The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When he talks about cycles...this is an organic thing..organic???what is he talking about?

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 02-08-2005, 02:11 PM

I honestly can't stand listening to him talk. He's so full of **** (PR).

Healing, organic, process, cleansing, reconvening, rolling my album into tango, rolling my songs to the dance, rolling my album into SYW, lounge acts, more freedom to rock, blah blah blah blah blah

it all means, "i'm hard to get along with, buy my album"
Old 02-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

George Harrison summed up Lindsey Buckingham...

"all through the days, I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine..."
Old 02-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One of the most cringeworthy

1) From every single Dance show they did - "Well, time limits us a bit at this point, so we're going to play a few more then get out of here."

WTF? Everytime I hear him say that I cringe. Who flippin' cares? Of course, they eventually have to quit playing, it just seemed dumb to have to point it out - kind of like raining on the parade or something. Say something cool or funny - not something so blah.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB

Last edited by AliP; 02-08-2005 at 11:00 PM..
Old 02-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna
When he talks about cycles...this is an organic thing..organic???what is he talking about?
I don't know, but thats from the Dance dvd. During the reunion tour, he changed "organic" for "accidental". I liked more the "organic" word
Old 02-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
I honestly can't stand listening to him talk. He's so full of **** (PR).

Healing, organic, process, cleansing, reconvening, rolling my album into tango, rolling my songs to the dance, rolling my album into SYW, lounge acts, more freedom to rock, blah blah blah blah blah

it all means, "i'm hard to get along with, buy my album"
Add to that some more things he has said in countless interviews--'putting his emotions over in one corner of the room' when they did Rumours, how his 'solo work is like painting whereas working w/ FM is like moviemaking', how 'leaving in 1987 was a survival move both physically and emotionally', how 'working w/ the band used to be bittersweet, but now it's just sweet.'

He can be like a broken record.

-Lis
Old 02-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
'solo work is like painting whereas working w/ FM is like moviemaking'
-Lis

From June 1981's Musical Player and Listener interview:

"They've had a few years technical experience, but they can't make the connection from feeling the song to this, to this, and do it all the way a painter paints, where suddenly all the intuition takes over and you're just there doing it. "

More to the point, Creem February 1983:

"Much as he adores being in the studio, he'd much rather be there on his own — as he was for whole great hunks of Tusk — than with Stevie, Christine, John and Mick, since "making a Fleetwood Mac album is sort of like making a movie — everything is thought out on a conscious level, and then second- or third-guessed. The approach I prefer, though, is more like painting. Painters will tell you that they often begin work with one thing in mind, but that, after a while, the work leads them in a completely different direction. "It's more of a subconscious process. Working that way, I find that I experience the work a lot more intimately. Being that connected can't help but have a vitalizing effect on the music."

Didn't he say something once, twice, or 345 times about when you've got a good thing, you shouldn't run it into the ground? lol

Old 02-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Sigh....

At least he's consistent with his stories.....another FM member (no names ) is always changing her stories.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

This thread started out funny lol. But yeah, I cant watch or read interviews with just for the fact that it's repetative...

If Stevie were singing in the forest, and nobody heard her...would she still rule?

My Fleetwood Mac Photoalbum
Old 02-09-2005, 03:01 AM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:23 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenbythesky
"I've seen Stevie's show, I've seen Christine's show. To me, they both bordered on being lounge acts, simply because they were resting so heavily on Fleetwood Mac's laurels." ...Okay so maybe that isn't so much stupid, more bitchy... (I don't know if Lindsey said this in an interview or what, I found it in a book of my mother's: Bitch Bitch Bitch.)

There's also the press conference from around the time of Clinton's inauguration, one that Stevie was unable to attend. It's on the "Unbroken Chain" DVD. Lindsey is rambling on rather pointlessly. The looks Christine gives him are rather priceless, IMO.

...neither of those were onstage...
Yes he did say the lounge act remark, ugh, how snotty. Your mom's book sounds hilarious BTW.

And boy he does say some unnecessary things in the press thing for Clinton-- like he's trying to distance himself from FM as much as possible, that this was 'just a one off thing' and he'd been much happier since leaving the band and had his own solo thing going on, blah blah blah --and Chris does give him a couple of pointed looks LOL. Did he think he'd ever be invited to play on his own for the president of the US? A little decorum, please.

He's lucky he's so talented and incredibly hot, or I don't think I'd care for him much LOL.

-Lis
Old 02-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default dumb Linds

Well this isn't something he SAID onstage but something he did. During the MTV taping for the Dance, I loved when he put his hand under his chin during Stevie's emotional Landslide "moment". Then he has to wreck the spontaneaty and sweetness of that "moment" by doing it during every single Landslide performance for the first half of the tour. UGH. How annoying? He did quit doing it after awhile, thank Heavens, but the genuine, heartfelt "moment" was forever tarnished in my mind.

Lindsey seems to have a huge problem speaking candidly and unrehearsed while onstage. Whenever he tries it, he ends up stuttering, mumbling, repeating and rambling on and on with no real point. It does make him rather endearing and human though in my eyes.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 02-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
He also gets asked the same questions over and over so he gives very similar answers, unlike Miss Irrationality who has a new life story with each day.
LOL

He's always asked stupid a$$ questions over and over ad nauseum.

"So, GYOW is about Stevie, tell us that story."

"You left FM to go solo, tell us about that."

"Rumours is the only album the public cares about, tell us your feelings on that."

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! I don't blame him for rehearsing speeches.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=takenbythesky]"I've seen Stevie's show, I've seen Christine's show. To me, they both bordered on being lounge acts, simply because they were resting so heavily on Fleetwood Mac's laurels." ...Okay so maybe that isn't so much stupid, more bitchy... (I don't know if Lindsey said this in an interview or what, I found it in a book of my mother's: Bitch Bitch Bitch.)

Well that is a pretty stupid thing for him to say, seeing as he did the same thing. Look at the set list for his solo tour and there are what 8 or 9 fleetwood mac songs
Old 02-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
And boy he does say some unnecessary things in the press thing for Clinton-- like he's trying to distance himself from FM as much as possible, that this was 'just a one off thing' and he'd been much happier since leaving the band and had his own solo thing going on, blah blah blah --and Chris does give him a couple of pointed looks LOL. Did he think he'd ever be invited to play on his own for the president of the US? A little decorum, please.
I suppose looking at things in a vacuum it's easy to forget why he said those things. After all, it's not like he didn't have his arm twisted by the record company and didn't have band members laying public guilt trips on him to go to the inauguration. It's not like some of those same bandmembers hadn't given interviews to the press saying that they were much happier with him gone from the band so they could be a "real band" again. I just can't imagine why Lindsey might have said some of that stuff.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
I suppose looking at things in a vacuum it's easy to forget why he said those things. After all, it's not like he didn't have his arm twisted by the record company and didn't have band members laying public guilt trips on him to go to the inauguration. It's not like some of those same bandmembers hadn't given interviews to the press saying that they were much happier with him gone from the band so they could be a "real band" again. I just can't imagine why Lindsey might have said some of that stuff.
you are so bad
Old 02-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.