User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
Oh trust me, I have run into many "jerks" backstage. STINK..er sting is a total piece of crap. Lionel richie was also on the jerk list....The list is unfortuantely much longer. Makes your night to get blown off by Cyndi Lauper! "Can I get an autograph" to which she replied "Give your address to my manger I will send you one" - Geez in the time it took her to say that she could have Scarwled something. and yes, I was an idiot I gave her manager my address - and NO I never recieved anything.
The list goes on and on...... I have had plenty of those nights I wish to forget.

WOW - I have always heard nothing but good things about Lauper

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676
I've met Christine twice.

Each occasion happened in Dallas at the bar of the gorgeous Crescent Court Hotel. She was extremely gracious, a very charming woman. The first time we talked about "Brown Eyes" (not her favorite song, BTW) and the second time it was my birthday and she recognized me -- "You've been sitting in the front the last few shows!" and we talked about the unbelievable success that THE DANCE was getting.
Took pictures with her both times.

I've been lucky enough to have met all the members of the RUMOURS-era Mac a few times and they have all been nothing but very sincere, very friendly people.

rbs

YEAH!!!! Someone else had a good experience!

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
WOW - I have always heard nothing but good things about Lauper

who knows.....maybe she was having a bad night.....(I even had a Blue Angel poster to sign - one of her first bands - maybe she hates them or something)

Old 09-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh trust me, I have run into many "jerks" backstage. STINK..er sting is a total piece of crap. Lionel richie was also on the jerk list....The list is unfortuantely much longer. Makes your night to get blown off by Cyndi Lauper! "Can I get an autograph" to which she replied "Give your address to my manger I will send you one" - Geez in the time it took her to say that she could have Scarwled something. and yes, I was an idiot I gave her manager my address - and NO I never recieved anything.
The list goes on and on...... I have had plenty of those nights I wish to forget.
That's the first I've heard that about Lauper, but not about Richie. I had an acquaintance who met him and Richie wouldn't even speak to him.

I'm such a Sting fan that I hate to be reminded of what a jerk he is. So many have said that, it seems.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
That's the first I've heard that about Lauper, but not about Richie. I had an acquaintance who met him and Richie wouldn't even speak to him.

I'm such a Sting fan that I hate to be reminded of what a jerk he is. So many have said that, it seems.
When I worked in Record Retail, we called him Loinel Itchy. I know...silly, immature - but we were young punks then. We use to change the Record bin card to say that in his section. You would be surprised at how many never noticed.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When I worked in Record Retail, we called him Loinel Itchy. I know...silly, immature - but we were young punks then. We use to change the Record bin card to say that in his section. You would be surprised at how many never noticed.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Fast forward seven years and you are mistaken for her by a very drunk golfer in Detroit
I know!
Old 09-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
. The first time we talked about "Brown Eyes" (not her favorite song, BTW)
rbs
What did she not like about Brown Eyes?
Old 09-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
and the only "real" conversation I had was with Stevie. (Yes, the dreaded lamp thread - cringe). But that was a FLUKE. Right time - right place.
I love the lamp story. I mean, it's way better to shoot the random sh** with somebody. And stevie no less.

Your stories are great, There's always some interesting little twist. The one with Christine was great, and that's kind of what you expect Christine to do, whether she would do it all the time or not.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
YEAH!!!! Someone else had a good experience!
And so did I. I met all of them during the 80's (incl. Rick and Billy) and Lindsey in the early 90's. They were great people, all of them.
Chris was a very classy lady (as you said), took her time to talk and sign everything. She was great!!!!!!!

Stevie's Room
Old 09-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I met her & she wanted me to make myself scarce. She used to hate the fans. But who can blame her? because as a wise friend of mine once said, "Fleetwood Mac is all right -- it's the fans that suck." And the fans do suck, & if I were Chris or someone else in FM, I'd do anything in my power to avoid them.

That sounds like b*ll**** to me. The only fans who are truly irritating are Phish and Grateful Dead fans.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Junior Ledgie

I will jump in here.... I met Christine on her tour for her solo album back in the 80's. She was extremely gracious, friendly and as someone said, photos do not do her justice. She was very beautiful in person. I remember she tried to give me an autograph and the pen kept running out of ink. She made fun of herself as if she was a bit thick and didn't know how to work a pen. I was pretty uncomfortable and just stared as I was so nervous. She reached out her hand to me, recognizing that I was a awestruck and feeling a bit awkward. She took my hand and said "Hi, I'm Christine, good to meet you". My friend kept hitting me in the side telling me to stop staring, that it was rude. Christine heard her say this to me and said, "yes do not stare, it is not polite". She really had a good sense of humour and tried to make me feel comfortable. I would say grounded is a good word to describe her considering her fame. I wish I would have asked for a photo with her as I am sure she would have been up for that. Does anyone have photos they had taken with her they could post here? Anyway...that's my story.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
What did she not like about Brown Eyes?

I had told her that I had been spending a lot of time on her TUSK contributions and that "Brown Eyes" was the one track that I kept going back to over and over again. She got a pained expression on her face and asked, "Why?" and I said, "well, its gorgeous for one!" and she laughed and said, "It just drones on and on and doesn't go anywhere". I told her that it was my favorite. We took a photo and I complimented her on her hat and she said that she and Stevie had purchased a trunk-load recently and she was determined to wear them all. LOL

She was/is a class act.

rbs
Old 09-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymaycen
I will jump in here.... I met Christine on her tour for her solo album back in the 80's. She was extremely gracious, friendly and as someone said, photos do not do her justice. She was very beautiful in person. I remember she tried to give me an autograph and the pen kept running out of ink. She made fun of herself as if she was a bit thick and didn't know how to work a pen. I was pretty uncomfortable and just stared as I was so nervous. She reached out her hand to me, recognizing that I was a awestruck and feeling a bit awkward. She took my hand and said "Hi, I'm Christine, good to meet you". My friend kept hitting me in the side telling me to stop staring, that it was rude. Christine heard her say this to me and said, "yes do not stare, it is not polite". She really had a good sense of humour and tried to make me feel comfortable. I would say grounded is a good word to describe her considering her fame. I wish I would have asked for a photo with her as I am sure she would have been up for that. Does anyone have photos they had taken with her they could post here? Anyway...that's my story.
What a cool story! I would've melted if I had been you! And I know I would've been staring. I bet she is just gorgeous in person. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had told her that I had been spending a lot of time on her TUSK contributions and that "Brown Eyes" was the one track that I kept going back to over and over again. She got a pained expression on her face and asked, "Why?" and I said, "well, its gorgeous for one!" and she laughed and said, "It just drones on and on and doesn't go anywhere". I told her that it was my favorite. We took a photo and I complimented her on her hat and she said that she and Stevie had purchased a trunk-load recently and she was determined to wear them all. LOL

She was/is a class act.

rbs
Wow, that is not how I feel about "Brown Eyes" at all. She is so very modest.