User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Nothing yet because I am installing XP for like the hundredth time. But I will be listening to Blondie, The Platinum Collection shortly.
Doesn't XP just chap your ass? I despise it. There are updates every few days and it drives me mad. Make sure you have the new "Pack 2" installed or else you're looking at heaps of spyware and a very unstable and virus-prone internet connection, dear.

I think I'll pop in the Platinum Collection, too, I want to hear Platinum Blonde for some reason. Love that demo.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Doesn't XP just chap your ass? I despise it. There are updates every few days and it drives me mad. Make sure you have the new "Pack 2" installed or else you're looking at heaps of spyware and a very unstable and virus-prone internet connection, dear.

I think I'll pop in the Platinum Collection, too, I want to hear Platinum Blonde for some reason. Love that demo.
XP is a pain but still better than the others were. I had that spyware on my machine before and had to jump through hoops to get it off. I had to boot into protected mode and delete stuff from the registry. Thank God for google!

I've got Jet's "Cold Hard Bitch" running through my head right now because I just saw my favorite local band on Sun and they do a great cover. They're such rockers I love them.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm watching all the FM videos. Paper Doll is on. It's my least favorite video....oh, Everywhere is pretty bad, too.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"April Fools" and "Foolish Love" by Rufus Wainwright...
Old 02-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pearl Jam - Corduroy
Collective Soul - December
Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman Behind The Counter in a Small Town
Nirvana - About a Girl
Pearl Jam - Even Flow

You know, this is great music to put off a research project to.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Currently...

goin' through my cassette collection and transferring tape to disc, So I am listening to each tape for possible error before burning...Currently listening to "No Turning Back" by Heaven from their "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" release (I love their cover version of the Dylan classic "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" more than any version that has been recorded.)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart of Glass. Why oh why have I let Blondie collect dust for so many years?
Old 02-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I sure as hell did not. I have played my "Best of Blondie" since I got it in like 1992 - in fact, I have had to buy more than one due to the wear and tear

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Beats me.

I just downloaded a fab interview with Debs yesterday from the BBC and it was fantastic, one of the better interview I've ever seen. I'll get the link and post it for you. She talks about her finding her birth mother and being rejected by her, how people assume she's sitting on millions of dollars when she really has no money to speak of, etc. It's really good.

Old 02-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Beats me.

I just downloaded a fab interview with Debs yesterday from the BBC and it was fantastic, one of the better interview I've ever seen. I'll get the link and post it for you. She talks about her finding her birth mother and being rejected by her, how people assume she's sitting on millions of dollars when she really has no money to speak of, etc. It's really good.
Sweet. She sounds very interesting. I don't know much about her really. She has no money? No royalties?
Old 02-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sweet. She sounds very interesting. I don't know much about her really. She has no money? No royalties?
She doesn't even own a big lavish house, she lives in an apartment. They had bad managers from the get-go, he had them sign bad contracts, and they pretty much made *nothing* from their albums, singles, and tours. None of them had a cent when they broke up in the 80s. They finally sued in '98 to get some of the action. Can you imagine, though, being so successful and everyone profits from it but you? I'd go insane.

Here's the interview (it's half an hour, though): http://rip-her-to-shreds.com/archive...myvine2004.php

It's a hoot when she says that if she ever goes crazy, she's going to go back and take revenge on the suits that ripped her off.

AND - she's writing her autobiography right now. Michael Musto spilled the beans in his Village Voice column last week, he said something along the lines of "Deborah Harry is now writing her tell-all- and I do mean all."

Old 02-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She doesn't even own a big lavish house, she lives in an apartment. They had bad managers from the get-go, he had them sign bad contracts, and they pretty much made *nothing* from their albums, singles, and tours. None of them had a cent when they broke up in the 80s. They finally sued in '98 to get some of the action. Can you imagine, though, being so successful and everyone profits from it but you? I'd go insane.

Here's the interview (it's half an hour, though): http://rip-her-to-shreds.com/archive...myvine2004.php

It's a hoot when she says that if she ever goes crazy, she's going to go back and take revenge on the suits that ripped her off.

AND - she's writing her autobiography right now. Michael Musto spilled the beans in his Village Voice column last week, he said something along the lines of "Deborah Harry is now writing her tell-all- and I do mean all."
Oh that's exciting! I love reading rocker bios! Thanks for the URL. No, I can't imagine not profiting from doing my JOB. Bastards. Now what about the publishing rights to the songs, who has those?
Old 02-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh that's exciting! I love reading rocker bios! Thanks for the URL. No, I can't imagine not profiting from doing my JOB. Bastards. Now what about the publishing rights to the songs, who has those?
I'm not keen on the details because they were never publicized, but I believe that before the suit, Chrysalis had the rights to all of the songs, but they're now jointly owned between them and the band. The band has the rights to all the No Exit and beyond stuff. It would chap my ass to not have made a cent off of all the hits after 20+ years.

I can't wait for her book, it should be quite juicy. She's led one of the more interesting lives of the many rock stars out there.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not keen on the details because they were never publicized, but I believe that before the suit, Chrysalis had the rights to all of the songs, but they're now jointly owned between them and the band. The band has the rights to all the No Exit and beyond stuff. It would chap my ass to not have made a cent off of all the hits after 20+ years.

I can't wait for her book, it should be quite juicy. She's led one of the more interesting lives of the many rock stars out there.
She looks fantastic! I couldn't help myself I had to play it right away. "God bless you if you think I'm sexy."
Old 02-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She looks fantastic! I couldn't help myself I had to play it right away. "God bless you if you think I'm sexy."
She does look great. I love that clip from the Maria video that they play, she looks smoking. Here's another great video worth watching (No Exit) that I found yesterday just because she's so hot in it:

http://www.tikilab.com/video_blondie-no_exit.shtml