User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl View Post
I'm just going to post a little bit before bed, because I'm tired.

I have to say, this was the best Fleetwood Mac concert I've been to - I've been to 6, now 7..and this was the best. I've read all the reviews, seen all the pics, watched the Youtube videos. I've even complained of Stevie's lack of energy, yadayada...but when you're at the show, it's not evident at all..atleast not tonight in Atlanta!

* Sure her face shows some age and tiredness, but LaNicks was rockin! I must say the highlight of the entire show was Gold Dust Woman..she went for EVERY note, and they lasted a long time..."she's a dragggggggggonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!" "put your kingdom up for sallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!" It was all so great, and in the end of the song when she puts her cape up she was doing this really cool move, like she would go lower and lower as the drums would fade, it was truly awesome..she was really into it.
* Stand Back was also great. She had a lot of energy, the twirls were great..She changed up the lyrics and sang "she said take it all!!!!" I loved that little change.
* The crowd was really into the show. The floor pretty much stood and danced the entire night. At first I was a little worried about the capacity, because there was a lot of empty seats..but as the band took the stage everyone filed in, and it ended up being about 90% full (they did curtain off the nosebleed nosebleed small 400 level section). We had a very good group near us, we all decided before the show to stand and dance, and that was good. People were banging their tambourines (yes, I was a sucker! I bought the $40 tambourine with FMac on it, however I didn't "play" it during the show. I will leave that to Stevie Nicks!)
* "Storms" seemed exceptionally good tonight. Hard to say what exactly made it so good, but Stevie did seem to put a lot of passion into it.
* Stevie dedicated "Landslide" to a woman named Betty tonight. If I remember correctly she's done this at previous Atlanta shows as well. Stevie and Lindsey were VERY playful during Landslide. They kept making these gestures in the end, like they were looking up in the snow covered hills..and they both did the same gesture, it seemed pretty random - I don't know if they've done this at other shows, they were both getting a kick out of it though.
* One thing I noticed during Stevie's "Gypsy" story was she called "the bed on the floor" - "OUR bed" and pointed to Lindsey..lol I thought that was funny!
* During "Dreams" Stevie did the high notes on "what you hAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!" It was probably the best "Dreams" I've ever soon. And usually I'm tired of Dreams. People seemed pretty impressed with her vocals on this first Stevie-number of the night!
* I think "Say You Love Me" sounds great live. The Youtube videos just don't do it justice. Stevie seems to enjoy playing it too. She smiled a lot!
* Philips Arena security were truly CAMERA NAZIS. They even printed out all these fliers and passed them out, noting all their rules on cameras. Even cell phone cameras. I still saw a lot of people sneaking photos though, so hopefully we'll get some pics from the show!
* "Rhiannon" was actually really cool tonight. Stevie really went for the "Wellllll I don't think you do!!!!" part. She also gave us some high notes on the "will you take me with you to the SKYYYY...DREAM ON...TRY HARD.." parts.
* Of course I loved "Go Insane" It's really fun the way they are doing it on this tour, and the crowd seemed to really enjoy it.
* I saw Mick's assistant outside of the arena while we were in line. I recognized him from the MyMickTV videos. He's got ALL KINDS of gear on. Radios, cords, and everything else under the sun hanging from his belt. I'm assuming he was out there because of the AllAccess people.
* Mick introduced Lindsey as "the one who never gets to leave the stage."
* In the end, Stevie said "HOTLANTAAAAAAAAAAAA!" We thought that was cute, lol.
* Overall, I would say it was an exceptional show. The flow is really nice, there are no dull moments. Stevie seemed to be pretty energetic, and she smiled a good bit. Yeah she closes her eyes a lot, you can tell the spotlight bothers her eyes. But she truly seemed to be enjoying herself. Lindsey was his usual manic self, and really impressed the crowd. He got a HUGE standing ovation from the entire arena after "Big Love" and some other songs. Stevie's tambourine playing was pretty cool tonight, she was rockin out. Her voice was in top form. She really paid a lot of attention to the way she sounded, and went for a lot of the notes. It was also great to hear John and Mick in such fine form. The rhythm section really stands out on this tour with their more scaled back sound. Fleetwood Mac was in fine form tonight.They all really seemed to enjoy themselves..
Omgosh I loved when she screamed Hotlanta at the end!! She was so adorable and cute! I also agree I thought she had so much energy and was so fun!! She didn't seem tired at all to me, and she also sounded fantastic! Lindsey was amazing, I was so impressed several times by him! Ah it was so great! I'm glad this was my first show of there's because it was so good!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Chain

I would have recorded more video but my camera didn't charge enough and I knew I wanted to get all of Storms. Blame it on my 3 year old that wanted to play "Cheese!"

"I always return here..."
Old 04-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Gypsy

I wish I had gotten the "our bed" part on video. But maybe someone got the whole show.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rhiannon

Rhiannon was good but GDW was better. I wish I had gotten that one instead. She held those notes on GDW, plus she was hella sexy at the end with the shawl and rolling her head around with her long blonde locks in her face. HOT!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sara

This was when she had just walked over to Lindsey's mic. It was so cute cause she had to get up on her tippy toes. And of course the end is shipper heaven.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Oh Well Part 1

I loved Oh Well. Just the guys jammin' on a Peter Green tune!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Oh Well Part 2

This is the last clip I have. Maybe we will win Mega Millions and I'll just travel around with them for the rest of the tour.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGypsy View Post
Tonight was great! So if you read some of my other posts I've been freaking out over not having tickets yet, but I took a chance and waited till we got to the venue. Walked right up to the box office and got 2 2nd row aisle seats!!
Could not believe it! I've had front row several times but never gone to a show without tickets in hand.
We had one small problem though, my friend that was coming to the show that is a member of The Ledge, Storms 2-Stephanie never showed. I had bought her a 3rd row seat and she was going to pay me back and she never showed. I'm worried and pissed because I might be out of $171 if she doesn't ever get back to me. But anyways.....
The show was great!! We stood at the stage on Lindsey's side the entire night. High fives from Lindsey all night, I got a little Stevie love at the end. Sort of, I think she was telling me to be quiet during Mick's farewell speech.
Everyone was on point tonight. Lindsey ran the show for sure and Stevie was very playful. And I might add her voice was dead on.
One thing I am glad I did for this tour is not read many reviews or watch any videos. So I was pleasantly surprised to hear Go Insane in its original form. Oh Well was amazing. I really enjoyed rocking out to that one.
Gold Dust Woman was great and Stevie wailed on it as well as Stand Back. I loved how towards the end the band stopped and she counted them back in. Very cool!
Sara was heavenly.
Silver Springs was perfect. Stevie really gave her all.
I'm So Afraid was its usual orgasmic self.
And the song I was most looking forward to...Storms was everything I thought it would be. Gorgeous, heartbreaking, nostalgic, touching....
Overall, the night was magical and I'm so glad my boyfriend Larry went with me. He saw Stevie in Holmdel on the Street Angel tour and then saw FM but when Dave Mason and Bekka were with him. So I'm glad he got to see the magic between these four people.
Thank you Mick, John, Stevie and Lindsey for another unforgetable night.
Brittany
Oh and I've got video and pictures I will post tomorrow.
You will remember this night forever!!! Great post...
Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also need to give props to Mick on the drum solo. I didn't mind the electronic drum pad for SYW and I know how it is being tall and needing to stretch your legs but thanks Mick for keeping it real and staying behind the kit. Much more enjoyable this go round.

About the Hotlanta... For me personally, I think Atlanta is one of the best places to see the Mac. It's a horrid city to live in (imo) but the audiences are great. We love the Mac here in the South and plus we know how to have a good time. Also thanks to security for not trying to get everyone sit that was at the stage. I was surprised becuase we were standing up there before the lights went out.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember you ILOVEFM. I had walked past you at some point but I didn't really notice your shirt, I remember seeing your friends necklace for some reason.

Last edited by TwistedGypsy; 04-29-2009 at 11:39 AM..
Old 04-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
He sang the "Monday morning you look so fine" line to her and she gave one of those "you're silly" grins to him.
Thanks for the details. He should sing, "Monday Morning your mics not on," to her.

I will vow revenge and make John sorry, if he doesn't watch himself.

Michele
Old 04-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are 13 pictures from the Atlantic Journal Constitution

http://projects.accessatlanta.com/ga...lanta/#thbz_hm
Old 04-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great reviews. Shoot. Lindsey is back to the leather?

Ah, well. Maybe he'll dump it when he hits the northeast again. I hear you southern people have some cold weather down there. Wouldn't want the poor guy to get the shivers.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Storms sounds really good!

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 04-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Great reviews. Shoot. Lindsey is back to the leather?

Ah, well. Maybe he'll dump it when he hits the northeast again. I hear you southern people have some cold weather down there. Wouldn't want the poor guy to get the shivers.

It was 90 in Atlanta yesterday, so...lol