User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Now if Dave serves as a co-write on some of Stevie and Lindsey's songs, then that sounds nice and kinda bridges the gap between the two songwriters in the band.
I hope not. He can write with Stevie because they both seemed to enjoy and it was a healthy thing for Stevie. She seemed to get plenty out of it, but Lindsey works great on his own. If it ain't broke then don't fix it. I'm not saying Lindsey shouldn't try new things but I don't know how much they would work together. They can collaborate on production and that can be the link between Stevie and Lindsey.

I want as much new music as possible before they retire but, personally, I'd not mind if Lindsey and Stevie never recorded another FM album because I just can't see where they'd meet stylistically any more without the album/EP running the risk of being bland. However, I am perfectly will to be proved wrong.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I, for one, would rather Stevie write sans-Dave for an FM album. I think even moreso than Stevie and Lindsey's styles would be different or clashing, is that the Dave/Stevie combo would be stylistically very seperated from Lindsey's.. because Stevie's stuff on her own will end up being fixed up by Lindsey anyway, but if she writes with Dave I don't see that being the case.

I actually don't think SWS (At least the live versions) and Stevie's IYD stuff are that far away from each other on the spectrum... they certainly seem to be on similar pages more than their previous solo stuff has. Hopefully that will crossover to a mac album and we can get a nice cohesive sound.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Douglas Dean
@Hirsute_Pursuit
@DaveStewart what's this about u producing an EP 4 Fleetwood Mac??? When? Do u have time in ur busy schedule? How many hrsaday do u sleep?

DaveStewart
@Hirsute_Pursuit I've no idea if I am
Looks like it might have been a bit premature? Could this be a Sheryl Crow situation all over again?
Old 07-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who do you think would win a fight between Dave and Lindsey?
Old 07-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
Who do you think would win a fight between Dave and Lindsey?
Dave. Lindsey just doesn't look like the kind of person who'd know what to do in a fight at all. Out of the five Rumours Macsters I'd say Lindsey is the least likely to win any fight.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ Yeh. Gotta say, Dave looks like he could fell a buffalo with a single fart.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well there's talk of a radio interview on the nickslive blog linked on the original post about this whole thing, so who knows?
Old 07-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Looks like it might have been a bit premature? Could this be a Sheryl Crow situation all over again?
i hope not but it almost sounds like it... i actually think it would be great if they test the waters w/ EP. at this point it doesn't sound like there's a choice between EP and LP, since the talk about new FM CD gradually changed into talk of just another FM tour in 2012. so i think the choice is probably more like EP/tour or just tour. in that case i'd love to get EP before a tour.

and Peestie - you know i'm with you on lindsey just doing his thing instead of FM, but he does seem to want to do another FM record, and will be probably touring w/ FM once his solo tour is finished anyway so we might as well get something out of it!

re dave stewart co-writing songs with lindsey - i don't see that working out, at least not to my taste. lindsey doesn't need any help, he's doing great on his own these days! but dave can co-write songs w/ stevie all he wants as far as i'm concerned (as i said before, i can listen to stevie's IYD songs, unlike her SYW songs, and more than half od IYD was co-written by dave so i have to give him credit for that). and then lindsey and dave can mash it all together and co-produce the whole thing.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think it will happen... Whether it's a full on album or not or an EP... But I think something with Dave Stewart will happen...
Old 07-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I, for one, would rather Stevie write sans-Dave for an FM album. I think even moreso than Stevie and Lindsey's styles would be different or clashing, is that the Dave/Stevie combo would be stylistically very seperated from Lindsey's.. because Stevie's stuff on her own will end up being fixed up by Lindsey anyway, but if she writes with Dave I don't see that being the case.

I actually don't think SWS (At least the live versions) and Stevie's IYD stuff are that far away from each other on the spectrum... they certainly seem to be on similar pages more than their previous solo stuff has. Hopefully that will crossover to a mac album and we can get a nice cohesive sound.
I agree with everything you said.

IAWEYS

In other news, I predict it will be EP-Tour-Maybe album? Bands such as Roxy Music have even said they may not do another album again, but a single or EP is not unrealistic. I just wish someone could explain the whole EP thing. Example: There's a singer I really like who released a four track ep in december. a 6 track ep in like may. and like two singles in between. um... why didn't she just release a 12 track album in may? Like: what is the business reasons for such a thing (actually i think she used money from the first ep to pay for the second one).

In MY opinion, EPs are best released as a theme work (e.g., Crackers International was Christmasy, ABBA-esque was abba covers, Mini was all car-themed songs, etc). Wonder what theme the Mac would devise?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 07-30-2011 at 12:58 AM..
Old 07-30-2011, 03:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
[I]

@DaveStewart
@JamieFriend12 could be ?
Oh please. Either confirm that you're doing it or shut up. Especially now that the story is out there. I have never known a band, or a solo performer like Stevie, as bad for hinting at if's, buts and maybe's, I'm sick of it and now only want confirmed news and while I do appreciate the tweets, Dave is now doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Dave likes to work quickly to Lindsey's snail pace, this could be a good thing. This is encouraging news.
I thought that too but with the length of time he's taking on Stevie's documentary and also her videos I'm starting to wonder...
Old 07-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Oh please. Either confirm that you're doing it or shut up. Especially now that the story is out there. I have never known a band, or a solo performer like Stevie, as bad for hinting at if's, buts and maybe's, I'm sick of it and now only want confirmed news and while I do appreciate the tweets, Dave is now doing the same.
Ouch "could be " is pretty much a yes though, I mean if he wasn't he'd like "no where did you hear that who is spreading these vile lies!!" or he'd just ignore the tweet. I don't think Dave is mean enough to say maybe to a plan he'd never heard about before in his life just to make fans go rabid... though maybe I'm wrong
Old 07-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My suspicion is that an EP is the way for the rest of the band to test the waters of working with Dave. I think if, when they're making this EP (if it happens), they're all completely comfortable, it'll morph from an EP and into an album, but, if they're not comfortable, they'll still release it anyway to both get a little bit of money, get back into the routine of the four of them working together, and then make an album without Dave. So, by saying it's going to be an EP, they're not over-committing to something they're not 100% confident in.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So are EPs typically released on an actual physical medium, etc or just in like a digital/mp3 format?
Old 07-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
So are EPs typically released on an actual physical medium, etc or just in like a digital/mp3 format?
My second fav artist (behind Fleetwood Mac) is Joseph Arthur, and he has released many EP's along with his LP's. Both his EP's and LP's have always been available on CD. I would expect no different from Fleetwood Mac, especially given their much older fanbase. As far as number of songs, Joseph's EP's have contained anywhere from 6-8 songs. I'd expect a Fleetwood Mac EP to easily contain 8 songs.

Like others have said, I wouldn't be surprised if this supposed EP were to morph into a full on album if everything goes smoothly. It seems like the point of Dave Stewart producing a Mac EP would be to test the waters to see if he were capable of producing Fleetwood Mac. If the experiment works, I can't see why Fleetwood Mac would throw on the brakes and just keep the project as an EP. But who knows... logic has never applied to this band.