The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now, even if we find out who the culprit was, it won't really change my opinion of him or her. People are complicated, relationships are complicated, and money and fame make these sorts of relationships even more so. There are two sides to every story.

But since I am one to engage in idle gossip, I'm going with Christine.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I guess you are all assuming that it is one of the inner five. Perhaps Peter Green refused to be inducted or photographed with FM unless Bob was kept out?
Ooh yes! maybe he was peeved about 'Cheese in The Hair" ! ! lmao,that always cracks me up in Rock Family Trees
Old 06-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippityP View Post
Oh man....head kisses.

Yeah, sorry about posting a 13:00 video without indicating the 'time of incident,' if you will...

It's around 9:26

Bob is mentioned again at 10:22
LMFAO! That interview was funny from the start, because of the little "spat" between Chris and John when talking about their marriage, Chris' giggle when Bob's name was mentioned, her long look of disbelief when she saw Lindsey kissing Stevie's head and the simple fact that throughout the interview she was practically gasping for air like a fish!
Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just looking at Christine, was anybody REALLY shocked she quit the band? She looked like she aged five years just in the span of that interview!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Just looking at Christine, was anybody REALLY shocked she quit the band? She looked like she aged five years just in the span of that interview!
Christine's hair in the video made me wonder if she'd been sick before then. Of course, by the time they toured, she was wearing extra hair.

Michele
Old 06-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember hers and John's tone when Mick mentioned Bob Welch. It was chilling. Mick did not seem to have any malice, though he did nothing to smooth over the moment.

But I still don't think one person in particular has that kind of pull re: RRHOF. I can imagine Christine was loathe to share any honor with Bob at that point, but John and Mick would have had to agree with her in order for this to happen, if indeed it did happen--and I believe it did. If they wanted to push for Bob to be honored, they would have gotten their wish. All three of them were, at the very least, complicit in the RRHOF decision, though I suspect much more than this.

Christine may have looked a tad aged at the time of the dance but her vocal and instrumental chops were in great shape. That's what matters to me.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine's hair in the video made me wonder if she'd been sick before then. Of course, by the time they toured, she was wearing extra hair.

Michele
I thought this might be possible, too, though she was wearing short hair for at least a year before the reunion (remember the Two Sticks and a Drum doc?) so maybe it was just a style choice. Long hair = rock star, short hair = suburban lady....that sort of thing...
Old 06-18-2012, 03:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
so maybe it was just a style choice. Long hair = rock star, short hair = suburban lady....that sort of thing...
I agree with you, Aleuzzi. I think it was only a style choice, a bobs with fringe that was often used in the 90's, but I don't know why she reminds me of Lady Diana, who died that year:

And for the aging, I think Chris was still very very sexy, both in 1997 than in 2009 in the last pics where she was walking out her dogs!

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-18-2012 at 03:36 AM..
Old 06-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippityP View Post
Oh man....head kisses.

Yeah, sorry about posting a 13:00 video without indicating the 'time of incident,' if you will...

It's around 9:26

Bob is mentioned again at 10:22
WOW. To me, that smirk speaks volumes.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
All of their body language is so tense.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
WOW. To me, that smirk speaks volumes.
Whoa! I just saw that. Miss Christine threw some shade!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
I have thought the same thing. There are videos/photos during that tour when it seemed pretty obvious to me she was wearing either a wig or hairpieces of some sort.

I just don't think it would be a question of "style" and wanting long hair to be more of a "rock chick"... that really doesn't seem her personality to care about that, and let's face it, they weren't kids in their 20s or even 30s at that point and they were rock legends, so they/she had nothing to prove to anyone in terms of appearances.

I've always wondered about the constant cigarettes, and having come from a family of heavy smokers I've seen how that impacts one's health....
Old 06-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I have thought the same thing. There are videos/photos during that tour when it seemed pretty obvious to me she was wearing either a wig or hairpieces of some sort.

I just don't think it would be a question of "style" and wanting long hair to be more of a "rock chick"... that really doesn't seem her personality to care about that, and let's face it, they weren't kids in their 20s or even 30s at that point and they were rock legends, so they/she had nothing to prove to anyone in terms of appearances.

I've always wondered about the constant cigarettes, and having come from a family of heavy smokers I've seen how that impacts one's health....
She might also just have wanted a bit more hair. Everyone's hair thins a bit with age. I once read that you have half as many hairs at 50 as you do at 15. I don't think Christine was sick--just that she wanted a bit of extra volume and probably used some sort of hair piece or fall.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Christine may have looked a tad aged at the time of the dance but her vocal and instrumental chops were in great shape. That's what matters to me.
Christine looked beautiful during The Dance. She didn't look aged to me, just the opposite. She looked like she may have had a facelift, but she looked good, not like Joan Rivers. Her face looked great on the DVD and her body was out of this world.

The only thing that looked bad was the airbrushing they did in photos then and for her Meantime publicity, where she did not even resemble herself. That was outrageous. The woman in those pictures was like a stand in, rather than Christine.

As for the RRHOF, um, it was probably her. I'll tell you something, I've never thought she was nice, exactly. She loves her dogs and her brother and his kids and, I think, the other 4 members of FM -- everyone knows the 4 I'm talking aobut. That's all the loyalty I think she needs to have, in the great scheme of things.

Michele
Old 06-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Also, let me precede this by saying we can't trust the people on these bulletin boards. They're the ones who spread the rumor that she would perform with SYW in London during the SYW tour. So, take it with a grain of salt, but back in the nineties there were rumors that she had dealt with cancer and chemo.

Michele