User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Because of my background auditioning dozens of people for my FM tribute band, I'm always skeptical, too. Since about 1997, I've auditioned about 25 guitarists who all told me they sounded like Lindsey, & quite frankly none of them did. Which isn't to say that Demon doesn't, but I've just heard so many claims from so many guitarists & drummers & bass players, etc., about their 'style' & whom they were able to sound like & play like, & it never quite panned out that way.
Ray Linsdey is out of a job

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B
I say post the entire 50MB file. I've downloaded larger files even via uSendit.
I agree. I'm not waiting on a chopped up come solo. I wanna hear if he can build up the same tension. For a nonguitarplayer it's not about skills or sound, I'm unaware of that. It's tension and appeal. I need the whole damn solo for that!

Old 11-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Ray Linsdey is out of a job
I've always been jealous of that man...what a job!

I've been practising the thumb-thing today, and it really is a great technigue.. I've learned to stop before the finger reaches the higher string, it's not difficult at all. The only tough thing is to keep the thumb down and keep the right pressure on the strings..

Last edited by The Nisse; 11-03-2005 at 04:46 PM..
Old 11-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nisse
Actually.. I've listened through a lot of his solos these last few days, and now I'm sure he's muting the other strings. You can hear it on 'Countdown' very clearly, he's hitting the other strings. So he must mute them.. It's also easy to hear on 'I'm So Afraid', in any live version..

You're very quick to point out that you play just like him, though I find that very hard believe. No offense.. But I've been playing for years, and I find it d*** hard to even sound remotely like him..

I dont know...maybe the way we're explaining it is hard to understand. I think you'd need to see someone play in that style to really "get it."

On the other note, I said i'd PLAYED like Lindsey. I never said I sounded like him. His tone is quite difficult to achieve. A lot of the live sound is because of the Rick Turner guitar, and the way the sound is run thru the board. His studio sound is relatively easy to re-create. Although, when I play live stuff...I have my own tone. My picking style is just like Lindsey's but I have my own sound too. As I've said before, i learned to play classical guitar 1st...so my style from the start was finger picking. Then I was introduced to Lindsey in high school and it just clicked. I realized the way I was playing could also be done in a "lead players" style.

Eventually...(!) I will get the "Come" solo I recorded in my bedroom and you can see for yourself. The fingerstyle is definitely "lindsey" all the way, but the tone is different. The sound itself is harder to achieve. Plus, he's Lindsey. No one will ever sound exactly like Lindsey but Lindsey.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:33 PM
ReFleetwoodMac
This message has been deleted by ReFleetwoodMac.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Because of my background auditioning dozens of people for my FM tribute band, I'm always skeptical, too. Since about 1997, I've auditioned about 25 guitarists who all told me they sounded like Lindsey, & quite frankly none of them did. Which isn't to say that Demon doesn't, but I've just heard so many claims from so many guitarists & drummers & bass players, etc., about their 'style' & whom they were able to sound like & play like, & it never quite panned out that way.

I sound just like me. Like me sounding like Eric Clapton. Like me sounding like Peter Green. Like me sounding like Duane Allman. Like me sounding like me.

Are you gonna answer my email sometime this decade, David?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
I sound just like me. Like me sounding like Eric Clapton. Like me sounding like Peter Green. Like me sounding like Duane Allman. Like me sounding like me.

If you sound like the ALLMAN - I swoon in your direction sir

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFleetwoodMac
Classical guitar playing and Lindsey's fingerpicking are very different. When you play Never Going Back Again, do you play in that classical style? Because if you are then all of our hopes and dreams of you playing just like Lindsey will be crushed. Crushed I tell you.

I am aware that classical playing and Lindsey's fingerpicking are different. I never said otherwise. In general, I DONT play Never Going Back Again....I CAN play it but thats not the point. Playing that song in a "classical style" doesnt even come into play. The major difference really between the two is the way the hand rests on the guitar.

What does it matter anyway? If you can play the song, and people recognize it...great. I taught myself how to play. So even in the classical vein I never played the "correct" way. I taught myself since no one in my family played, nor did I have anyone to learn from. I have never wanted to be a "Lindsey" clone. I play in the same manner but thats about it. If I had about $6000 to spend on gear, and guitars I might sound more "like" Lindsey but I do just fine on my own.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
What does it matter anyway? If you can play the song, and people recognize it...great. I taught myself how to play. So even in the classical vein I never played the "correct" way. I taught myself since no one in my family played, nor did I have anyone to learn from. I have never wanted to be a "Lindsey" clone. I play in the same manner but thats about it. If I had about $6000 to spend on gear, and guitars I might sound more "like" Lindsey but I do just fine on my own.
I think it's marvelous that we all find such joy & love & good karma in our music. More people should play music: it releases tension but it also builds tension. One could use the good-cholesterol & bad-cholesterol example: playing music releases bad tension but builds good tension.

Would you agree, Demon?

Playing music is goodnight & light & love. And sharing, we must share our goodness & light. Everybody can be healed, I believe. I seek to heal.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
You got a cold! Did you get my answer? I need to look around for the other one. I tend not to keep all the junk.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:43 AM
ReFleetwoodMac
Old 11-08-2005, 12:45 AM
ReFleetwoodMac
Old 11-08-2005, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

RFM...Here comes the Sun is great! Such a complicated song to attempt and I really like the wee surprise ending. What sort of guitar are you using? Need to go and check out Lux now....

...just did and thats very cool too Lux...pity it was over so quickly!
...I can just imagine LB sitting here listening to these wee snippets with his critical ear, stern face and nodding every once in a while..hahaha

Last edited by tuigirl; 11-08-2005 at 03:47 AM..
Old 11-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

hahhaaa.....she's a good bongo player, needs to practise her background harmonies though......seriously, I LIKE the title "Now with hippie children at her feet"...most unusual....
Old 11-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Impressive rendition of here comes the sun.
Do you have the tabs for Lindseys version, I cant find them anywhere on the internet, and im gettin really peaved with people sayin its easy just play it by ear.....I CAN'T DO IT.....
Does anyone have extensive LB tabs that they are willing to share!!

Currently Own

Old 11-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good idea, Lux. I think I shall join in on this sweet action. I shall do my best at mimicking the demon and, in turn, put on my Lindsey hat. I give you "Here Comes the Sun" as interpreted by Mr. Buckingham through the BoBo.
http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...L3BPUQ7NGG4F40
FANTASTIC BoBo !!! You play it very impressive! But also it is more obvious how brilliant Lindsey's arrangement is!!! Your "heavy part" is really Rock&Roll. Great!

Old 11-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
I am aware that classical playing and Lindsey's fingerpicking are different. I never said otherwise. In general, I DONT play Never Going Back Again....I CAN play it but thats not the point. Playing that song in a "classical style" doesnt even come into play. The major difference really between the two is the way the hand rests on the guitar.

So ehm, what are his most used studio guitars ? (tele's or strats or others)
Old 11-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, and while I'm at it, I might as well post something I've been working on. I am not very confident, but I am trying. Don't judge too harshly.
http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...31ATU16JUC6VCF
I like it. It's almost a "black guy on the porch"-traditional. Keep working on your own stuff. You've got some talent!