The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh I really really do wanna believe! I would love for a remastered Mirage! That was the first FM album I got!
Old 08-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy View Post
Oh I really really do wanna believe! I would love for a remastered Mirage! That was the first FM album I got!
I don't know why I don't own it yet lol! I am listening to it on YT right now, remembering all the songs that I had kind of forgotten about. Hopefully they will remaster it sometime in the future.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It only took years to pump it out after the few other remasters we have. Now we just need the rest of the back catalogue. Well, Lindsey/Stevie era I guess.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This does need to be done & not another Rumours /we need the rest of the catalog as well as the offical videos/same for the Mirage DVD with extras.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 08-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy View Post
Yes, and besides, more than any recording in FM's catalog "Mirage" is the most in desperate need of a remaster. The sonics from the original transfer to digital are really compressed & dull. It begs for more dynamics and overall refreshing. "Mirage" is such a bright, clean and uncluttered record sonically that its unfortunate that never transferred to CD.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

If Fleetwood Mac releases a new studio album in the future that would provide the only chance for Mirage and Tango of being remastered. A new album would most undoubtedly bolster back catalogue sales as well prompting greedy Warner to do something. Much the same they did after Say You Will was released with FM and Rumours.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

After hearing the demos/outtakes from Mirage, I'm so disappointed that If You Were My Love and Smile At You were not included. I believe they would have been more suitable than That's Alright. Had those songs been included, Mirage would have been a great album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And Christine is gonna record 3 new tracks for it....
In your dreams...

Old 08-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I don't know why Fleetwood Mac doesn't remaster their old videos like Gypsy and Big Love. They were huge hits and remastered, widescreen versions of those videos could bring back some play for them... then a remaster of Mirage and Tango would be more than warranted.
That's a cool idea, about the videos.

About the CDs.. I feel the moment for CDs has passed, from a commercial point of view. In these days when stores like Tower Records, Virgin, and others have dissapeared, and those who still survive look like ghost towns or choice to sell used CDs, maybe this is not a good idea. On the other hand, as a fan, I would be delighted. Specially because the Mirage CD sound sucks.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisevian View Post
After hearing the demos/outtakes from Mirage, I'm so disappointed that If You Were My Love and Smile At You were not included. I believe they would have been more suitable than That's Alright. Had those songs been included, Mirage would have been a great album.

In your dreams...

You got that right!!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default MIRAGE outtakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisevian View Post
So...not being familiar with FM bootlegs, where could a person find these songs? Are they available online? And what other outtakes or demos from the MIRAGE sessions are known?

Of course, should these rumors of a MIRAGE remaster with bonus tracks come true, I would gladly buy the official version.

I've always thought that MIRAGE was underrated. I was listening to "Hold Me" the other day, and it really is a fantastic pop song. The two-part harmony on the verses by Christine and Lindsey is sublime, and the chorus has a great Brian Wilson-inspired vocal arrangement [far from Christine's chorus on the demo I've heard on YouTube].

Thanks,
mattl
Old 09-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
So...not being familiar with FM bootlegs, where could a person find these songs? Are they available online? And what other outtakes or demos from the MIRAGE sessions are known?
I find stuff on Youtube all the time.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Matt, I believe some of them are on YouTube and there may be some available through the Buckingham Nicks website. The Seven Wonders message board has fans who share audio files but one must be a supporting member to do so. As for the other Mirage demos/outtakes that are known, I can't answer that question but there are probably websites from avid collectors who have detailed lists.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Ledgie

im sure this link is allowed, i found this without needing a sign up, so i imagine its not a private wesbite

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90...ns-101500.html

the links appear to still be working too- so your in luck!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interview with Summer Camp's Jeremy Warmsley by Bowlegs Music
http://www.bowlegsmusic.com/2011/11/...amp-call-back/

Bowlegs: Which album has been a major influence in your life, and why?

Jeremy: Fleetwood Mac’s Mirage. We found this on 12″ in a charity shop. It’s not very well known for some reason, but it sounds amazing to us. As good as Rumours and loads better than Tango In The Night. There’s a song on it called Only Over You which is absolutely essential listening.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Jeremy: Fleetwood Mac’s Mirage. We found this on 12″ in a charity shop. It’s not very well known for some reason, but it sounds amazing to us. As good as Rumours and loads better than Tango In The Night.
Absolutely agree with this. I might have to check these guys out.