The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just wanted to let everyone know that Dolly's new song, that she sang last night, is a FREE download on iTunes this week. Go download it now for free!!! It's a pretty good tune.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
Huh?
Yep, she's racist. There was an article awhile back in I think Glamour magazine and she started going off about how she "can't trust white women" and how she's always really suspicious of white women in general, what their agenda is, blablabla. Oh, that's real nice, is that what you're teaching your kids? Christ, if she said that about ANY other group of people she would have been crucified. Like if she couldn't trust Muslim women or Indian women or gay women, it would've been a major issue, but those little comments of hers went unnoticed and it really chaffed me. So yeah, I don't like Jada. Or her freaky man arms.

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question What the...??

What an ignorant, ridiculous thing to say. Apparently, someone did her wrong in the past.

I wasn't aware of any agenda that we have. Can anyone fill me in?
Old 03-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
What an ignorant, ridiculous thing to say. Apparently, someone did her wrong in the past.

I wasn't aware of any agenda that we have. Can anyone fill me in?
I couldn't tell you what her thinking was behind this, but apparently white women have something up their collective sleeves. Nice, eh? Stupid, racist Jada.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Or her freaky man arms.
Okay, but now you are prejudiced against people with kick ass muscly arms. You just insulted me and my people. Nice, Rachel. Nice. Don't hate, flabalot!

Reverse racism pisses me off, though.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Okay, but now you are prejudiced against people with kick ass muscly arms. You just insulted me and my people. Nice, Rachel. Nice. Don't hate, flabalot!

Reverse racism pisses me off, though.
Oh I'm proud of my freaky man-arm hatred...that **** is wrong. There's nothing wrong with some nice arm tone - which I am completely lacking...but when a woman's arms are all ropey and veiny and bulging without flexing I can't help but kinda wretch. My apologies if you have ropey Madonna arms.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Oh I'm proud of my freaky man-arm hatred...that **** is wrong. There's nothing wrong with some nice arm tone - which I am completely lacking...but when a woman's arms are all ropey and veiny and bulging without flexing I can't help but kinda wretch. My apologies if you have ropey Madonna arms.
They're not ropy, they're more bulky and muscly. Good cuts, round upper arm muscle.
I'm really against girls who think muscles on other girls look bad. Guess this is the end of our friendship. How sad. My arms were my favorite part of my body.
Although, I'm against girls with no muscle definition or bulk. Girls with straight, nearly shapeless legs and arms, flat butts. Just general non muscly-ness. Perhaps it will turn out that we are even.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 03-07-2006 at 01:54 AM..
Old 03-07-2006, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=amber]They're not ropy, they're more bulky and muscly. Good cuts, round upper arm muscle.
I'm really against girls who think muscles on other girls look bad. Guess this is the end of our friendship. How sad. My arms were my favorite part of my body.
Although, I'm against girls with no muscle definition or bulk. Girls with straight, nearly shapeless legs and arms, flat butts. Just general non muscly-ness. Perhaps it will turn out that we are even.
See, here's how they were when i was thin and working out a lot. You may want to glance quickly if you are very sensitive. To be fair, I am flexing them.
Ready? Don't be scared...try not to scream ....I tried to make it smaller, but it didn't work....

Okay, so you're flexing so I'm not that scared. Okay, maybe a little. Actually, as much as I hate to admit, you look crappin' good.
And you would haaaaaate me. I have skinnyish arms that have never seen a hand-weight. And my ass is embarrassingly flat, but I'm trying to work on that. I've heard that lunges are good. I walk everywhere, but that's as far as the exercises go. I was smoking AND drinking tonight and I consider that multi-tasking.

Last edited by Red; 03-07-2006 at 01:57 AM..
Old 03-07-2006, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Okay, so you're flexing so I'm not that scared. Okay, maybe a little. Actually, as much as I hate to admit, you look crappin' good.
And you would haaaaaate me. I have skinnyish arms that have never seen a hand-weight. And my ass is embarrassingly flat, but I'm trying to work on that. I've heard that lunges are good. I walk everywhere, but that's as far as the exercises go. I was smoking AND drinking tonight and I consider that multi-tasking.

Okay, we'll call it even.

Oh, can you edit your post to take my pic out? I'm erasing it. Thanks.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Okay, we'll call it even.

Oh, can you edit your post to take my pic out? I'm erasing it. Thanks.
Done.
Although I don't know why, you looked hot! Bitchin' outfit too!

Old 03-07-2006, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Done.
Although I don't know why, you looked hot! Bitchin' outfit too!
Thanks! I just felt tool like keeping the pic up in the Oscar thread. Massive threadjack.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks! I just felt tool like keeping the pic up in the Oscar thread. Massive threadjack.
Meh, we're 21 pages in, in was a matter of time. By the way, those arms were OSCAR-worthy, so there, we're still on topic.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Meh, we're 21 pages in, in was a matter of time. By the way, those arms were OSCAR-worthy, so there, we're still on topic.

flattery is awesome.

Old 03-07-2006, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a little note to say that I watched the show twice yesterday (!) and I loved Jon Stewart as the host. I absolutely hate the Daily Show, but I thought he was very funny at the Oscars.
Now, as to the awards
I was very happy about Reese Witherspoon and George Clooney (even though I would have preferred it if he won Director- loved his speech btw).
Ohter than that, there was no category that had any surprise element and that makes the show a bit boring to me.
I knew PSH win for Capote, Ang Lee also and I wasn't that surprised about Crash. There was too much hype lately and it is not so rare anymore to "split" Director and Picture. I haven't seen BBM or Crash yet, but from what I have read and seen so far, I have the feeling that Crash is not what I would call a great movie. But I haven't always agreed with the Academy's voting (*cough* Gladiator, Beautiful Mind *cough*), so well...

On another note, I would like to say something about actors portraying real characters: I think PSH is a very good and talented actor, but yes, I DO believe that playing a real person is easier than creating a whole new character from scratch, and make it believable and worth watching. I don't mean to say that it comes down to "better" or "worse" acting - it is just different. It's a whole other thing to create someone new, with believable reaction and another thing to pick up an existing person's reactions and facial expressions and reproduce them on screen. It might be hard, it might be difficult, it might be something that only good actors can do, but IMO IT IS JUST NOT ACTING. I am not particularly talking about PSH, because I do believe that he went far beyond that (as well as Joachin Pheonix as Johnny Cash) but Jamie Foxx's oscar win for Ray was ridiculous to say the least.
That's why I was so glad about Reese (and would have also been about Joachin Phoenix had he won). They both totally owned the screen and never - not for one second- did they give the impression that they were just mimicking a real person's expressions&attitude.

It also reminds me of Gwyneth Paltrow's win in Shakespeare in love (fictional character) over Cate Blanchett for Elizabeth (not fictional at all). I know many people thought it was a joke, but if you think about it, it was totally deserved (that comes from someone who thinks that Gwyneth is a lousy actress). IMO it is easy for a normal actor, with medium acting skills to portray an historical person, where everything is sort of given and you have something to refer to. What is not easy, is to make a fictional character believable and not laughable.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Or her freaky man arms.