The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I alwyas heard Fracas, and wanted to try it because people talk about how good she smells.

I have asthma though, does anyone know if Fracas is strong? I'd have to order off the internet because we don't have a Sephora in my area.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OK admit it, how many Ledgies have run down to the store to smell or purchase any of the scents listed in this thread?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
I alwyas heard Fracas, and wanted to try it because people talk about how good she smells.

I have asthma though, does anyone know if Fracas is strong? I'd have to order off the internet because we don't have a Sephora in my area.
I bought it - it's expensive and it's very strong. It has a heavy gardenia scent. It's wonderful - a unique fragrance - I actually wore it today but I sneezed all day...
Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post

I found it a bit strong, but I am a bit set in my ways when it comes to fragrances. I didn't set out to buy it--a few months ago it was one of the free sample choices on Sephora. I usually pick 3 fragrances as my freebies--so keep your eyes on the freebies if you happen to order anything from Sephora online.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I bought it - it's expensive and it's very strong. It has a heavy gardenia scent. It's wonderful - a unique fragrance - I actually wore it today but I sneezed all day...

I'm intrigued that you said that because normally perfume doesn't make me sneeze, but about 10-15 minutes after i put this on, I do have a sneezing fit.

And I put very little on. Just a spritz on my neck and a tiny bit on my wrists. It is very strong and at first I didn't love it on me, but now it's one of my all-time favs.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

I just wanted to share two articles I came across while searching for perfumes that Stevie wears.

http://www.beautynewsnyc.com/fragran...who-love-them/

Fragrances and the Celebs Who Love Them
By Kim Taylor

"Halle Berry, Rosanna and Patricia Arquette, Rebecca Romajin, Janice Dickenson, Shiva Rose and Stevie Nicks:

Black Gardenia oil
This perfume is akin to floating. It’s a mysterious blend of white blossoms with a soul of gardenia in a silky oil base, and it has a hint of something deep and dark as well. It comes on strong at first, and then it softens and warms and smells slightly dangerous. It’s both sweet and wild, like a wildcat, Billy Bob Thornton or a supermodel on a rampage."

And the other one is an interview by More.com (it's a bit long, I only posted an excerpt):

http://www.more.com/stevie-nicks

More: "You said you’re keeping these journals for your goddaughters and your niece."

SN: "Yes, and I think that's really great because I think of my grandmother, my mom's mom--I adored her. And I spent every summer with her from when I was about 3 until I was 15, and I just loved her so much and I had so much fun with her. She would let me stay up all night and drink coffee and watch movies. And I just wish so much that she had been writing, because it she had written it down, I'd have it. I keep my journals in those big leather-bound journals because I find that those don't get lost. I like to tell all my fairy god-daughters and my niece Jesse that when I'm gone ... which is not a bummer, it's just fact ... they can sit on the floor and go through all these journals, and they can walk through my life, and they can smell the gardenia perfume on the pages. They can have it in their hands ... who I was."

Well, there you have it; Stevie likes gardenia!
Something both she and I share. Although, lilac takes first place for me!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickingham View Post
Well, there you have it; Stevie likes gardenia!
Something both she and I share. Although, lilac takes first place for me!
Running through the garden(ias)
Old 11-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Ledgie

Robert Piguet also makes 'Petit Fracas' for those as of yet unprepared for the full bloom of 'Fracas'. It leads with lighter citrus notes rather than the headiness of tuberose. Jasmin and gardenia remain the leading notes that settle on the skin and envelop you throughout the day. The final scent, the base, is a creamier sandalwood where 'Fracas' classically has something more of an edge of musk. As a result it is sweeter than that Stevie wears.
If you wanted to wear a similar fragrance without the high price try Madonna's 'Truth or Dare' and put aside prejudice of celebrity scents.

'Gardenia' of the Les Exclusifs de Chanel is much lighter than Piguet or Madonna. It is less creamy and purer gardenia scent. It does not envelop you so deeply but it does veil your skin nicely. 'Beige' of the same range has the creaminess and sweetness that layers very nicely with the ethereal white floral of gardenia and creates what is to my nose a superior 'Fracas'. It settles on me far more discreetly than any of Piquet but of course that is individual body chemistry.

Regarding fragrance layering I also believe that the body lotion, I think discussed elsewhere on this board, Creme de la Mer that Stevie uses softens the Piguet fragrance, absorbing some of the edge of the musk without taking away from the depth of classic Fracas.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:55 AM
Ledgie

Oh my gosh I just posted this on my thread about what Stevie smelled like and here is a thread on it. Newbie. So Lori said patchouli? I will have to get some and see if that is what I smelled on Stevie that night. The perfume Celestine smells pretty close to what Stevie smelled like that night. Gardenia was not the smell at all that night
Old 11-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
Oh my gosh I just posted this on my thread about what Stevie smelled like and here is a thread on it. Newbie. So Lori said patchouli? I will have to get some and see if that is what I smelled on Stevie that night. The perfume Celestine smells pretty close to what Stevie smelled like that night. Gardenia was not the smell at all that night
I'm sure she has worn different scents over the years. Does anyone wear the same aroma they used in 1979???
Old 11-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
Patchouli smells kinda moldy, and I know some people cant stand it. I however love it because it reminds me of my childhood since my mum used it a lot when I was little.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BTW I read somewhere that Stevie used to make her own mix of patchouli and ylang ylang.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
BTW I read somewhere that Stevie used to make her own mix of patchouli and ylang ylang.
Yes this a topic in the Ask Lori section at the "Nicks Fix...

Lori's answer...
Thank you, Linda, for your thoughts... I'm glad that Stevie's music has meant so much to you! To be honest, Stevie doesn't really wear perfume anymore, as she tends to be very sensitive to most. Although, I am not familiar with "Beautiful," but at one time she used to mix patchouli and musk oils to make her own scent. Now, if she wears any oils or lotions, they are usually gardenia and tuberose scents.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm sure she has worn different scents over the years. Does anyone wear the same aroma they used in 1979???
My mom does: Interlude.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Registered

a few weeks ago I met Charo during a rehearsal for her Las Vegas show , she had no scent , she was in full hair and make up but no scent of make up hair product nothing , and she had been dancing around no smell ... i found that interesting