Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will's very concerned with his hair. Michele
Old 01-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't like his interpretation of "save me" in Gone Too Far. He says, it's like "save the memory of me," preserve my essence, but I like thinking it means rescue me, spare me. Help me.

Michele
Old 01-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
so should we read any meaning into the timing of this video being released?
Better late than never?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He talked about Process of Illumination, but most of the other songs on the album are about what happens when people are forced to tell the truth as well. When it is exposed. The album seems to be about the fallout. The disillusion and shock.

Michele
But he did say someone might have been coerced into telling the truth.

Oh, I enjoyed the explanations but it's still mostly Lindsey-speak. Great stuff! I have to say I love that he said "knee-jerk".

Quote:
Will's very concerned with his hair. Michele
Old 01-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

But he did say someone might have been coerced into telling the truth.
Did you notice that he said that there was very little that could get him to walk away from what he has? You'd think, at this point in his life, he'd say there was NOTHING that could make him leave, but there is just "very little." Wonder how little it is.

Michele
Old 01-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did you notice that he said that there was very little that could get him to walk away from what he has? You'd think, at this point in his life, he'd say there was NOTHING that could make him leave, but there is just "very little." Wonder how little it is.

Michele
Indeed. I thought he was a bit self-righteous there. Reminds me of his "I watched a lot of my friends" speech - how all of his friends screwed up with their kids and he's bigger than that. Seriously, why does he think he's so different than other people who have good intentions when they start a family and then life just happens and everything gets messed up? Don't ride too high on that pony...
Old 01-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Indeed. I thought he was a bit self-righteous there. Reminds me of his "I watched a lot of my friends" speech - how all of his friends screwed up with their kids and he's bigger than that. Seriously, why does he think he's so different than other people who have good intentions when they start a family and then life just happens and everything gets messed up? Don't ride too high on that pony...
Then again, a lot of those friends (or at least peers) never tried to be good fathers in the first place. I'm not talking about Mick F. I'm thinking of things I've read about people like David Crosby or Warren Zevon. I was reading one book on Crosby where they said even Mick Jagger was concerned about Crosby's kids and was trying to get someone to take care of them. That really made me laugh, when you're so bad off that you're bringing out Jagger's maternal streak . . .

Michele
Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then again, a lot of those friends (or at least peers) never tried to be good fathers in the first place. I'm not talking about Mick F. I'm thinking of things I've read about people like David Crosby or Warren Zevon. I was reading one book on Crosby where they said even Mick Jagger was concerned about Crosby's kids and was trying to get someone to take care of them. That really made me laugh, when you're so bad off that you're bringing out Jagger's maternal streak . . .

Michele
Oh wow! Yeah that's pretty bad.

But, I'm not really talking about the situations you're in control of. I mean - what if your mate decides they want out or you just wake up one day and discover you have nothing in common but your kids. As much as you want to believe that you are in a committed relationship forever, tomorrow something could happen that could change everything and end up just proving you wrong.

Last edited by CADreaming; 01-10-2012 at 09:03 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
things are never absolute. i thought what he said meant you need to work on relationships and it's never ideal but what you have is so much that it's worth working through any problems and not giving up - he does say this when describing songs that seem to talk about problems.

again, as i attempted to bring up in the other thread, i really think that TTWTLG is more about his current relationship than any of the other songs he says are about his wife. even though he never said that explicitly.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I just watched the video and thought the EXACT same thing....made me wonder what those few things are that WOULD make him walk away... he seems very hung up on betrayal, maybe he's thinking, I wouldn't walk away unless she screwed me over or some such...?

Interesting, though not at all unusual, that he basically says that it's the kids that make him work harder at making the marriage work.... Always makes me wonder when people say that if they are intimating that had the kids not been there the marriage could have/would have gone off the rails already....
Old 01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

But, I'm not really talking about the situations you're in control of.
But the way he phrased it, I did get the impression that he was talking about what he could control, where the choice of whether to leave or return would be up to him and not the other party.

Of course, I never want him in a situation where he feels he can't walk away from bad conditions. I never want him feeling trapped in FM or in a marriage, because that opens the door for other people to take advantage and to abuse the power they think they have.

So, I have no objection to his phrasing. I just thought it curious.

Michele
Old 01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
things are never absolute. i thought what he said meant you need to work on relationships and it's never ideal but what you have is so much that it's worth working through any problems and not giving up - he does say this when describing songs that seem to talk about problems.

again, as i attempted to bring up in the other thread, i really think that TTWTLG is more about his current relationship than any of the other songs he says are about his wife. even though he never said that explicitly.
Actually Elle, I did hear him say it once, that TTWTLG is about Kristen. I know I do this all the time to you - lol, where I seemingly imagine a memory but I know he said it! I'm sure of it
Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But the way he phrased it, I did get the impression that he was talking about what he could control, where the choice of whether to leave or return would be up to him and not the other party. Of course, I never want him in a situation where he feels he can't walk away from bad conditions. I never want him feeling trapped in FM or in a marriage, because that opens the door for other people to take advantage and to abuse the power they think they have.

So, I have no objection to his phrasing. I just thought it curious.

Michele
Well said I think that's it exactly. Yeah, it sounded a little odd, but I didn't take it to mean he was leaving himself an out, or something. He's committed. Sometimes I think he just overthinks and gets more wordy than he means to.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn't like his interpretation of "save me" in Gone Too Far. He says, it's like "save the memory of me," preserve my essence, but I like thinking it means rescue me, spare me. Help me.

Michele
Well, it makes sense in the way it's written: "Save me, it's gone too far." I think of someone crying out for a loved one to rescue them from the world.

Of course, I've never felt the need for my essence to be preserved, that's not my reality.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Actually Elle, I did hear him say it once, that TTWTLG is about Kristen. I know I do this all the time to you - lol, where I seemingly imagine a memory but I know he said it! I'm sure of it
really? that's cool. i don't remember him ever saying TTWTLG is about somebody specific. but you can't remember where was that?

he does always talk about IOOT being about Kristen, and to me that's not nearly as obvious as TTWTLG. and WSCD.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I don't remember him saying that.