User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Sweetheart, just check their voting records and it all becomes clear.
Well the liberal idea of being racist is to oppose affirmative action and denounce it AS racist...
Old 10-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, good thing that Limbaugh and Coulter and Savage and all the rest never make jokes at the expense of liberals!
Yea, but their jokes are quite funny...especially Ann's jokes. And at least they are based in TRUTH. When you have someone like SteveMacD opening their trap about "Coulter never seeing a penis" it just becomes really sad. And above all it isn't funny. I will be the first to laugh at any joke if it is funny...I don't care if it is made by a liberal or conservative (why do you suppose I watch Bill Maher every week). But the fact is that most liberals wouldn't know a good joke if it hit them in the face.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Well the liberal idea of being racist is to oppose affirmative action and denounce it AS racist...
So denying minorities a law that will protect them from discrimination, and will help level the playing field for them, isn't racist?

Sounds like more twisted logic from the party that demands that our government forbids a woman from terminating a pregnancy because it's taking a life created by God, but condones capital punishment.
Apparently people in prison were not created by God?

By the way, blacks aren't the only minorities that the Republican Party constantly works to keep down. Check out how they vote regading Anti-Hate Crime bills.

I admire your loyalty to your party, but don't be fooled into thinking they're looking out for your best interests or mine.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
But the fact is that most liberals wouldn't know a good joke if it hit them in the face.
There's another Ann Coulter/penis joke right there, but I'll be a good boy.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So denying minorities a law that will protect them from discrimination, and will help level the playing field for them, isn't racist?
Affirmative action IS racist my friend. It sends a condescending message to minorities that they are not capable enough to be considered on their own merits.
Why don't you try researching it a little. Better yet, check out this wonderful organization called the Center for Individual Rights. www.cir-usa.org. They have worked at specifically dismantling affirmative action laws.

Quote:
Sounds like more twisted logic from the party that demands that our government forbids a woman from terminating a pregnancy because it's taking a life created by God, but condones capital punishment.
Apparently people in prison were not created by God?
Taking the life of a convicted murderer, and taking the life of an innocent child...are you comparing the two?

Flip the switch...they deserve it!

Quote:
By the way, blacks aren't the only minorities that the Republican Party constantly works to keep down. Check out how they vote regading Anti-Hate Crime bills.
What's your point? We will have to bring up the "Anti-Hate Crime bills" if you would like to discuss that. Maybe, just maybe, that "Anti-Hate Crime bills" aren't all they are cracked up to be?

Quote:
I admire your loyalty to your party, but don't be fooled into thinking they're looking out for your best interests or mine.
I'm loyal to TRUE conservatives. I vote republican because conservatives just happen to be affiliated with that party.

So your party is perfect and does everything in it's power to protect our civil rights? Right....
Old 10-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's another Ann Coulter/penis joke right there, but I'll be a good boy.
No by all means say it. If it is a good joke I will love it...even Ann would. But the one that was mentioned in the post above...was just down right ridiculous!.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you want to believe that republicans really do hate blacks and minorities then you are free to do so...however we will just laugh at you!
Not all of them, no. But most of the republicans I know personally do hate blacks and minorities. I could be wrong, but since you live pretty close to me, I'm willing to bet that many of the ones you know feel that way, too.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you want to believe that republicans really do hate blacks and minorities then you are free to do so...however we will just laugh at you!

Let's not forget that it was democrats saying horrible things about blacks in NOLA after Katrina, all for the sake of better attacking the president...From cannibalism to raping children...You name it the democrats will say it.
Haha..No no you're right---the REPUBLICANS are the party of the black people---riiiiighhttt.

I don't 100% agree with affirmative action either, but I know if it's not there that racist bosses will have nothing to check them ,and will totally go crazy. I guess you believe racism doesn't exist anymore huh?

Chris
Old 10-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Politics, politics, politics. . . .

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In light of your sig pic Brown Eyes I think I should add my rebuttal pic!

MY HEROES

Old 10-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Affirmative action IS racist my friend. It sends a condescending message to minorities that they are not capable enough to be considered on their own merits.
Why don't you try researching it a little. Better yet, check out this wonderful organization called the Center for Individual Rights. www.cir-usa.org. They have worked at specifically dismantling affirmative action laws.
A couple of upper-class white guys fighting against Affirmative Action. Why am I not impressed (or surprised)?

I get a kick out of their belief that "Minorities can get into college without affirmative action by attending less competitive colleges."

Well, how generous of them! "Hey, you're poor and black -- what the hell do you need to go to a good college for? You should feel lucky to go to college at all!"

Instead of asking a couple of white boys what THEY think about Affirmative Action, maybe it's better to ask African Americans... and the NAACP certainly doesn't believe that Affirmative Action is racist.

Quote:
Taking the life of a convicted murderer, and taking the life of an innocent child...are you comparing the two?

Flip the switch...they deserve it!
A life that God created, is a life that God created. Pure and simple.
Why is it that Republicans think we should get to pick and choose which lives we should save and which we should spare?
It shouldn't be one or the other -- it should pertain to ALL lives. If we're REALLY going to follow "God's Laws," then we should know that it's not OUR place to take ANY life.

Quote:
Maybe, just maybe, that "Anti-Hate Crime bills" aren't all they are cracked up to be?
Yeah, because they protect gays and give them legal recourse if someone decides to go "fag bashing." And we wouldn't want to help them out. No, what we need to do is to protect Bubba and Jim-Bob, so they can keep working on eradicating the gay scourge.

Quote:
I'm loyal to TRUE conservatives. I vote republican because conservatives just happen to be affiliated with that party.

So your party is perfect and does everything in it's power to protect our civil rights? Right....
The Democratic Party is FAR from perfect.

They back down far too often because they're afraid of alienating fence-sitting voters... but at least they don't do that whole yellow-bellied, two-faced, "I have no problems with gay people, in fact some of my best friends are gay -- but I'm certainly not EVER going to do anything to protect their civil rights" Republican spiel.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
Haha..No no you're right---the REPUBLICANS are the party of the black people---riiiiighhttt.

I don't 100% agree with affirmative action either, but I know if it's not there that racist bosses will have nothing to check them ,and will totally go crazy. I guess you believe racism doesn't exist anymore huh?

Chris
Yes it does exist...and affirmative action doesn't help the cause.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Politics, politics, politics. . . .
We get so involved sometimes do we not?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes it does exist...and affirmative action doesn't help the cause.

How so? Don't you think if college admissions were ONLY based on qualifications, that there would be NO blacks, women, or other minorities discriminated against?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
In light of your sig pic Brown Eyes I think I should add my rebuttal pic!

MY HEROES

Stevie had better watch herself with Bill "rock star" Clinton...

She looks great as usual. The pink tie...well I'm not going there.