac albums". 24 Karat Gold - Songs From the Vault (out October 7th) is full of songs Nicks had written but never previously recorded, dating back to 1969. Some are so private, not even her Mac bandmates have heard them. "Lady was on a cassette I kept in a box, in a sacred trunk that my mother had," she says, "It just said "Lady" on the front."

Nicks faced a severe time crunch in the studio - she had to finish before rehearsals for Fleetwood Mac's reunion tour with Christine McVie. "I called [producer] Dave Stewart and said 'I've got the songs, but how do we make a record in two months"? He said "Nashville. That's what they do. 'It's like checking yourself into a music rehab".

The Nashville session cats helped Nicks crash 17 tracks in just three weeks. It was a new experience for her. "I'm usually up till four or five in the morning, but [for this album] I had to get up at nine, do a vocal lesson at 10, then watch Wendy Williams just to wake up. I'm in the bathtub by 12, then dressing as fast I can to be in the vocal booth by two". It was exotic other ways, too. "I'm used to bands where we argue over how to do the song" says Nicks. "These Nashville guys just said "Yes Ma'am".

The album is decorated with Polaroid selfies taken by Nicks over the years. "People would ask to model for me, and I'd say "Be at my hotel room at 2:30 am, dressed in lipstick and gowns and hats and rhinestones and diamonds" Nicks says "And they'd say "Uh, no, I'm good.' So I was the model, photographer, and furniture mover."

Like the photos, the songs document Nicks' private life. "Lady" captures the mood of me and Lindsey [Buckingham] being scared to death when we moved to L.A. in 1971," she says. "Our producer Keith Olsen gave us this white carved piano - I wrote "Rhiannon" on it. But I didn't know how to play. "Lady" was me figuring it out."

Nobody from Fleetwood Mac has heard the album yet, but shes confident her mates will like it. "Lindsey will love it" Nicks says "Half the songs are about him!"
Old 08-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Queen Stevie."

Glad to see they're continuing their theme.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

getting up at 9 ...
she kills me
Watching Wendy Williams.

Michele
Old 08-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Her comments about Lady make me think that we MUST be getting some liner notes about the origin of each song. And I continue to hold out hope that we'll eventually receive the 17th (or 18th?!) track.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Watching Wendy Williams.

Michele
Who is Wendy Williams?

1/2 the songs are about Lindsay Oh she is such a tease

It takes her all day to get ready for work starting at 2pm
Old 08-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
"Queen Stevie."

Glad to see they're continuing their theme.
A tale as old as time. Lindsey stole the phrase; now they're stealing it back...

"Long live the Queen (of the Underground)"

#ignoringkristensQueenofEnglandbusinessofcourselol

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 08-28-2014, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Don't forget to be at work by 2pm!

I do love hearing she's a bath vs shower kind of girl. Baths for the win!
i work at night/late evenings
so that is normal to me. but hilarious for her. poor baby.
but i laughed because i see her in the tub for an LEAST an hour or 2
so she had to get up earlier to ensure she had ample tub!time
Old 08-28-2014, 08:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Stevie Nicks' New Jewels
*snip*
Thank you for posting this. The text in the picture is slightly hard to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Who is Wendy Williams?
She use to have a radio segment on Power 99 FM in Philly years ago but now she has a daytime talk show. She's ok.... a little crass at times. And frank.

Quote:
i work at night/late evenings
so that is normal to me. but hilarious for her. poor baby.
but i laughed because i see her in the tub for an LEAST an hour or 2
so she had to get up earlier to ensure she had ample tub!time
lol And meetings with the bathroom faeries!
I can't say I'm too sympathetic about her having to take a long time to get ready for work. Although, having to reschedule your sleep pattern is a bitch!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickingham View Post
Although, having to reschedule your sleep pattern is a bitch!
But, sometimes it's a breeze!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Always good to have the text, for copying]

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...vault-20140828

By Rob Sheffield | August 28, 2014 Rolling Stone

These songs are little jewels," says Stevie Nicks of her new album. "Each one is the story of what was going on at the time – new relationships, new friends, new Fleetwood Mac albums." 24 Karat Gold – Songs From the Vault (out October 7th) is full of songs Nicks had written but never previously recorded, dating back to 1969. Some are so private, not even her Mac bandmates have heard them. "'Lady' was on a cassette I kept in a box, in a sacred trunk that my mother had," she says. "It just said 'Lady' on the front."

Nicks faced a severe time crunch in the studio – she had to finish before rehearsals for Fleetwood Mac's fall reunion tour with Christine McVie began. "I called [producer] Dave Stewart and said, 'I've got the songs, but how do we make a record in two months?'" she says. "He said, 'Nashville. That's what they do.' It's like checking yourself into music rehab."

The Nashville session cats helped Nicks crash 17 tracks in just three weeks. It was a new experience for her. "I'm usually up till four or five in the morning, but [for this album] I had to get up at nine, do a vocal lesson at 10, then watch Wendy Williams just to wake up. I'm in the bathtub at 12, then dressing as fast as I can, and driving across town to be in the vocal booth by two." It was exotic in other ways, too. "I'm used to bands where we argue over how to do the song. These Nashville guys just say, 'Yes, ma'am.'"

The album is decorated with Polaroid selfies taken by Nicks over the years. "People would ask to model for me, and I'd say, 'Be at my hotel room at 2:30 a.m., dressed in lipstick and gowns and hats and rhinestones and diamonds,' " Nicks says. "And they'd say, 'Uh, no, I'm good.' So I was the model, photographer and furniture mover."

Like the photos, the songs document Nicks' private life. "'Lady' captures the mood of me and Lindsey [Buckingham] being scared to death when we moved to L.A. in 1971," she says. "Our producer Keith Olsen gave us this white carved piano – I wrote 'Rhiannon' on it. But I didn't know how to play. 'Lady' was me figuring it out."

Nobody from Fleetwood Mac has heard the album yet, but she's confident her mates will like it. "Lindsey will love it," she says. "Half the songs are about him!"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...#ixzz3Bj298Ie8
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Old 08-28-2014, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Michele,

Welcomechris already posted this text about 8 posts above yours.

Just thought you should know.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is my favorite quote...

"People would ask to model for me, and I'd say, 'Be at my hotel room at 2:30 a.m., dressed in lipstick and gowns and hats and rhinestones and diamonds,' " Nicks says. "And they'd say, 'Uh, no, I'm good.' So I was the model, photographer and furniture mover."

In regards to the album cover for the "Lady" single, I can imagine Stevie at 4am on a coke fueled "all nighter" by herself, pushing all the furniture out of the living room as her RAL demos are playing on a cassette recorder, doing another line, setting up her polaroid camera, setting the timer and then running to pose on the hardwood floor! LOL It's a beautiful shot that SHOULD HAVE been the Lithograph. I'm not too fond of the two options we're getting (especially since you can't pick which one you want). I'm praying that I get the one with the "wild hair" and not the one with the stupid hat and cigarette.

I also love the quote where she says the Nashville band just said "Yes Ma'am" and just did whatever they were told. Which is probably why these songs sound so much closer to their demo counterparts.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's kind of funny/sad that she seems to think Lady was hidden away in a treasure chest all these years, when really, it was floating around the internet....
Old 08-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Always good to have the text, for copying]

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...vault-20140828

By Rob Sheffield | August 28, 2014 Rolling Stone

The album is decorated with Polaroid selfies taken by Nicks over the years. "People would ask to model for me, and I'd say, 'Be at my hotel room at 2:30 a.m., dressed in lipstick and gowns and hats and rhinestones and diamonds,' " Nicks says. "And they'd say, 'Uh, no, I'm good.' So I was the model, photographer and furniture mover."

Yeah, I guess not too many people want to be fashion models at 2:30 in the morning. I found that whole scenario a little bizarre, but so Stevie Nicks, night owl that she is. Glad we got the selfies though instead!