User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
David, that pic of Lindsey is one of the best EVER!

The looks on Lindsey and Stevie's faces in the first one...LMAO!

Thank you for posting those.
I was about to say the same thing. Lindsey looks amazing in those
Old 07-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, my mom always said I could date when I was 16 and I turned 16 in the first half of November and I got to go to the Tusk concert in Ann Arbor.

I had the Tusk album, but I didn't really know the whole Fleetwood Mac background. I didn't know who everyone was. So, that was my first time really seeing what everyone did in the band and I was impressed to say the least. I liked the Tusk songs much more than I had on the album. I wanted to see them again as soon as possible.

I also saw the Jacksons that same month. Those were the first concerts I ever saw without my mother.

Not sure what my exact problem was, but when I first played Tusk all the way through, the only songs I liked were Tusk and Sara. I'm madly in love with Think About Me and Angel now, but I remember they didn't make an impression on me those first listens and I felt my money had been wasted on the LP purchase. After seeing them in concert, I listened to the whole album with fresh ears.

I would also say that seeing the Angel interaction on stage made me think shippy things and, thus, my life was ruined very early on.

Michele
Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, my mom always said I could date when I was 16 and I turned 16 in the first half of November and I got to go to the Tusk concert in Ann Arbor.

I had the Tusk album, but I didn't really know the whole Fleetwood Mac background. I didn't know who everyone was. So, that was my first time really seeing what everyone did in the band and I was impressed to say the least. I liked the Tusk songs much more than I had on the album. I wanted to see them again as soon as possible.

I also saw the Jacksons that same month. Those were the first concerts I ever saw without my mother.

Not sure what my exact problem was, but when I first played Tusk all the way through, the only songs I liked were Tusk and Sara. I'm madly in love with Think About Me and Angel now, but I remember they didn't make an impression on me those first listens and I felt my money had been wasted on the LP purchase. After seeing them in concert, I listened to the whole album with fresh ears.

I would also say that seeing the Angel interaction on stage made me think shippy things and, thus, my life was ruined very early on.

Michele
I so envy you!!! My brother went to the Ann Arbor show.... I was only in the 6th grade and begged and pleaded to go..... my dad was even like--why don't you take your sister???? Well he took some chick instead He did buy me a jersey though........ but I sat home and sniffled for the night..... and no he isn't with this chick--nothing became of it!! LMAO!! So see he should have just taken me!!!! He did try to take some pics too but they look like little ants

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Since you're screwed already... be proud to be on the dark side
Old 07-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
We were talking about the Rumours tour in another thread about a week ago. I thought it would be cool if people could share their stories from the Tusk Tour. I know we have people here who were lucky enough to see them.

If you went, let us know all you can remember from 30 years ago! When/where did you see them? Did you like the setlist, new songs, was Stevie boring? Was Lindsey's haircut a shock? Did John McVie go crazy?

Seriously - please share whatever special moments you can remember. They are all special and it is fun to read them.
I'm an old timer here so the first time I saw them was in 78 in Atlanta at The Omni. Now....for those of you who don't remember.....back in the day, before MTV and the INTERNET and VCR's, the only thing you had was Rolling Stone, Crawdaddy and Creem to give you photos and news on your favorite bands. You would not believe what a big deal it was to get that new issue of Rolling Stone. I'll never forget going out to the mailbox and finding the Tusk issue with Stevie and Mick on the cover. Oh man, I was in heaven. Plus Stevie was showing a bit of cleavage on that cover so heaven was about to kick me out for the images that was going thru my perverted little mind ( hey, I was 19, give me a break.....come to think of it, I'm 49 and still have those thoughts......never mind). Anyway, when a band came to town, it was a major deal. I mean, you knew a couple of months before tickets went on sale. A concert was the only time you could see these people move and hear them talk. It was a major deal. So, my buddy John and I have seats waaaaaaay in the back of the Omni. Not nosebleed but we are back there, but, it doesn't matter because 1) we are there about to see Fleetwood Mac in concert and 2) we are in the same building with Stevie Nicks (if only she knew we were alive...damn). We both had binoculars that were pretty poor....mine kept going out of focus.....and I did pretty much keep my line of sight on Stevie but I did keep looking over at the guy onstage with her. Was that Lindsey?.....naw, couldn't be.....Lindsey has curly hair and a beard and this guy is clean shaven with short hair.....but he sounds like Lindsey......might be Lindsey.....but he don't look like what I was expecting him to look like. That is the thing that I remember the most when I think back to seeing Fleetwood Mac for the first time on the "not quite Rumours/almost Tusk tour". Oh, I also remember Lindsey saying they wanted to do a new song from their new album and it turned out to be, "Sisters Of The Moon". That was cool. And then when Stevie pulled her top down and started dancing.......wait.......oh sorry,, that was another one of those images that got me kicked out of heaven.....well, it was worth it....it was a good image.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittermoondust View Post
I so envy you!!! My brother went to the Ann Arbor show.... I was only in the 6th grade and begged and pleaded to go..... my dad was even like--why don't you take your sister???? Well he took some chick instead He did buy me a jersey though........ but I sat home and sniffled for the night..... and no he isn't with this chick--nothing became of it!! LMAO!! So see he should have just taken me!!!! He did try to take some pics too but they look like little ants
I was there! But it was 30 years ago, I was 18 years old, and my memory is not what it used to be........I think I had a great time!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know what the deal was with the backdrops during the Tusk tour? They were not consistent at all, I've seen pictures of them using the Rumours backdrop with the scary trees, blank curtains, random graphics, circles, etc.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 07-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How many times did they play at someone's high school talent show?
Old 07-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From Bubba Fleetwood's post: "Anyway, when a band came to town, it was a major deal. I mean, you knew a couple of months before tickets went on sale. A concert was the only time you could see these people move and hear them talk. It was a major deal."

See - this is the problem now. They never give fans enough notice for when tickets are going on sale so we have to scrabble around for the money really quickly to get good tickets! That's why touts ccan afford to buy so many at once, because your average fan hasn't had time to get the cash together.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
See - this is the problem now. They never give fans enough notice for when tickets are going on sale so we have to scrabble around for the money really quickly to get good tickets! That's why touts ccan afford to buy so many at once, because your average fan hasn't had time to get the cash together.
Four or five months notice isn't enough time to gather together some money? You people overseas got way more advanced notice than we get in the States.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The European dates were announced with 5 days to go before the first pre-sale. For the 4 or 5 months before that that you mention were spent wondering if, when and where any European dates would be. It would have been far better if the dates were announced at least a month before they went on sale.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Four or five months notice isn't enough time to gather together some money? You people overseas got way more advanced notice than we get in the States.
Oh, do I miss the old days of getting your tickets. None of this presale, fan club sale, credit card sale crap. You'd go to where ever the ticket sales were located and wait in line. Could be at the venue or at anyone of the record stores around at the time. Yes, you might wait for a few hours or even overnight but it was soooo much fun!!!!!! Somebody would be playing music. Everone would be in a good mood and talking about past concerts and telling stories or gossip. And it seemed everyone in line ended getting seats in the same area for the concert. I made alot of friend that way during those years. Oh, and that Fleetwood Mac ticket from 78? I still have it and the price was....$7.50 My ticket price for The Eagles "Long Run" tour was $12.50. Oh, the pain.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
The European dates were announced with 5 days to go before the first pre-sale. For the 4 or 5 months before that that you mention were spent wondering if, when and where any European dates would be. It would have been far better if the dates were announced at least a month before they went on sale.
Sorry. I didn't realize that is what you meant.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
Oh, do I miss the old days of getting your tickets. None of this presale, fan club sale, credit card sale crap. You'd go to where ever the ticket sales were located and wait in line. Could be at the venue or at anyone of the record stores around at the time. Yes, you might wait for a few hours or even overnight but it was soooo much fun!!!!!! Somebody would be playing music. Everone would be in a good mood and talking about past concerts and telling stories or gossip. And it seemed everyone in line ended getting seats in the same area for the concert. I made alot of friend that way during those years. Oh, and that Fleetwood Mac ticket from 78? I still have it and the price was....$7.50 My ticket price for The Eagles "Long Run" tour was $12.50. Oh, the pain.
I wish I'd been around then! It sounds great. Only ocassionally do you get gigs where you can line up for tickets now. It sucks.

Oh, and vivfox...no problem
Old 07-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
That's awesome Bubba...really....I never got to do that though I did see my first concert in '89 & that was Don Henley no less....at least prices hadn't gone through the roof yet at that time......how was the Long Run tour....?? do tell....I am an Eagles fan as well.....my first real Mac concert was Mask in '90 & my first Stevie solo was '94 for SA....plus others after that (Eagles HFO...didn't see them this last go around too high prices for me....)Mac/Stevie more solo....etc...some other artists.....anyway, thanks so much for the stories & info....did you get to see the Eagles during the Hotel California days too? do tell....Thanks....
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."