The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hated bikini chic. Yeah, she was hot, but she's the kind of person who uses only their looks to get anywhere in life. She could not sing well enough to be on that show.

I kind of liked the new judge, Kara. Now hopefully Paula won't get ganged up on as much, although it made for good TV.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^ Really? You liked bikini girl's karaoke impersonation of Mariah but not the Barracuda chick? Huh.
I don't think I mentioned her singing in my recap. I just liked that she treated the show in the manner it deserves. And she reminds me of Megan from Rock of Love, who I adore. That's all.

But the Barracuda chick was awful in every respect.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought she was really disrespectful to Kara. Agree to disagree fine, but to call a judge a bitch is uncalled for IMO. I'd feel the same way if someone called Randy a fat pig, or Simon a piece of ****. These people are there to be honest & HELP you. Kara wasn't rude, just honest & telling Bikini what she felt was missing from her performance. Bikini got defensive.

And I thought Barracuda chick was a bit off at first, but pulled it together after the 2nd line & was fantastic.

Megan from RoL is a trashy classless bimbo - not that any of those broads have much class (that show is a guilty pleasure of ours.) But she's particularly icky. Kicking people in the stomach, showing up for a reunion/interview show bombed off her ass - she makes herself look like an assh*le.

Hey - I just realized - do you have a thing for chicks who go on reality shows in their bikini?
Old 01-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I thought she was really disrespectful to Kara. Agree to disagree fine, but to call a judge a bitch is uncalled for IMO. I'd feel the same way if someone called Randy a fat pig, or Simon a piece of ****. These people are there to be honest & HELP you. Kara wasn't rude, just honest & telling Bikini what she felt was missing from her performance. Bikini got defensive.

And I thought Barracuda chick was a bit off at first, but pulled it together after the 2nd line & was fantastic.

Megan from RoL is a trashy classless bimbo - not that any of those broads have much class (that show is a guilty pleasure of ours.) But she's particularly icky. Kicking people in the stomach, showing up for a reunion/interview show bombed off her ass - she makes herself look like an assh*le.

Hey - I just realized - do you have a thing for chicks who go on reality shows in their bikini?
I ain't ag'in it!

As for Megan from RoL, I love the people on this board too much to get into that argument. But I do love her and I do take her side in all of the conflicts you described above.

As for Kara & the judges, I just don't view them with any respect, so I'm fine with people disrespecting them. Now, Bikini Girl isn't privvy to what Kara said about her Number 1 Fan, but that proved to me that Kara is a horrible person. To me, for how I personally watch this show, I feel that Bikini Girl was making a mockery of the show and thus standing up for all those exploited by it. And for that: I salute her.

Meanwhile, Barracuda chick, for me, for what I like in people, seemed both, in terms of her singing, unappealing (for me) and, in terms of her personality, (for me) repulsive. But that's just me.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist over "Bikini." She was clearly allowed to enter the competition because she will stir the pot and create the drama that the show needs desperately. It was obvious that she had this tiny little voice that could not stay in the same key for longer than three seconds. That being said, I thought all of the kids auditioning last night were dreadful. No soul. No personality. No depth. Just a lot of deluded dreamers, posers, wannabes and hacks. If I go to hell in the afterlife, surely they will be playing a continuous soundtrack of former AI contestants in shuffle mode.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love that a real hit-making powerhouse - and actual singer - such as Kara Dioguardi has joined the judging panel. I'm actually interested to hear her comments moreso than Simon's.

Have we once heard Paula Abdul sing live, even though that is what she is judging? I think Kara will be able to better communicate her remarks by singing.

She is a songwriter, musician, and producer who continues to turn our hit after hit. Just over the past three or four years, her credits include songwriting and production work on recent albums by Pink, Leona Lewis, Carrie Underwood, Britney Spears, Faith Hill, Celine Dion, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aquilera, Gwen Stefani and Anastacia.

Randy Jackson's background is mainly as a session musician and musical director for live tours. He's not a songwriter. His only album release bombed - hard.

Kara Dioguardi also has a several connections to Stevie:

Kara Dioguardi was one half of Platinum Weird with Eurthymic Dave Stewart.

Stevie appeared in the faux documentary recalling the band's mysterious past.

In a 2005 interview, DioGuardi explained that she and Stewart were asked to write songs for The Pussycat Dolls in 2004. Instead, the pair ended up with material that DioGuardi described as resembling Fleetwood Mac. Although the collaboration did not produce the intended Pussycat Dolls songs, Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine encouraged the continuation of the project, and longtime DioGuardi partner John Shanks was brought in for album production duties.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

American Idol actually starts tonight for us, so wer'e a little behind....I wouldn't fret over a new judge, (it's just Simons way of adding drama to everything!)
We got a new fourth judge on X factor this year( wev'e had 4 for a while now) and she is BRILLIANT..(absolutely love her)
If your'e up for a couple of laughs and got 5 mins to watch, then check her out

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6MtFNh...eature=related

Last edited by tuigirl; 01-15-2009 at 01:22 AM..
Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The whole recap is amusing, here's just the Stevie bit:

Next up is Stevie Wright, a plain-Jane 16-year-old named after Stevie Nicks. And suddenly I realize just what this show has been missing all these years--more Stevie Nicks. I can't even remember anyone covering "Landslide" on this show, let alone her countless other, better singles. And how about the rest of Fleetwood Mac? Stevie W. makes it through, and I'm left sensing a Fleetwood Mac Songbook this season.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/...can_idol_p.php
Old 01-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

gosh, you know, I've never actually watched a whole episode of Idol auditions before (and I suspect, I may not again in this season either) but we did catch the last couple of Live shows last year.....it sure is different fron our own Xfactor!
I'm guessing it's been fun in the past, but purely on my observation on show 1, it seems very "clinical". I don't know if it's the Brits ability to laugh at themselves at being totally sillyor what, or whether everyone in the States is terribly serious, but it was a strange one to watch.Am I wrong in thinking the panel are all a bit kinda "frosty"? Even Simon wasn't who we normally see...Mind you, wev'e just seen the best Xfactor ever ( thanks mainly due to Cheryl coming across as the most lovliest down to earth person) I'm guessing Simon was hoping for more of the same.Maybe as time goes on, it'll warm through and the panel will have a real laugh together.Liked that blonde girl Deanna and Cody was cool, despite his dark side...think we might wait for the live shows and hope in the meantime, Simon picks himself up a bit.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn't choose a standout from last night, so here are the:

Performers that I (especially) liked:

Jamar Rogers - I thought his "California Dreamin'" was the best audition of the night; a funky take on one of the greatest songs of all time.

Casey Carlson - She sang 1000 Miles better than the original (not hard) and she's cute and fun.

Von Smith - He sang "Over the Top" and it was insane and phlegmy. He'll bring some fun and unpredictability to the show. AND his mom was the sweetest thing ever.

India Morrison - She's got more pep than talent, but she seems really industrious and her rapport with big sister Asia was priceless.

Dennis Brigham - Simon's "dream queen" was very very very very very entertaining.

Did not make it but SHOULD have:

Andrew Lang - This season's first-round rejects are already forming quite a notable group of entertaining, quirky, MUSICAL individuals. Andrew Lang (apparently my twin, according to friends, coworkers, and my MOM???) really did a clever rendition of "My Girl" -- much more fun than music teacher Danny Gokey's by-the-books rendition of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine". . . He wuz robbed.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
The whole recap is amusing, here's just the Stevie bit:

Next up is Stevie Wright, a plain-Jane 16-year-old named after Stevie Nicks. And suddenly I realize just what this show has been missing all these years--more Stevie Nicks. I can't even remember anyone covering "Landslide" on this show, let alone her countless other, better singles. And how about the rest of Fleetwood Mac? Stevie W. makes it through, and I'm left sensing a Fleetwood Mac Songbook this season.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/...can_idol_p.php

Yes, the two Stevies may meet after all . . .

Fleetwood Mac is taking it's ONLY break during the upcoming MONTHS-long tour during these Idol weeks:

Tuesday, March 31 Top 9
Tuesday, April 7 Top 8
Tuesday, April 14 Top 7

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEVIE WRIGHT (contestant): [Finishes singing "Landslide"]

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM: I just don't think it has the right sound to it. It didn't reaffirm my faith in cycles.

STEVIE NICKS: Well, I don't think you could say that to Bob Dylan!

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 01-16-2009 at 11:45 AM..
Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One girl (the diagram girl) said she sung from "the wrong rectum".

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 01-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
One girl (the diagram girl) said she sung from "the wrong rectum".

LMAOOoooooo ~... I saw her... she was a nut-case, and could not even speak... that was funny when she said she sang from the wrong rectum... LMmmmrectumooo!!!

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 01-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Alright, did any of you all catch the name of the guy tonight who kind of beatboxed and hummed? I'm hoping we can find that somewhere online and post it.... I about pissed my pants!!! Yall know who I'm talking about?
Old 01-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Alright, did any of you all catch the name of the guy tonight who kind of beatboxed and hummed? I'm hoping we can find that somewhere online and post it.... I about pissed my pants!!! Yall know who I'm talking about?
Yeah, that young kid. I forget what his name was though.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."