User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
And, then in December '74, I saw them again in a real concert setting at the Long Beach Arena (just across the lobby from the Center Theatre). Climax Blues Band opened. Played a great set, since I worked in a record store at the time, I bought two or three of their albums the next day. Then Fleetwood Mac came on....WOW! They played seemingly for 2-1/2 hrs. The basic set (what I call "the basic set" is what is on the bootleg Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up?)....also interspersed in the set were "Coming Home", "Station Man", "Homeward Bound", "Just Crazy Love", "Jewel Eyed Judy", "Get Like You Used To Be", "Jumping At Shadows" (w/Christine on lead vocal), "Night Watch" (Mick's African Talking Drum solo vehicle)

Not sure if this was Bob's exact "last show", but it was pretty close to being the last show of the tour.
That sounds out of this world Does anyone know if the show was recorded? I'm dying to hear it! I hate only being 16

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 06-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Interesting! I would love to have heard Station Man with this configuration. Bob Welch in his Q and A said they stopped Doing Danny songs once Danny'd left, but maybe he didn't think of Station Man or Jewel Eyed Judy as strictly Danny songs, since they're collaborations?
At the time, I didn't think about it, I was just "in the moment", but later on (like 3 or 4 years later), I was surprised that they chose those songs to do....with that and the 3 or 4 Kirwan songs that were kept or played in the 75-77 era, as well, shows the respect they had for Danny's songs. It's a shame that they didn't have that same respect for Bob Welch's material, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
That sounds out of this world Does anyone know if the show was recorded? I'm dying to hear it! I hate only being 16
I've yet to run across a bootleg of the show I attended. I've seen one from right around that time (Shrine Auditorium) when they opened for Jefferson Starship...being that they were the opening act, their set was (understandibly) quite a bit shorter than the show I saw.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Wow, you are very defensive and protective of Dave.
Only a little bit
Old 06-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My Long Beach CD has this running order:

Green Manalishi
Angel
Spare Me A Little
Sentimental Lady
Future Games
Bermuda Triangle
Why
Believe Me
Black Magic Woman
Oh Well
Cliff Davis Blues Jam
Rattlesnake Shake
Hypnotized

I also have an "official-like" CD from Luxemburg, "Bermuda Triangle" that features 8 of the above tracks. It notes that is was recorded in LA. I can't confirm if the tracks are from the same show.

There has to be more shows out there! I have 11 shows; some are not complete. But I have an insatiable need for more. Someone out there has them!
Old 06-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Just popping in to say you can blame the bleating on my sig.
Aha! The quote you had before the Granny Panties, what interview is that from? I can't think for the life of me and it's starting to annoy me

Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
My Long Beach CD has this running order:

Green Manalishi
Angel
Spare Me A Little
Sentimental Lady
Future Games
Bermuda Triangle
Why
Believe Me
Black Magic Woman
Oh Well
Cliff Davis Blues Jam
Rattlesnake Shake
Hypnotized

I also have an "official-like" CD from Luxemburg, "Bermuda Triangle" that features 8 of the above tracks. It notes that is was recorded in LA. I can't confirm if the tracks are from the same show.

There has to be more shows out there! I have 11 shows; some are not complete. But I have an insatiable need for more. Someone out there has them!
That track list is the track list from the Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up? bootleg....which was a "live in studio" recording for radio promotion. The Bermuda Triangle CD is a truncated version of that same bootleg.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I really love the '73-'74 era myself. I feel it's probably the most underrated era in the Mac timeline. The music was just so GOOD! And there was no shortage of material being released, either.

On a song by song basis, Mystery To Me has to be the highest quality album the Mac ever released. Every single song is worth it's weight in gold. What a tight, musically focused band that era was.

I adore Penguin, too. Christine has some wonderfully bopping little songs such as Remember Me, Dissatisfied, and Did You Ever Love Me. I love how Bob Welch's ethereal and metaphysical tracks are juxtaposed against Christine's far more literal ones.

Heroes is great too, in my eyes. I think perhaps my fav Christine song of all is on this one, Prove Your Love. It's such a mystical, beautiful tune. More Bob Welch buttah on this album, too!

Bob Welch is one of my very fav Macsters, and I feel he shined brightest in the '73-'74 era. He took the band in a very philosophical, existential direction during these years... cool, cool music. It was intelligent music that made you ponder the larger schemes of life.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I really love the '73-'74 era myself. I feel it's probably the most underrated era in the Mac timeline. The music was just so GOOD! And there was no shortage of material being released, either.

On a song by song basis, Mystery To Me has to be the highest quality album the Mac ever released. Every single song is worth it's weight in gold. What a tight, musically focused band that era was.

I adore Penguin, too. Christine has some wonderfully bopping little songs such as Remember Me, Dissatisfied, and Did You Ever Love Me. I love how Bob Welch's ethereal and metaphysical tracks are juxtaposed against Christine's far more literal ones.

Heroes is great too, in my eyes. I think perhaps my fav Christine song of all is on this one, Prove Your Love. It's such a mystical, beautiful tune. More Bob Welch buttah on this album, too!

Bob Welch is one of my very fav Macsters, and I feel he shined brightest in the '73-'74 era. He took the band in a very philosophical, existential direction during these years... cool, cool music. It was intelligent music that made you ponder the larger schemes of life.
I agree with so much of what you've said!! Of course, I enjoy Future Games and Bare Trees. As the years went by, Christine and Bob Welch were growing stronger musically. You could tell on each new album that they were doing more to bring out the best in each other. 'Prove Your Love' is my favorite Christine song also!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've not actually said anything constructive in here, I've just realised. I agree with Louie, too. The Welch, McVie, McVie, Fleetwood lineup is definitely my favourite.

Bob and Christine together are musical genius... genii? Anyway, they make my heart sing when they work together. I third Prove Your Love being my favourite Christine track followed by Believe Me. My favourite Bob Welch track is Emerald Eyes followed by Hypnotized.

In a morning at 8am sat on the train, there's nothing better, imo, than listening to Mystery To Me alone with my eyes closed

Old 06-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Aha! The quote you had before the Granny Panties, what interview is that from? I can't think for the life of me and it's starting to annoy me
What did I have there before?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"That's a f*cking stupid shirt you're wearing!"

Old 06-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"That's a f*cking stupid shirt you're wearing!"
It's something Ken Caillat told us that Christine might be inclined to say.

Michele
Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, the stupid f***ing shirt comment, which I thought looked hilarious underneath the sheep.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah, the stupid f***ing shirt comment, which I thought looked hilarious underneath the sheep.
She's had several different phrases underneath the sheep. My vote is to send the sheep a packing out to pasture and bring in something new.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nigelcounter.jpg (57.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He's too young to retire! Ageist.

Should he go back to insulting people's shirts? I'm pretty fond of the current one.