User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My scan of a Sean interview...

I've been meaning to scan it since getting the NME mag tribute to John's 70th birthday. There's a lovely interview with Sean in it amongst some other cool things. Anyway, here it is...my scan (hope it comes out ok):

love it and LOVE Sean!!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 03-14-2011 at 11:13 PM..
Old 03-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Yoko on CNN re: Japan

Old 03-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Thanks Nico for sharing

Thanks Nico for posting that scanned NME magazine birthday tribute Interview with Sean. Also Yoko's TV interview on 'Piers Morgan Tonight' CNN.I had seen that video myself this morning and was going to post it here when I could.So thanks for posting and sharing it for us of all here.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Apple Inc. files for trademark for Beatles Corp Apple logo 3/15/2011

Examiner.com national
March 15 , 2011

Apples and apples - Apple Inc. files for trademark for Beatles Corp Apple logo

March 14, 2011 - Apple Inc., the computer company, has filed two trademark applications for the two green apple logos that have long been associated with Apple Corps, the Beatles company. The computer company has applied for both the whole apple as well as the cross-cut apple image.

http://www.examiner.com/john-lennon-...alerts_article
Old 03-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No Yellow Submarine remake movie for Disney 3/15/2011

Examiner.com national
March 15, 2011

No Yellow Submarine for Disney

March 14, 2011 - Disney has sunk it's plans for the remake of the Beatles' 1968 film, Yellow Submarine, originally slated for release in 2012. Robert Zemeckis was to produce the film, using 16 of the Beatles' classics including All You Need is Love and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds. The scuttlebutt was that the poor performance---tanking (sorry)---of this weekend's opening of Mars Needs Mom had something to do with the decision.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The Hollywood Reporter : Disney Kills Robert Zemeckis’ ‘Yellow Submarine’ 3/14/2011

I have one more article about Disney not remaking the Yellow Submarine movie.

The Hollywood Reporter
March 14, 2011
Disney Kills Robert Zemeckis’ ‘Yellow Submarine’ (Exclusive)
The "Mars Needs Moms" producer is now free to shop the project to another studio.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-yellow-167415
Old 03-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Fox News : Yoko Ono Still in the Grove, Video 3/11/2011

Fox News.com
March 11, 2011

Yoko Ono: Still in the Groove

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4580415/y...in-the-groove/
Old 03-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Concert to benefit Japans earthquake relief: with Sean and his Mom and guests

Concert to benefit Japans earthquake relief.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
8:00 PM
Miller Theatre

http://www.millertheatre.com/Events/....aspx?nid=1447

I have another audio interview with Yoko.I am just going to post here.

The Takeaway: Yoko Ono Lennon on Disaster and Hope in Japan (audio)
March 16, 2011

From John Hockenberry & Celeste Headlee, The Take Away.
Yoko Ono Lennon experienced the devastation of WWII on Japan. Since then, she’s moved to the United States and worked as an artist and musician. She speaks strongly about pain, love, and her reverence for planet Earth. In the wake of Japan’s quake and tsunami, she has been thinking of her home country and contributing to the Red Cross. She encourages others to do the same, or to participate in the rebuilding of Japan in a more hands-on way if they can. Amidst the pain and the destruction, she is hopeful that her country can rebuild.

http://imaginepeace.com/archives/14165
Old 03-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default More information about the Concert to benefit Japans earthquake relief

More information about the Concert to benefit Japans earthquake relief.With Sean Lennon and Yoko.

Sonic Youth and Yoko Ono to Perform at Miller Theatre Benefit

Ranked one of the greatest guitarists of all time by Rolling Stone, Thurston Moore is the front man for Sonic Youth. He's a big deal. Oh yeah, and he'll be here.
Huzzah! Miller Theatre has just announced a concert on Sunday, March 27 to raise money for relief efforts in Japan. The benefit, curated by New Music scenester John Zorn, features Sonic Youth, Yoko Ono, Sean Lennon, Cibo Matto, and many others the bill describes as “innovative artists at the intersection of indie rock, contemporary jazz, and avant-garde performance.”

Tickets are available here. $25 discount balcony seats for students.

Miller Theatre at Columbia University SCHOOL OF THE ARTS
presents a benefit concert for Japan
hosted by JOHN ZORN and featuring
SONIC YOUTH, YOKO ONO, SEAN LENNON, CIBO MATTO
with Mike Patton, Mephista, Marc Ribot, Uri Caine, and Zorn’s Aleph Trio

100% of proceeds will be donated to support Japan earthquake relief efforts

Sunday, March 27, 8:00 PM

Tickets: $50, $100 · Students Tickets: $25

Sunday, March 27, 8:00PM
Concert to Benefit Japan Earthquake Relief

More than a dozen innovative artists at the intersection of indie rock, contemporary jazz, and avant-garde performance will come together at Miller Theatre to present a benefit concert to support recovery efforts in Japan. “The tragedy and devastation is really overwhelming,” says John Zorn, who has organized and will host the evening. “I’ve always felt a strong personal connection to Japan, and I’m just glad to be able to do my part to help. It should be an amazing night.”

The lineup includes feature performances by musician and artist Yoko Ono, and her son Sean Lennon; Japanese-American indie duo Cibo Matto; and the influential band Sonic Youth. Vocalist Mike Patton will appear as a special guest, and Mephista, Marc Ribot, Uri Caine, and John Zorn’s Aleph Trio will also play short sets.

Both the performers and the theater are donating their services, ensuring that 100% of proceeds from ticket sales will go to benefit the victims of the earthquake and tsunami that hit near Sendai on March 11. Funds will be donated to the Japan Society’s Earthquake Relief Fund.

ARTISTS: Sonic Youth
Yoko Ono
Sean Lennon
Cibo Matto (Yuka Honda & Miho Hatori)
Mike Patton, vocals
Mephista (Susie Ibarra, drums; Sylvie Courvoisier, piano; Ikue Mori, electronics)
Marc Ribot, guitar
Uri Caine, piano
Aleph Trio (John Zorn, saxophone; Trevor Dunn, bass; Kenny Wollesen, drums)

Columbia University’s Miller Theatre is located north of the Main Campus Gate
at 116th St. & Broadway on the ground floor of Dodge Hall.

For tickets, the public should call the Miller Theatre Box Office at 212/854-7799

Tickets can also be purchased online at

or further information, press tickets, and to arrange interviews,
please contact Aleba Gartner Associates at 212/206-1450 or a@alebagartner.com.

For photos, please contact Charlotte Landrum at 212/854-2380 or cl2867@columbia.edu.

Programs and artists are subject to change.

Last edited by msLinds; 03-16-2011 at 08:28 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That sounds really wonderful. I'm glad they're doing this, and Yoko is certainly one of the most influential and universally-known Japanese artists in history, so her presence there is truly rewarding. My heart goes out to each and every single one of those suffering right now through this devastating crisis. There really aren't words that can sum up any of the feelings everyone has at the moment.

It'd be even greater if Julian was involved. Given his recent posts on FB, it's obvious he's shaken over this matter and he seems a charitable spirit. It would be kind of beautiful if the whole family got involved, but that's my own personal feelings on the matter. Truthfully, I'm grateful that this is being done at all, and quickly enough, to aid those in need. THAT is what matters most here, not my selfish desire for a Lennon family reunion.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 03-17-2011 at 01:36 AM..
Old 03-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Sean/Charlotte pic from UK mag...

Old 03-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The Austin Chronicle, Decades dancing with Yoko 3/18/2011

I think its caring and wonderful that Sean and his mom and all those Musicians are putting on that benefit concert for the Japan Earthquake relief effort.The web site says its allready sold out.I agree Nico and understand it would have been beautiful if Julian had joined them for it.Maybe someday we might see Sean and his brother Julian on stage performing together in concert for some benefit or cause etc.I did read on Julian's Facebook page that he has a friend living in Japan that he had not heard from and could not get a hold of. Since there has no updated posting from Julian about his friend on his Facebook page.I think there is a chance Julian has lost his friend to the earthquake or tsunami.So I also am keeping Julian and his friend in my Pagan prayers.Also all the people in Japan.I have one update.

The Austin Chronicle
Move On Fast
Decades dancing with Yoko Ono
March 18, 2011

The Chronicle compiled these three excerpts below from my three decades of Yoko Ono conversations . They remind me that Yoko is always a forthright and fearless interview subject, and I'm anxious to see what direction our South by Southwest interview will take on Friday.My most recent conversation with Yoko, who earlier this month notched her sixth consecutive No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Dance Club Play Chart with "Move On Fast," was videotaped in an NYC studio last August to discuss the CD releases coinciding with John Lennon's 70th birthday. Imagine my amazement when she emerged for the shoot in a long, black wig and white pajamas and took her place in a bed with a backdrop re-creating the couple's historic 1969 Bed-In. By the pillow where her late husband would have been was a plant – his 2010 reincarnation! Talking to her in that setting was fun and beyond surreal.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/music.../move-on-fast/

Last edited by msLinds; 03-17-2011 at 11:16 PM..
Old 03-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Marie Claire UK More Photographs 3/2011

Thanks Nico for posting that cool photograph of Sean and Charlotte Kemp together taken for Marie Clare UK.They are a beautiful couple.I found another link online with more Photographs of Charlotte from that March issue.

Marie Claire.UK
March 2011
Golden Eye
For your Fashion, Beauty, and Wordplay cravings…
Charlotte Kemp Muhl And Sean Lennon Rock The Look

http://scriptical.wordpress.com/2011...rock-the-look/
Old 03-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds View Post
Thanks Nico for posting that cool photograph of Sean and Charlotte Kemp together taken for Marie Clare UK.They are a beautiful couple.I found another link online with more Photographs of Charlotte from that March issue.

Marie Claire.UK
March 2011
Golden Eye
For your Fashion, Beauty, and Wordplay cravings…
Charlotte Kemp Muhl And Sean Lennon Rock The Look

http://scriptical.wordpress.com/2011...rock-the-look/
Charlotte looks stunning in those pics. Love her. She and Sean are an incredible-looking couple.

I really want to go to the charity concert on the 27th but given work constraints I simply can not, even if I wanted to. Deadlines all over the place. But I hope to live vicariously through the posts of others- and I KNOW Mslinds is going to hook me up with some pics/blog postings/reviews. I want it all.

My heart breaks for Japan. I'm working on a fundraiser with some of my co-workers and artist friends because I feel like something must be done to help these people and as humans I think it's not obligatory but a given that we try to do what we can when we see others who really need it. And they certainly do. Thanks for your posts MsLinds. You're awesome.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Yoko Ono talks to Jody Denberg at SXSW : One Austin 360 article

Thats great Nico you wanted to go that Concert fundraiser for Japan.But there will many other ways for us to help to in the future.Also the web site says they are sold out of all the tickets anyway.That is wonderful and caring of you and your co workers to be working on a fundraiser for the future to help.It breaks my heart seeing what has happened in Japan to.You and the other Fleetwood Mac fans here on the Ledge, and any lurkers who check out this thread.Will be one the first ones to get any new video's or articles coming out from that SXWW event in Austin, from me.As soon as I get them myself.I am certain there will be video's and photographs, etc of these performances posted online later. I have 2 new articles to post.

Examiner.com
March 18, 2011
Yoko Ono talks to Jody Denberg at SXSW - "John's guitar competed with my voice"

March 18, 2011, Austin, Texas - Yoko Ono was interviewed by Austin DJ and long-time friend Jody Denberg at the SXSW music convention in Austin, Texas today. Ono, whose remix of her 1972 song*Move On Fast is #1 on the Billboard dance charts this week, has had the same luck with her last six singles. Not bad for a 78 year old.Yoko talked to Jody about many subjects, including husband John Lennon's reaction to her music when they first met, how money features in the pursuit for art, and the connection between her artistic ideas of the 60s and the dance remixes of today that have taken her music into the 21st century.

After mentioning that her son Sean was "courageous" for starting his own record label (Chimera Music), she was asked about the tragedy in Japan. She said her family and friends were "fine" but that she had spent sleepless nights worrying about the people of her homeland. She wondered if the Earth was angry over how it's been treated, saying that perhaps "we're not giving it enough care and concern."

Austin 360.com
March 18, 2011
Scene report: Yoko Ono interview

At an age where it’s more common to be contemplating hip replacement surgery, Yoko Ono has had six No. 1 dance singles on the Billboard charts. Yet another noteworthy chapter in a fairly epic life. As Ann Magnuson said, “She’s a living haiku.”

http://www.austin360.com/blogs/conte...n_music_source

Last edited by msLinds; 03-18-2011 at 07:24 PM..
Closed Thread