User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
The bottom line is none of us know f*cking ****. I don't have a crystal ball and neither do you guys. Unless we hear a statement from the band, I am going to assume that they are all on board for a new studio album. Now STFU.
I'd drink to that.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
I think this was actually, partially, the band's fault, as they chose to push Reprise harder in '75, got Over My Head remixed for radio, etc. Why they didn't do this before, we'll never know,
They lived in England, they had a snaky manager who was their main contact with the label, and he didn't really have any creative ways to market the band after Peter Green left.

The difference by Dec. 31, 1974, is the band was living in Los Angeles, was internally managed, had a direct relationship with the label, and had established that Mick and John were the legitimate owners of the Fleetwood Mac name with the "Heroes Are Hard To Find" album and tour (even thought you could hear the strain the whole "Fake Mac" had taken on the band, especially Bob). They had some experience piloting their own ship by the time Lindsey and Stevie joined.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The bottom line is none of us know f*cking ****. I don't have a crystal ball and neither do you guys. Unless we hear a statement from the band, I am going to assume that they are all on board for a new studio album. Now STFU.
Unless we hear a statement from Stevie, I am going to assume that she is not on board for a new studio album. It's much easier to know somebody's intentions when they're not playing coy. Mick, John, Christine, and especially Lindsey aren't playing coy with their intentions. But, since Stevie has chosen to play coy, there is, and will be, a lot of speculation. That's nobody's fault but Stevie's.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-17-2015, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Unless we hear a statement from Stevie, I am going to assume that she is not on board for a new studio album. It's much easier to know somebody's intentions when they're not playing coy. Mick, John, Christine, and especially Lindsey aren't playing coy with their intentions. But, since Stevie has chosen to play coy, there is, and will be, a lot of speculation. That's nobody's fault but Stevie's.
Amen. I wish she'd just say that she's not on board, and waddle off into the sunset.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
They lived in England, they had a snaky manager who was their main contact with the label, and he didn't really have any creative ways to market the band after Peter Green left.

The difference by Dec. 31, 1974, is the band was living in Los Angeles, was internally managed, had a direct relationship with the label, and had established that Mick and John were the legitimate owners of the Fleetwood Mac name with the "Heroes Are Hard To Find" album and tour (even thought you could hear the strain the whole "Fake Mac" had taken on the band, especially Bob). They had some experience piloting their own ship by the time Lindsey and Stevie joined.
Right, this is why I said they kind of get a pass due to the fake band etc. and that's a good point about them still being in England back then as well. I guess I just wanted to point out in case some were under the impression that every FM album/single before '75 got equal exposure to the '75 album but people chose to ignore those albums/singles then just decided to buy the '75 album simply because BN were now there because that wasn't the case. They need to realize that got more of a push and in the specific areas that some of the previous albums/singles should've been promoted.

John
Old 02-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In all seriousness, when was the last time that any of them mentioned the new album? I'm not talking about recycled interviews either. I don't think there's been any new info since before the tour started (Fall 2014).
Old 02-17-2015, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In all seriousness, when was the last time that any of them mentioned the new album? I'm not talking about recycled interviews either. I don't think there's been any new info since before the tour started (Fall 2014).
That's not true. Mick, Lindsey and Christine have all given interviews since the tour has started and the album was mentioned. Meanwhile, by contrast, Stevie has given interviews and mentioned her future possible plans without referencing the album among those plans.

Michele
Old 02-17-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
It's still worth discussion. While I'm annoyed by Stevie's initial reluctance to do a new album, allegedly. I would love to see another album with these three singers. Seems Lindsey and Christine have some amazing chemistry going on. Add Stevie to that and I'm sure something great could happen from it.

That's definitely worth talking about on a Fleetwood Mac discussion board.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-17-2015 at 03:18 PM..
Old 02-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Huh? Who said we can't discuss the new album? I was talking about all these people assuming Stevie won't participate. Not convinced of that.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Huh? Who said we can't discuss the new album? I was talking about all these people assuming Stevie won't participate. Not convinced of that.
Oh, my bad. I thought the, "STFU" was for everybody. Carry on.....
Old 02-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's your prerogative to be convinced of whatever you wish.

it's a problem when you are telling everyone else to stfu based on your flawed "information".

the last time anybody heard from a band member about the state of the album, who is on board and who is not, and possibility of releasing it without Stevie was most probably 2 days ago at Mick's m&g in Chicago.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-17-2015, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's your prerogative to be convinced of whatever you wish.

it's a problem when you are telling everyone else to stfu based on your flawed "information".

the last time anybody heard from a band member about the state of the album, who is on board and who is not, and possibility of releasing it without Stevie was most probably 2 days ago at Mick's m&g in Chicago.
Did Mick mention releasing an album without Stevie as a possibility? I know we have discussed that here but wasn't aware any of the band members spoke of it.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 02-17-2015, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Did Mick mention releasing an album without Stevie as a possibility? I know we have discussed that here but wasn't aware any of the band members spoke of it.
yes. i'm not sure what exactly he said in Chicago, but at other m&gs he also mentioned a possibility of releasing it as one of the band members' solo album (i think he said as LB solo album?) or as FM with just 4 members if SN doesn't get on board. or waiting for her for years.

their new album and when/how will it be released seems to be a recurring question for Mick at every m&g.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-17-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. i'm not sure what exactly he said in Chicago, but at other m&gs he also mentioned a possibility of releasing it as one of the band members' solo album (i think he said as LB solo album?) or as FM with just 4 members if SN doesn't get on board. or waiting for her for years.

their new album and when/how will it be released seems to be a recurring question for Mick at every m&g.
That's because a lot of Fleetwood Mac fans want a new album. And even if we like Stevie, some of us will direct the anger where the evidence takes us.

If Lindsey kept insinuating he wasn't on board for a new album whilst Christine and Stevie had recorded 8 tracks together and were waiting for him to show up... Well, I would bet all the money in my pockets that the chiffon heads would be madder than a ghost in the fog, on a staircase, with dark make up, in the winter, without any boots.
And that's the truth!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-17-2015 at 05:04 PM..
Old 02-17-2015, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's because a lot of Fleetwood Mac fans want a new album. And even if we like Stevie, some of us will direct the anger where the evidence takes us.

If Lindsey kept insinuating he wasn't on board for a new album whilst Christine and Stevie had recorded 8 tracks together and were waiting for him to show up... Well, I would bet all the money in my pockets that the chiffon heads would be madder than a ghost in the fog, on a staircase, with dark make up, in the winter, without any boots.
And that's the truth!
Beyond that, Stevie reiterated in 1987 that "we could wait around another five or ten years for Lindsey to come around" and in 2003 "we couldn't have her be on the album and not tour because what if one of her songs became a hit..." It wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't towed the company line so hard in the past. But she did. Now it's her turn to shine or get out of the way.

THE Stephen Hopkins