The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Standing is one of my gripes besides the NO#1 problem is dealing with the DRUNKS and idiots that chat through the entire show.Especially the ones with the asinine comments about the band and its members.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I think this is very harsh and unnecessary. By standing, you were blocking the view of the people behind you who had paid good money for their tickets, and now they couldn't see. You think that's fair? I don't. I am not tall enough to see over people standing in front of me, and avoid floor tickets for concerts like this, because I know that -- because of people like YOU -- I will not be able to see the stage.
Then maybe the Mac shouldn't play songs that people want to dance to?
Old 01-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Ledgie

Glad you all enjoyed the review. Now that i've had the opportunity to see a video of Don't Stop it doesn't look like it was actually Christine's mistake, it looks like something was going on with Lindsey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qdDu5NO-iQ
Old 01-25-2015, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then maybe the Mac shouldn't play songs that people want to dance to?
You paid $200 (or more) for a ticket and you want to dance, not watch the band? Incredible. If you want to dance, why not go to a cover band and save a bundle of money?

Don't get me wrong, I love the energy of a rock band at a standing venue, but these arenas are not meant to be standing venues. If they were, why do they put seats in on the floor?

I think concert goers that stand for more or less the entire show are being incredibly rude. They are saying it's all about them, and they don't care about the people for whom they are ruining the concert.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
The show was great - the audience not so much. The humans (and I'm being kind here) behind us were miserable and expected us to sit for the duration of the concert. At one point, one of them took to shining his/her phone light in my face to make me sit down during Tusk. If you don't expect to stand at some point during a concert, then STAY HOME OR SPRING FOR FRONT ROW SEATS!

Once they left, the entire section felt different and the music healed and lifted us all up. Surprisingly, Gypsy was the highlight of the night (love the recorded version, but never was keen on it live until now). Little Lies, I Know I'm Not Wrong and Silver Springs were AWESOME. No changes to the set list but they could certainly swap out Dreams, Over My Head, and I'm So Afraid for Angel, Hold Me, and Think About Me...
Same thing happened at the D.C show in my section. A girl stood up during Gold Dust Woman to dance and the guy behind her screamed at her to sit down. The girl's boyfriend was a second away from punching him out until some others calmed him down.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have mixed feelings on people standing and dancing in the floor section. I know the band likes seeing people dancing and enjoying the show, it creates good energy. On the other hand, it is not pleasant for people 10 rows back who are forced to stand because everyone else is standing. Protocol regarding standing changes by band and venue. General rule, if most people are sitting and you are one of only a few standing, for goodnees sake sit your rude butt down.

It is NEVER ok to stand and dance when you are NOT in the floor section. Those people who do are rude self centered morons. You are sitting in riser seats and they are designed to be sat in so each ascending row can see above the other. What the heck is wrong with people? Drunk? Inexperienced? Moron?

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.

Last edited by reebokandlace; 01-26-2015 at 08:40 AM..
Old 01-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
I have mixed feelings on people standing and dancing in the floor section. I know the band likes seeing people dancing and enjoying the show, it creates good energy. On the other hand, it is not pleasant for people 10 rows back who are forced to stand because everyone else is standing. Protocol regarding standing changes by band and venue. General rule, if most people are sitting and you are one of only a few standing, for goodnees sake sit your rude butt down.
You make good points. Sitting may not be the preference of many, but it evens the playing field. Even when you stand it's not enough. People will obscure your vision, push, and flail their arms to block your enjoyment of the show. Saying to people who are short, old or disabled, "Just stay home, because I want to dance," is not very helpful, especially when you're talking about a band with 70 year old members. They aren't playing to the Justin Bieber throngs. They have 70 year old fans who have just as much right to attend a concert as everyone else, even if they are no longer limber and sprightly.

You can turn on a CD and dance at home, but you can only SEE the performer at a concert and I think it's best to see them in a manner that doesn't prevent others from doing so.

Michele
Old 01-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Ledgie

Everyone in my section was very respectful. People sat the majority of the show, the only times people stood were to applaud Lindsey after I'm So Afraid to show appreciation for the insane guitar solo we just witnessed and then people kinda lost it and started dancing during Go Your Own Way and Don't Stop but who can blame them.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Clearly we won't all agree on this one. However, our love for the Mac will bring some of us back. Not me. I will stay home and dance - to the Mirage tour VHS, to The Dance DVD, to the Say You Will DVD. I'm so silly to react to LIVE MUSIC like that...
Old 01-26-2015, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I find this conversation so odd. Its a rock concert not the opera. Its known that if you want to sit you get tickets off the floor. The floor is for standing! I've gone to more concerts than I could ever count and only had to sit a few times but those shows were ruined for me. The band is more into it when everybody stands and acts interested. Boring crowds are the worst!

Last edited by kak125; 01-26-2015 at 10:34 PM..
Old 01-27-2015, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
The band is more into it when everybody stands and acts interested. Boring crowds are the worst!
As much as the band gets paid per show, if the only way they can get into it is if people are dancing and harassing each other they need to be in jail for robbery. There must be another way to motivate themselves -- aside from revisiting cocaine.

Michele
Old 01-27-2015, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

JamBase [click for 35 photos] Images by: Joe Russo

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/1238...-New-York-City

Fleetwood Mac :: 1.22.15 :: Madison Square Garden :: New York, NY

Fleetwood Mac returned to Madison Square Garden in New York City on Thursday night with keyboardist/vocalist Christine McVie in tow as the On With The Show Tour continued. The setlist featured many songs sung by Christine including "Songbird," "Everywhere" and "Little Lies." Thursday's show contained a whopping nine tunes (of 11) off 1977's best-selling Rumours LP. Fleetwood Mac's tour returns to the NYC area on February 8, when the band plays Newark's Prudential Center.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
Clearly we won't all agree on this one. However, our love for the Mac will bring some of us back. Not me. I will stay home and dance - to the Mirage tour VHS, to The Dance DVD, to the Say You Will DVD. I'm so silly to react to LIVE MUSIC like that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
I find this conversation so odd. Its a rock concert not the opera. Its known that if you want to sit you get tickets off the floor. The floor is for standing! I've gone to more concerts than I could ever count and only had to sit a few times but those shows were ruined for me. The band is more into it when everybody stands and acts interested. Boring crowds are the worst!
I'm used to standing at concerts as well. However, those were concerts for Beyonce, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake etc, so it would make sense since the age of the audience is younger. Fleetwood Mac was my first concert where my entire section sat for the majority of the show. That was odd for me at first, but I can't complain. I wasn't totally upset by that since I had a long tiring day beforehand. I danced plenty in my seat though.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As much as the band gets paid per show, if the only way they can get into it is if people are dancing and harassing each other they need to be in jail for robbery. There must be another way to motivate themselves -- aside from revisiting cocaine.

Michele
I don't mean for people to get in a fight over it I just meant I have been to shows where people sit the entire time and shows where people stand and the bands are way more into it.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post
I'm used to standing at concerts as well. However, those were concerts for Beyonce, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake etc, so it would make sense since the age of the audience is younger. Fleetwood Mac was my first concert where my entire section sat for the majority of the show. That was odd for me at first, but I can't complain. I wasn't totally upset by that since I had a long tiring day beforehand. I danced plenty in my seat though.
Yeah I would have been pissed had I been at that show where everybody sat the entire time. The seats are entirely too close together so I feel like I have more room when standing then sitting. Thank goodness in Pittsburgh people usually stand on the floor when its a rocking band. Now for the Eagles everybody sat but that makes sense given their music but I noticed even for Rod Stewart everybody stood as well as Pat Benatar/Cher and Heart. I think if the music is loud and rocking its just a lot more fun. Now the last time I saw Sarah McLachlan everybody sat for her show but then again her music is pretty chill so I get it. I just find that when people sit they are more mellow and everybody is super quiet and when I look around people just seem so bored. I felt weird for singing along -ha ha!

Last edited by kak125; 01-27-2015 at 11:18 AM..