User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Hello from Italy.

I only know that www.cduniverse.com has next December 27th as the street date.

Also Mick Fleetwood was involved in the whole matter......

Cheers,

Mario.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info, Mario! I've been checking the Amazon UK website but they have not updated the release date from the old 27 September date. Hope it's not delayed again - another 1-1/2 months is not too long a wait if we really get a lot of previously unreleased tracks.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question I saw this link...

on one of the trade sites I use, So I am not sure if this is the tracklisting for the "Live at BBC" set or a previously released set/bootleg (I need to start trading for pre-Rumours era FM to familiar myself more with the live material):

http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=235402

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Estranged4life, that track list is from the old Live at the BBC 2-disc set that's been around for a number of years. I see that Amazon US now shows the new (presumably 3-disc) At the BBC set with a release date of 12/27/04.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Estranged4life, that track list is from the old Live at the BBC 2-disc set that's been around for a number of years. I see that Amazon US now shows the new (presumably 3-disc) At the BBC set with a release date of 12/27/04.
I didnt know which it was since the listing was rather vague and I dont own the original "Live At The BBC"...

Brian j.

ps-While Amazon & CDUniverse list a Dec.27,2004 release date I couldnt find any mention of the "At The BBC" set on http://www.eil.com (A great UK based music company I recommend.)

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 11-24-2004 at 01:51 PM..
Old 12-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just checked Amazon today and they now show the release date pushed back to 1/31/05. I get the feeling that this may not be the last time the release is delayed....
Old 01-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today was supposed to be the release date but the websites I've checked show it as backordered or discontinued (Amazon UK). No mention of it on the Sanctuary website either. Wonder what's going on with this release? Will it ever see the light of day or has it been shelved?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Somebody posted this on the Fleetwood Mac Legacy message board. I'm not sure where they got this, I assume from some sort of music website or magazine.

All of the major recording companies including SONY BMG, Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, and EMI, as well as independent companies such as 5.1 Entertainment/Silverline Records, are developing DualDiscs. Among the DualDisc titles slated for release in February and March of 2005 are:

-- AC/DC, "Back in Black" -- Academy of St. Jane, "Johann Sebastian Bach: The Brandenburg Concertos" Astrud Gilberto, "Now" -- Avril Lavigne, "Under My Skin" -- Baltimore Symphony/Orchestra, "Saint Saen's Organ Symphony/Franck's Symphony in D Minor" -- Baltimore Orchestra/Houston Symphony Orchestra, "Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4" -- David Bowie, "Reality" -- Destiny's Child, "Destiny Fulfilled" -- Dishwalla, "Opaline" -- DJ Haul and Mason, "Half Baked Goods" -- Donovan, "Fairy Tale" -- Five for Fighting, "The Battle for Everything" -- Good Charlotte, The Young and the Hopeless" -- Humble Pie, "Live at the Whisky A Go-Go '69" -- Incubus, "A Crow Left of the Murder" -- Jane Monheit, "In the Sun" -- Jennifer Lopez, "Rebirth" -- John Mayer, "Heavier Things" -- Joshua Bell, "Romance Of The Violin" -- Judas Priest, "Angel of Retribution" -- Lee Ann Womack, "Greatest Hits" -- Los Lonely Boys, "Los Lonely Boys" -- Mercy Me, "Almost There" -- Miles Davis, "Kind of Blue" -- Motorhead, "Overkill" -- Omarion, "Omarion" -- Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, "Live at the BBC" -- Philharmonic Promenade Orchestra of London/Boult, "Ludwig van -- Beethoven: Symphony No.5 and Leonore Overture" -- REO Speedwagon, "Live: Plus" -- Sammy Hagar, "Hallelujah" -- Slaughter, "Then and Now" -- Stray Cats, "Rockabilly Rules" -- Switchfoot, "The Beautiful Letdown" -- Tesla, "Standing Room Only" -- The Church, "Forget Yourself" -- The 5 Browns, "Introducing The 5 Browns" -- The Pentangle, "Basket of Light" -- The Pogues, "Streams of Whiskey" -- The Searchers, "The Very Best of the Searchers" -- Toby Keith, "Shock'n Y'all" -- Todd Rundgren, "Liars" -- Train, "My Private Nation" -- Usher, "8701" -- Utah Symphony Orchestra/Abravanel, "Leroy Anderson-Fiddle Faddle" -- Utah Symphony Orchestra/Abravanel, "Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake" -- Utah Symphony Orchestra/Abravanel conducting, "Mahler - Symphony No. 6" -- Utah Symphony Orchestra/Abravanel conducting, "Brahms - Symphony No. 1" -- Utah Symphony Orchestra/Abravanel conducting, "Rachmaninov - Symphony No. 3" -- Utah Symphony Orchestra, "Jean Sibelius: Symph 1 and 4" -- Utopia, "KSAN 95 FM Live '79" -- Various Artists, "The British Are Coming" -- Various Artists Reggae Tribute to Bob Dylan, "Is It Rolling Bob?" -- Velvet Revolver, "Contraband" -- Vienna State Opera Orchestra Peter and the Wolf by Boris Karloff, -- "Serge Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf and Lt. Kije Symphonic Suite" -- Wishbone Ash, "Bare Bones" -- Yo-Yo Ma, "Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone"

I'm not exactly sure what a dual disc is, but I don't think this album has been shelved.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Dual disc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Somebody posted this on the Fleetwood Mac Legacy message board. I'm not sure where they got this, I assume from some sort of music website or magazine.

All of the major recording companies including SONY BMG, Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, and EMI, as well as independent companies such as 5.1 Entertainment/Silverline Records, are developing DualDiscs. Among the DualDisc titles slated for release in February and March of 2005 are:

I'm not exactly sure what a dual disc is, but I don't think this album has been shelved.
is the new compact discs which are playable on both sides, One side of the disc will contain regular audio tracks while the other consists of DVD-video material.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
is the new compact discs which are playable on both sides, One side of the disc will contain regular audio tracks while the other consists of DVD-video material.
Wow, that could be really exciting if it means that they might be including video material. We know there's video of the early band besides what was released on the "Early Years" collection - it would be very cool if more of this is released.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Trust me...

Quote:
Wow, that could be really exciting if it means that they might be including video material. We know there's video of the early band besides what was released on the "Early Years" collection - it would be very cool if more of this is released.
There will be video material on the DualDisc release...Which can easily be played on almost any DVD player.

I read about DualDiscs late last year and wondered why it has taken this long for those record industry 'geniuses' to figure out that this concept will sell

Old 02-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Look what I just found on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...450766-3574528
Old 02-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Thanks for the updated Amazon info. This looks like a completely different release than the 3-disc BBC set - which Amazon nows shows as being released on 10 February (a Thursday release? - that's unusual). Hope both of these actually do get released!
Old 02-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the updated Amazon info. This looks like a completely different release than the 3-disc BBC set - which Amazon nows shows as being released on 10 February (a Thursday release? - that's unusual). Hope both of these actually do get released!
I'm not sure about that February 10th release date. I have this CD on my wish list & I've been checking it regularly. They've been pushing back the release date of the 3 CD set almost on a daily basis. I'll bet it's not going to be released on February 10th. I don't know if there are actually 2 different releases. It seems a little confusing right now.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Judging by the Amazon listings, it does look like these are two separate releases - they're each on a different label. The 3-disc set is due to come out on Sanctuary, while the DualDisc is on Silverline. Still no sign of anything on the Sanctuary website so I think macfan 57 is right that this will be delayed again. Nothing on the Silverline website either but the site looks like it hasn't been updated in a couple of months or more.

I emailed both record companies this evening to see if I can find out any information from them, so if they send me any info on these releases I'll be sure to post it.