User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's because a lot of Fleetwood Mac fans want a new album. And even if we like Stevie, some of us will direct the anger where the evidence takes us.

If Lindsey kept insinuating he wasn't on board for a new album whilst Christine and Stevie had recorded 8 tracks together and were waiting for him to show up... Well, I would bet all the money in my pockets that the chiffon heads would be madder than a ghost in the fog, on a staircase, with dark make up, in the winter, without any boots.
And that's the truth!
I would be fine with that...Bye Bye LB...Bring in Peter Frampton to take over...A lot of his '70's hits would fit right in with the FM setlist...Peter can play and sing and they've toured together before...
Old 02-17-2015, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I would be fine with that...Bye Bye LB...Bring in Peter Frampton to take over...A lot of his '70's hits would fit right in with the FM setlist...Peter can play and sing and they've toured together before...
OR, just bring back Billy and Rick.

Richard Thompson would be the best choice. He writes great pop songs about breaking up and other dark themes. He's a revered folk-rock guitarist who wasn't particularly influenced by the blues. He's known for choosing artistry over profits and isn't afraid to experiment with music. He made an album and toured with his wife while going through a pretty bitter divorce (only, that was a van tour). I can't imagine a more empathetic figure that could still push the band's creative envelope.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-17-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Old 02-17-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Now now, you're gonna make the shippers mad...

How about Tom Petty? Don't think he would accept but they could play the new Sam Smith tune on tour..
Old 02-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now now, you're gonna make the shippers mad...

How about Tom Petty? Don't think he would accept but they could play the new Sam Smith tune on tour..

That may be the quote of the week.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-17-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

That may be the quote of the week.
Can you imagine? We diehards would be crapping ourselves having to listen to Sam Smith during a FMac concert.

I bet Petty could do some Welch tunes; but, we'd need someone to play lead guitar.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-17-2015 at 05:54 PM..
Old 02-17-2015, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's your prerogative to be convinced of whatever you wish.

it's a problem when you are telling everyone else to stfu based on your flawed "information".

the last time anybody heard from a band member about the state of the album, who is on board and who is not, and possibility of releasing it without Stevie was most probably 2 days ago at Mick's m&g in Chicago.
So, I guess you're the expert on this topic, huh? The stfu was based on the negativity regarding Stevie and whether she'll appear on this studio album or not. It was all in fun, people can be so touchy as "Rizzo" once said.

Back on topic, the fans who visit here are obsessed with the band, including myself. Let's talk about the general public and the casual Fleetwood Mac fan for a minute. Nobody would be interested in a new FM album that does not include ALL the members. The band should not even do a new studio album unless it consists of these 5 people. As for new Christine or Lindsey tracks, they should hold those for solo albums (if the FM reunion album fails to happen).
Old 02-17-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
So, I guess you're the expert on this topic, huh? The stfu was based on the negativity regarding Stevie and whether she'll appear on this studio album or not. It was all in fun, people can be so touchy as "Rizzo" once said.

Back on topic, the fans who visit here are obsessed with the band, including myself. Let's talk about the general public and the casual Fleetwood Mac fan for a minute. Nobody would be interested in a new FM album that does not include ALL the members. The band should not even do a new studio album unless it consists of these 5 people. As for new Christine or Lindsey tracks, they should hold those for solo albums (if the FM reunion album fails to happen).
Talk about having a crystal ball.... just sayin'.. These other four artists deserve to put out an album if they want to. It may not sell well, but I certainly would buy it. Just like FMac deserved to move on without Christine and 1988 and 1990 without Lindsey.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ We here would be interested, but I highly doubt the masses would give a sh*t. No crystal ball here either.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
^ We here would be interested, but I highly doubt the masses would give a sh*t. No crystal ball here either.
Some of the best art made is where the divas and masses aren't present. I could give a **** about Stevie's ego. Her music contributions interest me more.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^I totally agree!
Old 02-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can you imagine? We diehards would be crapping ourselves having to listen to Sam Smith during a FMac concert.

I bet Petty could do some Welch tunes; but, we'd need someone to play lead guitar.
He could always bring his partner in crime...But seeing as how all the non Stevie fans don't like him I don't think it would go over so well...But then again we would get "Oh Well"

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 02-17-2015 at 07:17 PM..
Old 02-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, I guess you're the expert on this topic, huh?
you asked, i responded. the polite thing would be to say thank you.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Multiple people have said MULTIPLE times they would be perfectly fine with a Fleetwood Mac album minus Stevie.
yup. and that includes fans and at least some of the masses who don't even know who's in the band.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup. and that includes fans and at least some of the masses who don't even know who's in the band.
I'm a fan of the band and a fan of Stevie's and I'd be fine with a Mac album without her on it. I'd prefer one with her, but if she refuses to participate, for whatever reason (and at this stage in the game most reasons are bs), then I think the band should go on without her.

There's already enough 'coulda, shoulda, woulda' in the history of this band. No need to create more.

And if people can't engage in polite exchange on here, maybe they should go to another fan site.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Lindsey kept insinuating he wasn't on board for a new album whilst Christine and Stevie had recorded 8 tracks together and were waiting for him to show up... Well, I would bet all the money in my pockets that the chiffon heads would be madder than a ghost in the fog, on a staircase, with dark make up, in the winter, without any boots.
And that's the truth!
All right, as a Chiffonhead I'll bite. What would really make me mad is if Chris and Stevie wouldn't release their collaborations just because LB wasn't involved. As you said....

Quote:
These other four artists deserve to put out an album if they want to. It may not sell well, but I certainly would buy it. Just like FMac deserved to move on without Christine and 1988 and 1990 without Lindsey.
Contrary to many opinions, no one is stopping them from doing just that (other than themselves).