Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
You stand with everything you are against. Can't you see that
This is the same person who wanted Angela to win project runway, if that's any indication of taste.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
I was thinking that too, sometimes it is hard to verbalize what is in your head. Strand did it so well here. And I thereby feed his already corpulent ego.
MY EGO KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it just boggles my mind when people say that the R party is the party of less government and less taxes, which the facts (which are the only thing that interest me) clearly indicate otherwise.

I mean his blog goes on about oil exploration and alternative fuels and the D. agenda. To me, exploring alt. fuels instead of exploring for oil is a win win on all levels including national defense. Also, there has been no Federal minimum wage hike since like 97 - how the fukc is that fair to anyone Though, to be fair, some states have raised it on their own.

In the end, he can think what he wants, but that does not make it true.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 11-09-2006 at 02:48 PM..
Old 11-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
This is the same person who wanted Angela to win project runway, if that's any indication of taste.
You know you wanted to see 12 multicolored poofy skirts with tacky flower-mabobs go down the runway in the finale.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
You know you wanted to see 12 multicolored poofy skirts with tacky flower-mabobs go down the runway in the finale.

i <3 you guys.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
I would have loved to see it! I would have also loved to see everybody's face in that tent. Not to mention the resounding echoes of "Oh helllllllllllllllllllll no!"
Old 11-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You stand with those who everything you are against. Can't you see that
It's not worth it, Jason.

This is why I said Brandon is a fraud- cuz I just have a gut feeling that he really is not mentally or emotionally in sync with what republicans are all about. The term "gay republican" is an oxymoron, no matter what anyone says. While I think Brandon (and all "Log Cabin republicans" for that matter ) may think that being a "gay republican" has a certain cachet, most of them are all too eager to benefit from the accomplishments and struggles that gay democrats fought to bring to fruition.

It's easy to sit around and spout all this stuff that actually spites you, when in fact, there will always be the contingent of gays that will stand guard and take the time and effort to protect our liberties, REGARDLESS of the fact that "gay republicans" will continue to betray the gay community. Which is something that "gay republicans" will never understand, nor appreciate.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511 View Post
im not on here enough anymore to get into any kind of long drawn out debate.. i just don't have the time, or dare i say.. i just don't care.

if you want my opinions and views on all of this stuff the best thing for you to do is go to www.myspace.com/xwarmwaysx i post political blogs often.
So you come into this thread, state your disappointment with the election, cheer the loss of affirmative action, and then wave us off when challenged and tell us we need to go to your myspace?
Old 11-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511 View Post
there wasn't any bait to take.. because this isn't anything i question. i know where i stand and i know why i stand by the party i stand by.

im not on here enough anymore to get into any kind of long drawn out debate.. i just don't have the time, or dare i say.. i just don't care.

if you want my opinions and views on all of this stuff the best thing for you to do is go to www.myspace.com/xwarmwaysx i post political blogs often.
How come every time you come around my London, London Bridge wanna go down?

Get up out my face
Before I turn around and spray yo ass with Mace

Last edited by Nixxxed; 11-09-2006 at 09:17 PM..
Old 11-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower View Post
It's not worth it, Jason.

This is why I said Brandon is a fraud- cuz I just have a gut feeling that he really is not mentally or emotionally in sync with what republicans are all about. The term "gay republican" is an oxymoron, no matter what anyone says. While I think Brandon (and all "Log Cabin republicans" for that matter ) may think that being a "gay republican" has a certain cachet, most of them are all too eager to benefit from the accomplishments and struggles that gay democrats fought to bring to fruition.

It's easy to sit around and spout all this stuff that actually spites you, when in fact, there will always be the contingent of gays that will stand guard and take the time and effort to protect our liberties, REGARDLESS of the fact that "gay republicans" will continue to betray the gay community. Which is something that "gay republicans" will never understand, nor appreciate.
In defense of them, I do know some gay Republicans who work tirelessly to bring about awareness and change in the party. They have made some big advances I must say. But, they are not the norm by far. Most gay Republicans, to me, actually believe the Republican party stands for less taxes and less government, which is just untrue, at least according to the facts and it is these, which are IMO 99% of the gay Republicans, that betray the gay "cause" for this mistaken belief and, likely, greed on many levels.

Also, I am no Democrat, but I readily admit the Democrats for the last 25+ years have been the party of fiscal responsibility and comparatively less government -- and I find that a little scary

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 11-09-2006 at 09:42 PM..
Old 11-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed View Post
How come every time you come around my London, London Bridge wanna go down?

Get up out my face
Before I turn around and spray yo ass with Mace

The Gospel According to Fergie.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
In defense of them, I do know some gay Republicans who work tirelessly to bring about awareness and change in the party.
It's fruitless.

Quote:
They have made some big advances I must say.
You are seriously delusional.

Quote:
But, they are not the norm by far. Most gay Republicans, to me, actually believe the Republican party stands for less taxes and less government, which is just untrue, at least according to the facts and it is these, which are IMO 99% of the gay Republicans, that betray the gay "cause" for this mistaken belief and, likely, greed on many levels.
"Gay Republicans" equal only one thing, my friend- Mammon. It's all about the cash and nothing else. Every other principle is sold out to the almight dollar.

Quote:
Also, I am no Democrat
Duh.

However, oddly enough- you do something to me...

Something that simply mystifies... me
Tell me, why should it be,
You have the power to hypnotize me

Let me live 'neath your spell
*You* do that voodoo that you do so well
For you do something to me
That nobody else... could- do....
Old 11-10-2006, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Though I think being a gay republican is silly and without any point at all...I can see why people do it. Obviously their big picture political ideals take precedence over their personal political values re: their sexual identity. There is no changing the R party since they sold their souls to the religious fanatics to gain power. The party will never get it's soul back. But, I suppose it's kind of cute that the gay r's think they can change a group of people who would just as well see them dead.

Just for the record I find most dems reprehensible and idiotic these days too. For different reasons. But, there are two or three issues they usually stand up for, and it is those that swing me into their camp more often.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Though I think being a gay republican is silly and without any point at all...I can see why people do it. Obviously their big picture political ideals take precedence over their personal political values re: their sexual identity. There is no changing the R party since they sold their souls to the religious fanatics to gain power. The party will never get it's soul back. But, I suppose it's kind of cute that the gay r's think they can change a group of people who would just as well see them dead.

Just for the record I find most dems reprehensible and idiotic these days too. For different reasons. But, there are two or three issues they usually stand up for, and it is those that swing me into their camp more often.
I'm not trying to jump on your post, but I agree, and think you stated it well. I think they are working for Repubs in the old fashioned sense of what Repubs were, which was largely more like what is now considered Libertarian, sort of an Ayn Randian thing, and had much less to do with morals, and behavior, and seshuality, and unborn babies,
and much more to do with eschewing excessive government interference into business, and all aspects of life, and to let unbridled (unregulated) supply and demand rule the market (world), however it may play out, and how it always plays out is that the big companies exploit people to make huge profits, and if their money eventually gains them a monopoly, so be it. Even a vertical monopoly. And the gov't shouldn't interfere with the growth of industry and the massive prosperity that some few can realize if they have enough people working under them for few, or none, wages. And by unregulated, I mean, unregulated. In any way. It's the New Math! Is it classicly called the "Fiscal Republican"?

These are the old fashioned, pure Republican values that I think the Log Cabin Gays believe in.

Now, let us all pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and reminisce....

But for real, it was a dark day when the Republican party really took up morals in it's platform. Reagan is the...new version of that. He brought it back when everyone had worked so hard not to make it relevant.

And by "classic" Republican I mean post Lincoln, post Industrial Revolution, but pre...mmm...EisenhowereyNixon. Morals started to come a bit more into play with the Civil Rights movement, but didn't become solidified as what they are today until (IMO) after Nixon.

This is one of my favorite times for history class. 18lateish to nowish. Though most history is really interesting.

My dollar sign point oh two.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 11-10-2006 at 02:45 AM..
Old 11-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll take the bait - what exactly about the party supports you?

If you are talking about less government in our personal lives, that is bogus because the D's do a far superior job there and have done so ince the 80's because:

1. You can be fired for being gay.

2. They want to imprison you for having sex of any kind.

3. They equate being gay (i.e. you) to beastiality.

4. If you spoke at the RNC, many would openly turn there backs on you and/or kneel and pray for your salvation.

5. They want to use the govt. to make everyone conform to Evangelical values and put any resistance to such in the guise of the opponents are against God, when in reality every American is free to practice whatever religion they choose, which is different than having the government sponser ONE religion, which is the R agenda.

6. No abortions (right to autonomy, etc. ) ever - at least not for poor people because the rich can always get them no matter the legality.

If you are talking about fiscal responsibility, the D's are FAR superior to the R party and have been since the 80's. I mean look at what W has done to the economy. Moreover, yes, there was a tax cut, which did spark the economy, but the R's spending (which doubled the Federal Debt in like three years when the D's left with an economy that was imperfect, but still viable and with a little tweaking like the tax cuts would have again soared ) makes that spark moot. Each American currently owes $30,000 plus as their part of the R induced debt. That is just insane for the party of fiscal responsibility.

If you are talking about national defense, the D's are better here as well because:

1. Iraq, which should need no explanation.

2. W ignored any and all warnings from Clinton (who caught and prosecuted terrorists and prevented terrorist attacks, though some occured) about OBL and Al-Q and instead concentrated on Iraq. Then, after failing to do anything about the Cole bombing, W gets caught off guard (though vaguely forewarned) on 9/11, he piddles for a month or two in Afgan., let's OBL escape, and then fails to learn his lesson and refocuses on Iraq, which he insisted on onvading even though he knew they posed far less of a threat (if at all) than he lead us to believe and he lied about Iraq's oil revenues paying for the war and reconstruction.

In sum, I am all for less govt. and lower taxes. But, to say the R's had advocated anything like that for the last quarter of a century is just wrong, misguided, and assinine.
I think I am going to have this post framed. FRAMED I tell ya!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This country began its downhill slide with Reagan. for true. Only bright spots since then were Carter and Clinton.

Brandon is now a caricature, spoof worthy.