The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: have you ever dined and dashed??
No, never. that is so wrong 26 76.47%
yeah, i've done it once or twice...or...a bunch 5 14.71%
i did it, but it was completely on accident 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Banned

I've never dined and dashed. I forgot about a bar tab once, but it wasn't intentional.

When I was in high school, a group of us skipped school and went out for lunch. Our waitress was this horrible old woman who just gave us all the icy stare the whole time we were eating. For her tip, we spelled out "Bitch" in pennies.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
I've never dined and dashed. I forgot about a bar tab once, but it wasn't intentional.

When I was in high school, a group of us skipped school and went out for lunch. Our waitress was this horrible old woman who just gave us all the icy stare the whole time we were eating. For her tip, we spelled out "Bitch" in pennies.
LOL.

awesome.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Now that's Creative Writing! I like that. ALOT!
Old 03-25-2007, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

on the flip side I have left really good tips when my black heart has its moments.

one time in particular. I was eating at Shoney's late late at night and our waitress looked exhausted, but tried really hard to be sweet and do a good job. I saw one other waitress keep talking to her and yelling at her and stuff. she was really young. I figured out that it was the woman's daughter. I could just about see the tears in her eyes. I just couldn't imagine what all she was dealing with. so, on the bill, I wrote "stay strong" and left a $20 tip. I sat in my car when she picked it up and I saw her cover her mouth and gasp and then smile. that was one of the most priceless moments of my life. Kodakworthy.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
on the flip side I have left really good tips when my black heart has its moments.

one time in particular. I was eating at Shoney's late late at night and our waitress looked exhausted, but tried really hard to be sweet and do a good job. I saw one other waitress keep talking to her and yelling at her and stuff. she was really young. I figured out that it was the woman's daughter. I could just about see the tears in her eyes. I just couldn't imagine what all she was dealing with. so, on the bill, I wrote "stay strong" and left a $20 tip. I sat in my car when she picked it up and I saw her cover her mouth and gasp and then smile. that was one of the most priceless moments of my life. Kodakworthy.
You know....I know that we have virtually nothing in common, but I really like what you did in the above post. Thanks for posting that. I needed it.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You are awesome Jazzy!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

What a fantastic thing
Old 03-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Guilty!

.....once as a student I ended up doing this. It was terrible and I've never been able to go back to the city of Manchester since . I was 18 and visiting my girlfriend who had gone to Uni there. We went to an Italian restaurant with a group of other students. They ordered loads of food and drink and even to this day I can remember really vividly what I had. Then towards the end of the meal I noticed that some of the people with us were acting a bit strange. I got my money out as did my girlfriend, then it transpired that 4 of the other 6 didn't have any money and had no intention of paying. We couldn't afford to pay for them so....to cut a long story short we ended up running through the city of Manchester chased by Italian waiters.

But I have tried to make amends by tipping well ever since.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Matthews View Post
.....once as a student I ended up doing this. It was terrible and I've never been able to go back to the city of Manchester since . I was 18 and visiting my girlfriend who had gone to Uni there. We went to an Italian restaurant with a group of other students. They ordered loads of food and drink and even to this day I can remember really vividly what I had. Then towards the end of the meal I noticed that some of the people with us were acting a bit strange. I got my money out as did my girlfriend, then it transpired that 4 of the other 6 didn't have any money and had no intention of paying. We couldn't afford to pay for them so....to cut a long story short we ended up running through the city of Manchester chased by Italian waiters.

But I have tried to make amends by tipping well ever since.
I was a waiter for years..I am SHOCKED AND APPALLED !!!
Old 03-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

LOVE the new sig pic....
Old 03-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

and there changed her life ~
Old 03-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Awww thats so sweet!

I love when I get the old lady waitresses. They are always so nice!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You know....I know that we have virtually nothing in common, but I really like what you did in the above post. Thanks for posting that. I needed it.
I'm sure we have more in common than we know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
You are awesome Jazzy!
I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
and there changed her life ~
I know, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Awww thats so sweet!

I love when I get the old lady waitresses. They are always so nice!
I love them too. except when you get the old and bitter waitresses.

like, if Stevie had remained a waitress, that woman would be bitch on wheels. I just know it.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
like, if Stevie had remained a waitress, that woman would be bitch on wheels. I just know it.
can you imagine what would have happened if mama had been too poor for coke?
Old 03-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yep, did it on accident once. The one and only time I voluntarily visited a bar. I gave a nice tip but was so messed up that I forgot to actually pay for all the alcohol I ordered. The bartender actually followed me in his truck and asked if I'd come back and pay. I was beyond embarrassed.