User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I'm pretty sure the set list was the same as other cities - except for the encore songs. SMAP and SYHA were both after GYOW.
And at what point did he play Shut Us Down?

Old 01-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Gerald...

He is playing SUD...at the VERY end. Yeah, the setlist has been the same with changes towards the end of the show...like after Show You How. Sometimes, you get SMAP, sometimes not...like in Houston. SYHA sometimes, then last night, Turn It On, instead of that. He used to end with BTLH, now, it's SUD.

VIVA VARIETY!!!

I cannot frickin' WAIT until tonight's show...with the DVD thing. Unfortunately, it's friggin' freezing here, windy and cloudy. Please, GOD, do not let it rain tonight!!

I need to figure out what to wear!!!! LOL
Old 01-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!!!
Why is Lindsey torturing me so by not playing the UK
Old 01-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!!!
Why is Lindsey torturing me so by not playing the UK
yeah. this is getting very painful.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
yeah. this is getting very painful.
Let's sue Lindsey for mental anguish caused by a lack of a European tour.
Our compensation will be a private show where he plays not only Shut Us Down and Turn It On but also all the cool Tusk, Law & Order and Go Insane tracks he omitted from this tour
Old 01-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So since he started his tour in October he has done all the following just as rarities and requests from the usual set?...

Save Me a Place
Bleed to Love Her
Down on Rodeo
Bwana
Johnny Stew (7 seconds of it at least)
Shut us Down
Turn it On
Murrow (dropped right?)

Again, Christy I'm very curious...was Turn it On just with Lindsey or with the full band?
Old 01-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
So since he started his tour in October he has done all the following just as rarities and requests from the usual set?...

Save Me a Place
Bleed to Love Her
Down on Rodeo
Bwana
Johnny Stew (7 seconds of it at least)
Shut us Down
Turn it On
Murrow (dropped right?)

Again, Christy I'm very curious...was Turn it On just with Lindsey or with the full band?
and steal your heart away and shut us down.

Turn it on is done by Lindsey alone. I'm very curious about that arrangement.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
and steal your heart away and shut us down.

Turn it on is done by Lindsey alone. I'm very curious about that arrangement.
Aww, I hope he adds the band. Turn it on is a song that just needs to rock. Im not saying that its bad, its still my favorite OOTC song, but that would work great instead of IKINW.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Let's sue Lindsey for mental anguish caused by a lack of a European tour.
Our compensation will be a private show where he plays not only Shut Us Down and Turn It On but also all the cool Tusk, Law & Order and Go Insane tracks he omitted from this tour

Yeah, Johnny Stew, Mary Lee Jones, The Ledge. Walk a Thin Line, WMYTYTO, Loving Cup, Wrong, Play In The Rain, Given Thing, Shuffle Riff.

That's enough for me.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

turn it on was with the full band...kinda sloppy, like they just learned it yesterday...but cool nonetheless...
Old 01-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default I'm sorry!!

It was totally with the band...he did it again tonight (looking down at the words and all. Heh). For some reason, I was thinking it was acoustic.

Just got home from Fort Worth and OMFRICKIN'G!!!!!! I GOT MY PIC WITH LINDSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More to come in a few....
Old 01-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
It was totally with the band...he did it again tonight (looking down at the words and all. Heh). For some reason, I was thinking it was acoustic.

Just got home from Fort Worth and OMFRICKIN'G!!!!!! I GOT MY PIC WITH LINDSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More to come in a few....
Thats soooooo awesome. Thanks so much.

I am SO pumped he is doing that song!!! I hope someone has grapped a little preview of it for us.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hello all---

I thought I'd share some thoughts on Friday's Houston show. Before I get started, though, for anyone who wants to be surprised, there will probably be some SPOILERS below.

Okay, first, here's the set list in case there were any doubts about what he
played:

Not Too Late [solo]
Trouble [solo]
Never Going Back Again [solo]
Second Hand News
Cast Away Dreams
Red Rover
It Was You
Big Love [solo]
[poem]/Go Insane [solo]
Under the Skin
World Turning/drum solo
I'm So Afraid
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Tusk
Go Your Own Way
Holiday Road
Show You How
Turn It On
Shut Us Down [solo]

Let me first say that, as this was my first time to see Lindsey live, I think it was simply amazing. As a guitarist and songwriter, it was amazing being just a few rows from the stage and seeing how he plays some of the songs.

He played with a lot of energy, and it was obvious that, as the crowd's energy grew over the course of the night, Lindsey fed off the crowd and his own energy level grew.

Regarding the set, I hadn't checked any of the posted set lists, so I didn't realize that it was, for the most part, the same set he's been playing for the whole tour with the exception of the last two songs. Having checked the other set lists now, I have to say that I'm disappointed that he so rarely changes the set list, but then, I guess I should be happy that he changed two songs.

My favorites were "Trouble," "Second Hand News," "Cast Away Dreams," "Under the Skin," I Know I'm Not Wrong," "Holiday Road," and "Turn It On."

"I'm So Afraid" got a slightly different arrangement than the FM version, with Neale's guitar providing a moody atmosphere in place of the keyboards in the Mac version. Still, I couldn't help thinking that Lindsey has played this song at virtually every show he's played since 1997. If nothing else, I'd have liked him to swap it for "Tango in the Night" or one of the other similar type songs.

Similarly, "Big Love," "Go Insane," "Tusk," and "Go Your Own Way" were predictable inclusions in the set. I guess he probably couldn't get away with NOT doing the last two.

The only song I was truly disappointed to hear was "Red Rover." I never liked it on GIFT OF SCREWS, and I still don't like it. Lindsey is one of my favorite musicians, but this is one of the few of his songs that I think is lesser compared to the rest of his work.

Really, though, my only real complaint about the set was the order. Ideally, you want to start low, build the energy a little bit, bring it back down a little, then build again through the end of the show. I understand his reasoning with beginning with "Not Too Late," because it sets the tone for both the album and the show. "Trouble" and "Never Going Back Again" brought the energy level up a bit, and "Second Hand News" really got the energy going. The energy sustained through "World Turning," but the song's extended drum solo, which ended with Brett Tuggle playing a bunch of samples of Lindsey's lead vocal, seemed to go on a little too long.

The energy picked back up with "I Know I'm Not Wrong" and continued through "Holiday Road," but at the end of that song, Lindsey and the band broke into a barking exchange [mocking the dog barks at the end of the recorded version of the song], and it seemed to leave the crowd a little bewildered. Lindsey even commented about whether they had more or less dignity left after it, but, regardless, it ruined the energy. When "Holiday Road" began, the whole crowded jumped to its feet.

Lindsey then introduced the band, commenting that Taku is his new favorite drummer and that Neale is his sounding board for ideas, etc. He spoke highly of Brett, too, who returned the favor by introducing their boss.

"Turn It On" was the one real surprise of the night for me, but it seemed a little unrehearsed to me...like they weren't sure how to end it. Still, it was great to hear.

Finally, the band, as expected, was top-notch. I'm not sure why, but for some reason, I thought it would be just Lindsey, Neale, and Taku. I didn't
realize Brett Tuggle would be there, and his presence [on rhythm guitar, keyboards, bass, and backing vocals] really filled out the sound. There was actually very little interaction between Lindsey and the band or between the band members themselves. The interaction got a little better starting at the halfway mark, with Brett and Neale making eye contact or grinning at each other every once in a while. A couple of times, Lindsey ended a song by stomping over to the drum riser. Otherwise, except for Lindsey, the other musicians stuck to their respective areas of the stage. In fact, until "I Know I'm Not Wrong," the other band members were sitting down. I assume this was a conscious decision on Lindsey's part to convey the "living room" mood of the album.

All in all, it was a very good show, and I'm certainly glad I finally saw him. The only other thing I'd add is that, for most of the show, a guy who was sitting at about row 3 or 5 kept holding up a sign asking for Lindsey's guitar pick. At one point, Lindsey was playing a solo close to the edge of the stage, and he squinted to read the sign, sort of smirked, and shook his head a little. Most of you probably know this, but for those who don't, Lindsey doesn't use guitar picks!

mattl
Old 01-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
The only other thing I'd add is that, for most of the show, a guy who was sitting at about row 3 or 5 kept holding up a sign asking for Lindsey's guitar pick. At one point, Lindsey was playing a solo close to the edge of the stage, and he squinted to read the sign, sort of smirked, and shook his head a little. Most of you probably know this, but for those who don't, Lindsey doesn't use guitar picks!
He does for Cast Away Dreams and Under the Skin. It's probably a stretch to think this guy was that on top of things, but he could have been asking for the pick he knew Lindsey would use on those songs.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Pics!!

Here are the few pics I took in Houston. Sorry they aren't all that great..except for that closeup one. I was shaking like a leaf. LOL The fourth one is really cool I think, though. I love his body pose in that one.