The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Pick your favorite album EXCLUDING STEVIE'S SONGS.
'75 Fleetwood Mac 1 2.50%
Rumours 16 40.00%
Tusk 15 37.50%
Mirage 1 2.50%
Tango in the Night 7 17.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like how the horse has a blonde mane
Old 03-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Am I just seeing things? how did these 2 threads get meshed together?
Old 03-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

That's weird. Why has a poll been tacked on to my thread about Three?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
UK TOP 100 SINGLES CHART
# 87 (NEW) Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere
Chi-ching!

The ad is growing on me.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From Mashable.com
http://mashable.com/2013/03/04/sheland-pony-viral-ad/

Todd Wasserman/7 hours ago

A video of a plucky Shetland Pony doing the moonwalk to Fleetwood Mac's "Everywhere" has become an unlikely YouTube hit, propelling the sponsor, UK telecom Three, to international fame.

The video, which has gotten 1.2 million views since it hit YouTube on Feb. 28, shows the cute pony strutting his stuff in the Shetland's breathtaking landscape and then taking a break when a farmer in a tractor pulls up. A caption at the end states "Silly Stuff. It matters." To prolong the viral success, the company is floating the hashtag #DancePonyDance and inviting fans to produce their own mashups at ponymixer.com.

That site lets you choose from several musical genres, including "boy band" and punk. But, sorry, there's no "Harlem Shake" option at the moment.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
That's weird. Why has a poll been tacked on to my thread about Three?
probably wrong 2 threads were merged by mistake. there was already a thread about everywhere pony commercial, and one of the mods probably tried to merge it with yours so there's no redundancy but they merged the wrong thread.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
probably wrong 2 threads were merged by mistake. there was already a thread about everywhere pony commercial, and one of the mods probably tried to merge it with yours so there's no redundancy but they merged the wrong thread.
You're probably right. My thread was the first Three thread so the thread was merged into it.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the pony is cute, but I'm still not sure what this commercial is promoting?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

It's promoting the Three mobile phone network in the UK. It's to raise brand awareness rather than advertise their services directly.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine has seen it

http://wklondon.typepad.com/welcome_...twood-mac.html

Moonwalking Pony Goes Viral, Wins Praise From Fleetwood Mac

Our moonwalking pony ad for Three mobile is now topping the global viral charts. Second Sync, which analyzes Twitter conversations, says that the video generated 14,000 tweets within five hours of its internet premiere on Friday.

But even more excitingly, we got a telephone call from Martin Wyatt, manager of Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac, the writer and performer of the song 'Everywhere' that soundtracks the ad. He told us that Christine is "absolutely thrilled to bits" that we used ‘Everywhere’ and wanted to congratulate whoever made the decision to use it in the ad. She "absolutely loves" the ad and has been "glued to the TV all weekend" waiting for it to come back on. Our Three team is a bit starstruck and overwhelmed at this news.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 03-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Check the Itunes rock charts. Everywhere is no. 1 in the UK and Ireland. Other FM songs are charting too.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
Check the Itunes rock charts. Everywhere is no. 1 in the UK and Ireland. Other FM songs are charting too.
nice!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=ButterCookie;1080678]Christine has seen it

But even more excitingly, we got a telephone call from Martin Wyatt, manager of Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac, the writer and performer of the song 'Everywhere' that soundtracks the ad. He told us that Christine is "absolutely thrilled to bits" that we used ‘Everywhere’ and wanted to congratulate whoever made the decision to use it in the ad. She "absolutely loves" the ad and has been "glued to the TV all weekend" waiting for it to come back on. Our Three team is a bit starstruck and overwhelmed at this news.[/QUOTE]

uhmm, forgive my stupidity, but if CM sold her catalog, who would have been the one to release this for use? Mick?

I'm a bit overwhelmed that she is "glued to the TV", I thought Chris was in LA right now?
Old 03-06-2013, 04:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

Everywhere is #16 in the overall iTunes singles chart in the UK with Greatest Hits at #29 in the album charts too.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...net-smash.html
One slick pony! Shetland that moon-walks to Fleetwood Mac is an internet smash

Dancing Shetland pony has racked up millions of YouTube hits

Ad for mobile network 3 described as 'best thing ever' by fans
Mari Williamson, the owner of the stallion Socks, told of her pride

By Kerry Mcdermott PUBLISHED:21:29 EST, 5 March 2013

As the government's austerity programme rolls on, and the UK tightens its belt, Britain is a nation in need of something to smile about.

And it seems a Shetland pony moon-walking to the strains of an '80s pop tune could be just the thing.

An advert for mobile internet firm 3, which sees a pony tapping its hooves to Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac, has been lauded as 'the best thing ever' by fans on Twitter.

The quirky clip has racked up more than two million YouTube hits in less than a week.

'Seeing the dancing pony advert brightens up my day,' said Twitter user @_5ophie, while @Lozzaap tweeted that it would 'always be my favourite advert'.

Another fan, @Anthonyshaw_, posted: 'Love that dancing pony in the new 3 advert', adding 'It'll probably be in a lasagne by next week though' - referencing the recent horse meat scandal.

Today, Mari Williamson, the owner of Socks told of her pride.

Mrs Williamson, 42, who runs the Benston stud farm on Shetland, said she was amazed at the five-year-old's new found fame.

He was even given the VIP treatment during the shoot by having his own hairdresser who attached 40 clips to his locks for each day of filming.

Mrs Williamson was approached last year to supply the ponies for the advert, which was filmed on the cliffs of Eshaness on the islands.

She said: 'The reaction has been incredible, we have had phone calls and emails from all over the world. I thought they did a terrific job with the advert and it was surreal watching it for the first time.

'Socks is a plucky pony who just loves attention and I think that's why he was picked out to be the star. He spent a week filming the advert and he took it all in his stride.

'It's gone viral now with millions of people watching him but he is blissfully unaware and is keeping his hoofs firmly on the ground.'

Socks was prepared for his starring role for two weeks by local animal trainer Elaine Tait, who told how she taught him to 'moonwalk' by giving him carrots as gifts.

She said: 'Since I only had two weeks in order to get Socks ready to moonwalk, I had to work quickly to gain his trust.

'I had to encourage him to go up on his rear legs as well - usually this is something that a trainer tries to get his horse or pony not to do, but because of the choreography of the ad, it was something we had to do.

'In order to get him to paw the ground, which is probably one of the most important parts of the moonwalk process, I placed a facecloth to the ground that he would paw.

'Eventually, he would know to paw the ground without the facecloth being there.'

The moonwalking Shetland horse advert was filmed by award-winning filmmaker Dougal Wilson, famed for his tear-jerking festive films for John Lewis.

Local hairstylist Bjoern Larson fitted Socks with extensions and used luxury products on him for the shoot.

One of Mrs Williamson's other ponies, Hugh, also starred on the advert, which launched during Coronation Street last week.

However, she insisted that despite his fame she will not be cashing in by selling Socks.

She added: 'He has never been for sale and I won't be selling him no matter what the price.

'He's a very special little pony.'

Mash-up versions of the popular advert have also been cropping up on YouTube, including one in which the Fleetwood Mac song has been replaced by Michael Jackson's Billie Jean, and another which sees the pony trotting to the sounds of Teenage Kicks by The Undertones.

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook