Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
I know, us crazy people and our "houses"

So do you live in Boston itself or right outside? I would think living right in the city would cost a small fortune....
Right outside. No way in hell would I live directly in the city without a roommate. And I don't do roommates, so...

Old 03-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I live in a one bedroom apartment. It's one of those big old houses that was turned into way to many apartments. My stupid "kitchen" just starts at the edge of my frontroom, I hate that. But my bathroom is strangely giant, I love that. It's very long, a long hallway bathroom. I have a ton of windows, which seems neat, but really isn't that neat...in the morning, the sun shines directly into my eyes from the window across from my bed. The big house is right on a main street, but i am lucky, cause my apartment is around back and up the stairs - I am the only one that faces the tree filled hills, and I'm the only one with a tiny courtyard (with a giant tree in it), and, you have to go through two gates to get to my apartment, so people don't know it's there as much - everyone else's is basically visible from the street/sidewalk.
It's okay, kinda cute. I really, really, really, really need new carpet, though.
I am right on the Oakland/Berkely line, but it's a cute neighborhood, not too crowded, lot's of family houses and nice trees and stuff.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
And I don't do roommates
Surely it would depend on the roommate??
Old 03-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We live in a typical Canadian house, it's small, but cozy, we call it home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg house05.jpg (40.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 03-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
That's what I feel like I'm living in after all this snow.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Right outside. No way in hell would I live directly in the city without a roommate. And I don't do roommates, so...
So then what's with the other bedroom?
Old 03-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I live in a 4-bedroom 2-story house on a full basement (gotta watch out for those damn tornados here, too!). We have a 2-car garage too, which I LOVE! Our house is on 4 acres of land, which is great for me, since I have LOTS of room to plant flowers, but not so great for my husband who loathes yard work. But, hey, he's the one who grew up out here in farm county, and he's the one who chose to remain out here so....land, grass, etc. comes with the territory, bucko! We have 2 dogs and 4 cats, and since we're so spread out, they've got plenty of room to roam.

I love it here, really. It's very peaceful, and if I can just keep WallyWorld from backing a new SUPERCENTER up to my back door, it'll stay that way! Sheesh, those things are everywhere!!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I am the only one that lives in a trailer.......all by me-self. It's a two bedroom, one bathroom/laundry room, and the living room, den, kitchen, foyer, hallway, dining room is all one room. Gawd, I'm lucky.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
So then what's with the other bedroom?
$985 a month is what. Rent controlled. Who am I to kick it out of bed?

Old 03-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We live in a 2 bed rabbit hutch with a fish called Jim and a frog called Neville.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I think I am the only one that lives in a trailer.......all by me-self. It's a two bedroom, one bathroom/laundry room, and the living room, den, kitchen, foyer, hallway, dining room is all one room. Gawd, I'm lucky.
I used to be P.W.T.T. (pretty white trailer trash). When I first got married we lived in a mobile home for about 4 years before we moved into our house
Old 03-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
Naturally.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I live in a 2 story, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2500 sq ft house, on 5 acres(mow 4, 1 acre of woods). Last spring, I added 650 sq ft onto my living and family rooms(on top of each other). Living room is big(26x25) with four skylights and gas fireplace. Family room is 35x25, with pool table, big screen, gas fireplace, and an oak bar that I built this winter. Detached 2 car garage, small horse barn(no horses though), and a pool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ledge housenew7=04.jpg (61.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg ledge pool view.jpg (33.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
Right, I have a fabulous roommate, but even she gets on my nerves sometimes. However, compared to my last roommate (the SWF ) she's a complete .

We live in a 2 bedroom apartment in the city where the rent is under market because my roommate has been there for 6 1/2 years and the landlord has never raised the rent on her. It's a nice place. My room is too small and so is the living room. The LR is perfect for 2 people but we can't have guests over to watch TV or anything since we only have room for 3 seats in there. However, we have a strangely gigantic kitchen! Especially for my part of town, nothing is big here unless you are dishing out $2500 or so. So for what we pay, it's a palace. I really love the location. I just have to figure out how to live in that tiny room without making myself so crazy. It's only tiny cuz I've got a desk and a vanity in there. But there's nowhere else to put it. Diss, I wish I had an office, lucky!

Oh yeah, we have a water view (limited in living room and my room, my roommate really has the view from her bedroom, beyotch) and roof access. People who visit us love it and think we are living like princesses. I guess we sort of are. Except city life can be rough, you always park a block or 3 away. You have to lug everything up 3 flights. It is effin' loud with the drunks and the sirens. I don't feel as safe as in the 'burbs.

But I get to walk everywhere! Including home fom the clubs so i never have to worry about driving after drinking. Then again, I sort of have to walk everywhere. I can't just pull up with the car and grab groceries and park in my garage and complain about lugging them a few feet. That's what Peapod is for!

Oh yeah, we have a tiny bathroom which is fine. Someday I will move back to the burbs but I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to live here!