User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine looked beautiful during The Dance. She didn't look aged to me, just the opposite. She looked like she may have had a facelift, but she looked good, not like Joan Rivers. Her face looked great on the DVD and her body was out of this world.

The only thing that looked bad was the airbrushing they did in photos then and for her Meantime publicity, where she did not even resemble herself. That was outrageous. The woman in those pictures was like a stand in, rather than Christine.

Michele
Michele, really, you need to get out of my head!

I also thought she looked great during the Dance and somewhere in that time frame appeared to have had *some* kind of work done, especially around the eyes.... but overall she still looks great and cannot get over how effing thin she has stayed as she has aged ......(said with envy)
Old 06-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I just don't think it would be a question of "style" and wanting long hair to be more of a "rock chick"... that really doesn't seem her personality to care about that, and let's face it, they weren't kids in their 20s or even 30s at that point and they were rock legends, so they/she had nothing to prove to anyone in terms of appearances.
Oh, I think she wanted to look good and she succeeded. She never had the thickest hair anyway, but on top of the hair, it looked like she'd had a face lift. I think all 3 wanted to look good.

Heck, even John dyed his hair for SYW. He wanted to look good as well. As for Mick, He probably thinks he does look good.

I'm sure Lindsey didn't exactly want to be chubby for his return to the spotlight either in 1997. But it was what it was.

Michele
Old 06-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

The only thing that looked bad was the airbrushing they did in photos then and for her Meantime publicity, where she did not even resemble herself. That was outrageous. The woman in those pictures was like a stand in, rather than Christine.

As for the RRHOF, um, it was probably her. I'll tell you something, I've never thought she was nice, exactly. She loves her dogs and her brother and his kids and, I think, the other 4 members of FM -- everyone knows the 4 I'm talking aobut. That's all the loyalty I think she needs to have, in the great scheme of things.

Michele
Yeah, ITM airbrushing was AWFUL. Know what? She probably needed another facelift, and doesn't want to fool with that stuff anymore, and just told them to Photoshop it(even though they went too far).

I HATE HATE HATE it, to think that Bob was kept out, because of Chris' bitterness. My favorite incarnation of the band!
And I agree on not always thinking she was nice. I think she has her little circle that she "lets in", but not the rest of the world. And as much as it's always been my dream to meet her(and hang out and kill a couple bottles of wine, in fantasy land), if she was a total bi*ch, it would break my heart.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, ITM airbrushing was AWFUL. Know what? She probably needed another facelift, and doesn't want to fool with that stuff anymore, and just told them to Photoshop it(even though they went too far).

I HATE HATE HATE it, to think that Bob was kept out, because of Chris' bitterness. My favorite incarnation of the band!
And I agree on not always thinking she was nice. I think she has her little circle that she "lets in", but not the rest of the world. And as much as it's always been my dream to meet her(and hang out and kill a couple bottles of wine, in fantasy land), if she was a total bi*ch, it would break my heart.
It's clear that ultimately they just didn't get on. Whatever else she may be, Christine is a tough old bird and you don't cross her.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After 22 pages in this thread I've not read all posts but, checking the latests.. I am understanding BW didn't go th RRHOF induction... because Christine didn't want him there?? because of her bitterness?

Oh sure that's correct. She even forced the Queen to go back to London for Diana's tribute, and not Tony Blair. She probably ordered Nixon to quit after Watergate.. and so on..

Oh, by the way... just for the record... Bob Welch has died. His third wife, Wendy, survives him.

Robert Lawrence Welch, guitarist and songwriter, born 31 July 1946; died 7 June 2012. Rest in Peace.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
After 22 pages in this thread I've not read all posts but, checking the latests.. I am understanding BW didn't go th RRHOF induction... because Christine didn't want him there?? because of her bitterness?

Oh sure that's correct. She even forced the Queen to go back to London for Diana's tribute, and not Tony Blair. She probably ordered Nixon to quit after Watergate.. and so on..

Oh, by the way... just for the record... Bob Welch has died. His third wife, Wendy, survives him.

Robert Lawrence Welch, guitarist and songwriter, born 31 July 1946; died 7 June 2012. Rest in Peace.
"We" always assumed that it was Mick's fault that Bob wasn't inducted. Wendy pointed out, a few days ago, that it wasn't Mick. Then, she later said it wasn't Mick OR John. When you take into account that Bob was suing for unpaid royalties(and he couldn't have been suing Lindsey or Stevie, in any way, right?[or does the fact that they became full blown members make them liable, too???]{I guess, would the lawsuit involve the members of FM, when HE was a member, or FM, the corporation(any current shareholder)?}). SOOO, if my above ~assumption~ is true, it pretty much only leaves Chris as the one who said she wouldn't attend, if Bob was inducted....

Yeah, we're still all guessing.....
Old 06-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
It's clear that ultimately they just didn't get on. Whatever else she may be, Christine is a tough old bird and you don't cross her.
Yeah, if nothing else, we've always known that Chris was never one you'd want to cross. Lord pity da fool who does!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
From Bob's (Wendy's ) FB page comments, a guy named Jimmy Robinson wrote:

Originally Bob was invited some one said , I won't attend if he comes , Mick was put between a rock and a hard place not to say there was not pressure everywhere else either . Mick had no choice but to not invite Bob or he would of had the whole damn mess fall apart in his face , and there would have been no inductions at all ...
On his Facebook page, Jimmy Robinson refers to Bob as his brother-in-law; in other words, they had a personal as well as professional relationship. If Jimmy Robinson made a comment about the situation on Facebook and then took it down, maybe he decided it was disrespectful to Bob's memory to be inciting this sort of speculation. I think Wendy herself has said she wishes she hadn't said anything.

I'm not saying we should stop talking about this. But for myself, before I post anything, either here or on any other internet forum, I will ask myself if I'm being respectful to Bob's memory, and to Wendy's feelings. The answer to that question will guide my decision about whether to post a comment.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Go to about 0:23 or so and watch what happens. I think I see the legendary Christine McVie sarcasm.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've heard from every old band members, but ntr from anyone in
Fleetwood Mac, but Mick. All the Seven Souls, and everybody in Avenue M and everybody in The Touch, but Dallas Taylor. Al the Capitol people he worked with and even Carl Bermstein from Woodward and Bertein Water gate fame he was so kind. But I must admit I'n a ilittle hurt by some that haven't called.

Holy Crap! Carl Bernstein is a Bob Welch fan!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
not saying we should stop talking about this. But for myself, before I post anything, either here or on any other internet forum, I will ask myself if I'm being respectful to Bob's memory, and to Wendy's feelings.
I do think we should. Maybe there should be another thread to discuss sarcasms and attitudes.

Robert Lawrence Welch, guitarist and songwriter, born 31 July 1946; died 7 June 2012. Rest in Peace
Old 06-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

This made my evening!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I've heard from every old band members, but ntr from anyone in
Fleetwood Mac, but Mick. All the Seven Souls, and everybody in Avenue M and everybody in The Touch, but Dallas Taylor. Al the Capitol people he worked with and even Carl Bermstein from Woodward and Bertein Water gate fame he was so kind. But I must admit I'n a ilittle hurt by some that haven't called.

Dallas Taylor, inspiration for Stevie's song For What It's Worth?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I do respect all your opinions and don't want to fight, please understand me. It's time to end the allegations, in respect of Bob and his wife. I just wanted to say something, since I saw my baby was "attacked". First of all, I do not see so much sarcasm in that video, but something different. I'd have definitely reacted like her too, shaking my head and smiling, because Bob was very flashy and flamboyant on stage: nothing wrong, but too much for a quiet and classy lady like her. Bob's behaviour was a little bit "commanding" towards her and I noticed that, being myself a quiet and a little bit shy person too, in the long run sticky and exuberant people starts to bother me too (and I'm NOT a hurtful or bitter person!).
I don't even think Chris is a cruel and ruthless person. She was just annoyed, that is different and obviously she knows the reason why. She was also stressed and had a lot of problems near the end of her marriage, so it's understandable that every little thing irritated her.
Anyway (so I end my final comment in this thread) I don't think Chris has/had enemies, not even Bob, since even in two different ways they were pleasant people. Only the two of them knew what happened and frictions started before the lawsuit. Two people can't always get along, or do it only to make people happy, specially if they are so different (not only temperamentally).
I'm sure his wife is not happy that after his death fans started to fight about wich members of FM was more bastard than the other towards Bob, trying to find the "monster" and put it to shame, etc...I'm sure she now want people to stand united and pray for his soul and for her, since she will need a lot of strenght to go on now.
I read on her FB page that she'd like to put a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Bob, so she's asking people some advices on how to do it. Maybe some of you could help her.
This is only my opinion on the whole story as a Chris fan, with all due respect to Bob, his family and wife (to which my condolences goes out) and all his fans, 'cos I'll never blame Chris for what happened.

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-19-2012 at 01:51 AM..
Old 06-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres interview with Dick Clark with Bob on American Bandstand.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016