The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

classroom - front
movies - middle front
car - only child, usually got the front BUT as an adult have been know to call shotgun, shall we say, prematurely (as in, nyah, nyah, i called it first!)
the rest of the places, i don't really care. I like restaurants where you can sit outside a lot, otherwise, meh.
But let me say that I definitely would like the opportunity to SAY "SIT YOUR A** DOWN " more often....
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Don't know about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Yeah, but in Oklahoma.

- Jake
most of my dumbass classmates in college (Spartan School Of Aeronautics) were from the Houston Texas area...

How dumb are people who have never seen snow, And even dumber dare to have a snowball fight with someone who can throw consistently in the mid 80's (MPH)? Hitting those Tex-uns was as easy as teaching Rev.Jerry Falwell how to steal from the offering plate on Sunday

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the movies, I like being further towards the very back of the theatre, in the middle of the row, with empty seats in front of me so I can put my feet up.

I like the aisle as well at plays, shows, or sporting events- although if you're on the aisle at a place like Wrigley, you end up being the beer runner for the rest of the aisle, but eh.

In classes, I always preferred further back but still towards the middle. I always have found myself unchallenged in classes and had a tendency to read through all of high school and college, and sitting further back allowed me to do that. If I needed to pay attention, I'd always try to sit more towards the front.

On a plane, I like the aisle, and I don't like being in the back- I want to get off as soon as possible when a plane lands.

And in restaurants, I almost always prefer booths to tables, and away from high-traffic areas like the kitchen, front doors, or restrooms.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
It was my Lit professor and my oral communications professor. They wanted to remember everyones name.

Growing up, my best friends family had a station wagon. She had 3 sisters and the dog was always going with them everywhere. We always got stuck in the back-back because we didn't want to sit with the babies or her older sister so yesss...i am familar with the back-back.
You sure they weren't just trying to isolate you?

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Comm Theory is required for my degree. I suffered through Quantitative Methods last spring, so I decided to take Qualitative, which is what I'm more interested in. I'm looking forward to the student development class.
And what's the degree in again?

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
classroom - front
movies - middle front
car - only child, usually got the front BUT as an adult have been know to call shotgun, shall we say, prematurely (as in, nyah, nyah, i called it first!)
the rest of the places, i don't really care. I like restaurants where you can sit outside a lot, otherwise, meh.
But let me say that I definitely would like the opportunity to SAY "SIT YOUR A** DOWN " more often....
Amber
Oh my, "Shotgun" is a pet peeve of mine. I say you want the seat, get there first, and be prepared to fight for it.
A general rule of thumb on trips also is that if you want that seat, you're responsible for directions. Meaning we pummel you if we get lost.

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
most of my dumbass classmates in college (Spartan School Of Aeronautics) were from the Houston Texas area...

How dumb are people who have never seen snow, And even dumber dare to have a snowball fight with someone who can throw consistently in the mid 80's (MPH)? Hitting those Tex-uns was as easy as teaching Rev.Jerry Falwell how to steal from the offering plate on Sunday
Well, you just explained your A- average. You were being judged against dumb-asses.
(And BTW, I live in Houston, but I'm not a native. I've seen more than enough snow in my life.)

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You sure they weren't just trying to isolate you?

- Jake
The lit and oral communications professors had me up front so no
Old 07-18-2004, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
The lit and oral communications professors had me up front so no
Maybe YOUS were a case study for the rest of the class.

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And what's the degree in again?

- Jake
I'm getting my MA in communication.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I'm getting my MA in communication.
Hey, wasn't that Stevie's planned degree?

- Jake
Old 07-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Pet Peeves of Movie Seating:
I hate it when people come in late for a movie and stand right next to where I'm sitting while trying to find a seat and loudly asking their friends "is this alright? Or do you want to sit over there?" Argh!! ...or people who keep having to get up and pass by me. I can only cram my legs so far into my chest people, please!! And I like to sit on the aisle so I'm always bugged by frequent exiters. As far as where I like to sit in a theater: it's usually right in the middle, but like I said, I like to sit on the aisle which bugs my husband because he's 6'3" and he thinks that's more his right than mine (he likes to stick his legs off to the side because they're always crammed up behind the seats).

Play seating...hmmm, don't go to enough plays to answer that.

In classrooms, well, actually it depends on the class. If it's a class I like, I'll sit up front. If it's a class I'm not too interested in, or if I want to be invisible in the class (which is hard in grad seminar classes) then I will sit in the back. Usually though, we sit at a roundish table, kind of like King Arthur and his knights . I'm sure some of that "equal participation of everyone" mentality is at play here too.

Concert seating: that's easy, if it's a band I love, as up front and center as possible. If it's a band I've been dragged to see, and is at a smaller club, I like to be towards the back to make up my mind if I like them or not. If I do, I'll weedle my way up front.

Sporting events: This doesn't really matter, unless I'm watching Tennis, then I have to be as close as possible, and preferably not behind the players...not a good view of all the action.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Oh my, "Shotgun" is a pet peeve of mine. I say you want the seat, get there first, and be prepared to fight for it.
A general rule of thumb on trips also is that if you want that seat, you're responsible for directions. Meaning we pummel you if we get lost.

- Jake
Wait, are you saying you would rather have a fistfight in front of the car while you're trying to go somewhere than have someone call shotgun?! cause, usually, if people are going somewhere, they're all in the car at the same time... I have to submit the possibility that you're just mad cause you always forget to say it first
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the theaters, I love a great view of the whole screen.

In a restaurant, I love the booths. Very cozy.

In classes, I would like it close to the board.

During concerts, I would love to get floor seats again.

Sporting events... far, far away from the playing field. 'Cause I don't want my day to be ruined when a puck goes flying!

(referring to the "Death Star" laser)
Dr. Evil- "...I thought we'd name it in his honor: The Alan Parsons Project."
Scott- "The Alan Parsons Project was a progressive rock band from 1982. Why don't you just name it Operation Wang Chung?"
Old 07-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the theaters - In the midle.

In a restaurant - Somewhere with privacy and, if possible with a window with a nice view.

In classes - In the front, so I can be focused and see well to the board.

During concerts - In front.

Sporting events - No where near the field.