The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Where is it at in Barnes and Noble? I cannot find it.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
In the back of the store.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
It is on the left side
Old 05-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know if this issue is available in Canada?

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 05-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=wheart;1165517]I found it odd that they used such an old pic as the cover photo, not sure if it's Rumors or Mirage...but a recent photo would have been more appropriate. They're still a working, relevant band. Why freeze them in time like that with a super old photo??[/QUOTET

The back cover had a recent picture, and from what I remember the inside photos went in a chronological order, so it seems like it was purposeful.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
So I bought it tonight at Barnes and Noble. Great photos. Many are new to my eyes.

The text was decent--until it wasn't. Ken Caillat's assessment of Tusk as a musical failure is taken as an unchallenged truth. Likewise, his bashing of Mick, Stevie, and Christine as crazy coke-heads is pretty rude. Carol Ann Harris's Storms is quoted frequently as a reliable, unbiased source. And there are plenty of snide remarks about the band's excesses, courtesy of J.I. Baker, who doesn't have a clear point of view about his subject, alternating between awe and derision.

The text won't do any damage among us hardcore fans. But it will further perpetuate the myths and stereotypes about these musicians in the eyes of the general public. Subpar journalism.
I found mine at Rite-Aid.

And I agree.....great pictures, lousy copy. It's amazingly biased against the band, particularly from a "life-long fan." And it's not just TUSK that the author slams.....he pretty much says everything after RUMOURS sucked, calling MIRAGE the work of a "tired" Fleetwood Mac "cover band."
I also thought the fact that the majority of quotes were taken from Ken Caillat's and Carol Ann Harris' (VERY biased) books smacked of yellow journalism. In fact, the only real even handed quotes in the entire article seemed to come from Keith Olson.
All in all, nice batch of photos, but the copy shows just how low Life has sunk!
Old 05-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I found mine at Rite-Aid.

And I agree.....great pictures, lousy copy. It's amazingly biased against the band, particularly from a "life-long fan." And it's not just TUSK that the author slams.....he pretty much says everything after RUMOURS sucked, calling MIRAGE the work of a "tired" Fleetwood Mac "cover band."
I also thought the fact that the majority of quotes were taken from Ken Caillat's and Carol Ann Harris' (VERY biased) books smacked of yellow journalism. In fact, the only real even handed quotes in the entire article seemed to come from Keith Olson.
All in all, nice batch of photos, but the copy shows just how low Life has sunk!
Thank you for confirming my reaction. I was beginning to think no one else felt this way. Yeah, the way Mirage and Tango are pretty much written off and even Say You Will is dismissed as "underwhelming." Keith Olsen and Ray Lindsey are the only quoted people without a seeming agenda.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love seeing pictures of Christine playing guitar. I wonder how good her chops were, and why that side of her was rarely seen in the context of the group. Even Stevie, who has some ability in both guitar and piano, could have contributed something, in a limited capacity, to their live shows back in the day. Her tambourine is more of a visual prop now.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Even Stevie, who has some ability in both guitar and piano, could have contributed something, in a limited capacity, to their live shows back in the day. Her tambourine is more of a visual prop now.
Sorry, no. She's an amateur at BEST. A world class rock band doesn't let someone who can barely play a chord, perform in front of 20K people. THEY know it. She knows it.

And didn't they used to(still?) tape the jingles on her tambourine down, so they couldn't be heard through her vocal mic?
Old 05-05-2015, 04:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

what a load of rubbish. I'm not going to bust a gut to buy this now.

I'm so over Rumours.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I found it by accident in the Pittsburgh airport. I was very surprised to see the whole magazine was devoted to the band. I thought it was just going to be an article. a lot of photos we have already seen. a few we haven't. Most of the text is stuff we already know but there are a few quotes from Ken Calliet and Keith Olsen.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Sorry, no. She's an amateur at BEST. A world class rock band doesn't let someone who can barely play a chord, perform in front of 20K people. THEY know it. She knows it.

And didn't they used to(still?) tape the jingles on her tambourine down, so they couldn't be heard through her vocal mic?
I think they only taped the tambourine during the Clinton inauguration or special events
Old 05-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always found it funny that during EOTW in the Mirage tour, it was clearly Christine that was playing the tambourine, not Stevie.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
I always found it funny that during EOTW in the Mirage tour, it was clearly Christine that was playing the tambourine, not Stevie.
(this is a drummer joke, BUT)

Do you know what you call someone who likes to hang out with musicians?

Stevie!
Old 05-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hmmm, Christine doesn't agree. From Contemporary Keyboard, 10/1980:

"She isn't a great player, but what she plays you can elaborate on. Still, I think she should play onstage. She's getting better all the time, and if she would play piano on one song, it'd be ****in' great! Then she'd be known as a musician as well as just a singer."

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...x_v2&id=11&c=2

And, she sounded just fine playing the acoustic guitar rhythm parts on Go Your Own Way on that Rumours rehearsal tape where eventually Lindsey gives the guitar to Ray. I still wonder why he did that, if maybe his motive wasn't entirely musical.

The Leather And Lace demo with her plucking the guitar was fine, too. Her rhythm guitar on her version of Free Fallin' wasn't terrible, either.

I mean, yeah, she doesn't have the abilities that others with more experience have, but an amateur at best??

She herself has said that she isn't a musician. She uses the instruments for what she needs them for in order to write songs. So if she isn't putting herself in that category, what are you arguing with???? Why are you throwing her into that category and then saying she doesn't belong there??!!!!