Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Since when is Buckingham 57?

Anyway, I'd love to buy this house but I have this rule that I'll never pay any more then 10 million for a crib
Old 04-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Now, now, already we're all fighting over Lindsey.
As long as he keeps to his recording schedule during the day he can be let out for fun and games in the evening.
How does that sound?
WooHoo! I'm legal now!
Old 04-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know much about real estate & rich folk, but isn't 21 million really high? You hear about lots of famous people's homes going for, I don't know, 5 or 10 or 11.3 million. But 21?
Old 04-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I don't know much about real estate & rich folk, but isn't 21 million really high? You hear about lots of famous people's homes going for, I don't know, 5 or 10 or 11.3 million. But 21?
It won't go for that. The only question is how much less it will sell for.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this house is special because it is 1.25 acres, is on a cliff, is in Bel Air (the most exclusive neighborhood in probably the country), is a new arch. designed house, and (perhaps most importantly) has 280-degree views from downtown Los Angeles to the Pacific Ocean. Save for malibu, which is not Bel Air, none of the houses I have read about had all of the above.

The only comp. on their site i could find was listed at $4,595,000 but it is half the size http://www.hiltonhyland.com/address.php?property_ID=236

Who knows if he will get $21 million. If he does, great for him

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 04-14-2005 at 11:02 AM..
Old 04-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My question is why would he build this house, oversee its construction so carefully, just to turn around and sell it two years later? I find that strange. Does anyone know why he is selling the house?

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 04-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
My question is why would he build this house, oversee its construction so carefully, just to turn around and sell it two years later? I find that strange. Does anyone know why he is selling the house?

I am not saying he did not do these things. I do not know that. I do know though that many magazines puff by making up stuff like that. It could very well be that they built the house and put it in the mag. with the intention of selling it. I mean with all due respect to LB, he hardly is the well known tyoe of artist that makes the covers of these king of mags. For example, Rod Stewart, Babs, Travolta, etc. all recently made the cover of AD. But, maybe his designer and/or architect are well known an campaigned for it. That ususally is the way it works. Personally, from the limited amount I know of LB, he hardly strikes me as the kind of person who would openly request his house to be published. But, in the end, who knows.

In any event - I hope they get their asking price

Old 04-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77

I don't know. It doesn't sound like him at all. I think that he loved that property and I doubt that he would want to sell it. I think that a lot of things are going on but I really don't know. I guess that we will just have to wait and see.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwriter
From Wall Street Journal Online

April 8, 2005

Say You Will... Buy

Musician Lindsey Buckingham , who sang and played guitar with the band Fleetwood Mac, has put his Los Angeles property on the market for $21.5 million. Mr. Buckingham, 57, supervised the three-year construction of this house, completed in 2002 and inspired by the architect Wallace Neff. Mr. Neff catered to the old Hollywood elite, and his designs often emphasize wrought-iron balconies and terra-cotta floors. The 10,000-square-foot house with five bedrooms and six bathrooms sits on 1.25 acres in the Bel-Air estate enclave of Los Angeles. The property also has a swimming pool and a recording studio used by Mr. Buckingham. He didn't return calls seeking comment. Mark Wollman of Hilton & Hyland in Beverly Hills, has the listing.
I thought he was 55?
Old 04-15-2005, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I am not saying he did not do these things. I do not know that. I do know though that many magazines puff by making up stuff like that. It could very well be that they built the house and put it in the mag. with the intention of selling it. I mean with all due respect to LB, he hardly is the well known tyoe of artist that makes the covers of these king of mags. For example, Rod Stewart, Babs, Travolta, etc. all recently made the cover of AD. But, maybe his designer and/or architect are well known an campaigned for it. That ususally is the way it works. Personally, from the limited amount I know of LB, he hardly strikes me as the kind of person who would openly request his house to be published. But, in the end, who knows.

In any event - I hope they get their asking price
I always thought this house was built to sell. It looks nothing like a place to raise kids. I agree about the mag. Free advertising. LB would not want his real home spread out on the pages of a magazine.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default house..

There was a house there already before they decided to rebuild. Why not sell that? A home that he had paid into for twenty plus years and would stand to MAKE alot of money on. The cost of demolition, construction, furnishing and maintaining this place while living in another house, will affect the bottom line. Even if he sells it for say, 15 Million, a lot of money was put into the house, how much would he really make? He probably would have made more selling it five years ago with all the equity he had paid in over the past two decades. (assuming he paid the mortgage and did not have much debt) I know nothing about the guys finances, I am just thinking out loud.

I assumed he was ok with having the house in a magazine because he knew the kids would not be living there anymore.
At the time of that shoot, he 'was' going to sell it.

I really do not have any idea why he is selling but the theory that this custom designed place was built originally with the INTENT to sell makes no sense to me. It appears that alot of time, money and effort was put into the place to make it just right. A studio was built. The area was one they loved, LB said "location wise we could not do any better". In that CA interview LB says that they did look for other homes and could not find anything as good as what they had, therefore they decided to build a place to raise the kids. So much effort was put into making it just what they wanted. The imported bricks for his studio? Why pay to import bricks if you know a few years from now the "studio" will be some maid's living quarters? It is possible that they always wanted to sell it but I am skeptical. I thought Lindsey loved Beverly Hills too and would want to raise his kids there.
Whatever the reason, the house is beautiful. I love the views and grounds. Not a fan of the furnishings but the house is breaktaking. My favorite photos are the ones at night where the fountain is lit up as well as the pool and grounds. It is really a stunning estate.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 04-15-2005, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know many rumors abound, but I just do not think LB is hurting for cash. I know OOTC was a self-professed money drain and he probably lost money on SYW/GOS because according to him, he produced too many songs and he ate or was willing to eat the cost of the 18 (24) song CD and that CD did not really sell comparatively well. I also think that although they eventually made money on the SYW tour, it and the record were not the money maker they thought it would be. But, The Dance and subsequent tour certainly made buckets of money and, as producer of SYW, wouldn't he have made more than the rest a la Rumors and La Nicks' quote about the producer getting paid first, LB having a lot of money because of that, etc.

Having said that and realizing this is all speculation, maybe that 10 or so million dollar house was in his mind biting of more than he could chew when SYW was not the money maker he thought. Of course, he could have a million other reasons we will never know about.

In the end, I wish them luck in whatever house they live in. I do think, however, it is odd that they chose to sell that house when I certainly would not have done so. Thus, I like respectful, which all of this has been, speculation as to why they are selling it.

Old 04-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Now, now, already we're all fighting over Lindsey.
As long as he keeps to his recording schedule during the day he can be let out for fun and games in the evening.
How does that sound?
*lol* I thought me and my friends were the ONLY ONES who had these sorts of conversations about Mr Buckingham ... maybe not...!!

Good point, count me in!!
Old 04-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default sold?

Well, according to the realtors site..the sale of his house is now pending. I am not sure if I should post a link here although the site is accessible to anyone..sooo

I hope Linds got his asking price/

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 04-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Well, according to the realtors site..the sale of his house is now pending. I am not sure if I should post a link here although the site is accessible to anyone..sooo

I hope Linds got his asking price/
Congrats if he did...that's one big chunk of change It had been featured on Christie's Great Estates (yes, that Christie's) so anything is possible