User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
She doesn't even own a big lavish house, she lives in an apartment.
It is a three bedroom with views of the Hudson, etc. She hardly is slumming

Also, does she own it? I know she said apartment, but in NYC that term does not mean a renter.

In any event, Chrysalis handled many big acts. I think they also handled Pat Benatar. I wonder if those other acts were bound by the same contracts?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
It is a three bedroom with views of the Hudson, etc. She hardly is slumming

Also, does she own it? I know she said apartment, but in NYC that term does not mean a renter.
I think we can carefully infer that Deborah Harry is not "slumming" and that she owns her apartment, my dear. My point was that she is not very wealthy, especially considering how much wealth she should have after such a prosperous career. Doesn't mean she doesn't have some money in the bank. I just find it sad that someone can work that hard (and be so successful) and be taken for such a ride. She even said in that interview that were many things she would have liked to have done but couldn't because of financial constraints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
In any event, Chrysalis handled many big acts. I think they also handled Pat Benatar. I wonder if those other acts were bound by the same contracts?
I don't think it was just Chrysalis, I think it was Chrysalis coupled with bad management. What kind of manager has their artist sign a contract for three albums a year?

In any event, show me an artist who hasn't had problems with Chrysalis. They were the pits.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think we can carefully infer that Deborah Harry is not "slumming" and that she owns her apartment, my dear. My point was that she is not very wealthy, especially considering how much wealth she should have after such a prosperous career. Doesn't mean she doesn't have some money in the bank. I just find it sad that someone can work that hard (and be so successful) and be taken for such a ride. She even said in that interview that were many things she would have liked to have done but couldn't because of financial constraints.
Oh I know - on reread, I implied that unintentionally. I was really just asking, etc. I agree she should have WAY more $$$$$$ than she apparently does and apparently so did the powers to be because she got some sort of settlement, which they would not have given out of the kindness in their heart .

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I can't wait for her book, it should be quite juicy. She's led one of the more interesting lives of the many rock stars out there.
Omigod, Omigod!! Yeepes! I hope her bandmates don't get mad about anything she says, though. Cause I want them to play together forever.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Omigod, Omigod!! Yeepes! I hope her bandmates don't get mad about anything she says, though. Cause I want them to play together forever.
Well, there's already something going on between Jimmy Destri and the rest of the band...

Old 02-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Well, there's already something going on between Jimmy Destri and the rest of the band...
Dammit! Well, bring on the book, then, I can't wait! She's a very interesting lady.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Currently...

"Sonata No.1 for 'Cello and Piano, Op.38 in E Minor" played by Yo-Yo Ma, composed by Johannes Brahms

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Led Zeppelin- II
Old 02-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Currently...

an album I recommend to all, the first solo release by Richie Sambora (Of Bon Jovi fame) titled "Stranger in this Town".

Currently on the track "Mr.Bluesman", Which is about Mr.Eric Clapton, Who even plays the guitar solo on this track...This disc also features Bekka Bramlett on backing vocals.

A definite different sound (ie-bluesy) than the type of sound usually associated with Mr.Sambora while in Bon Jovi.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-23-2005, 10:05 PM
DeadliestPoison
This message has been deleted by DeadliestPoison.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
an album I recommend to all, the first solo release by Richie Sambora (Of Bon Jovi fame) titled "Stranger in this Town".

Currently on the track "Mr.Bluesman", Which is about Mr.Eric Clapton, Who even plays the guitar solo on this track...This disc also features Bekka Bramlett on backing vocals.

A definite different sound (ie-bluesy) than the type of sound usually associated with Mr.Sambora while in Bon Jovi.
Thanks for the tip, it sounds really cool. Right now I'm not listening to anything, just about to check out for the evening.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Trouble in Shangri La

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

local weatherman
Old 02-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
local weatherman
We're gonna get snow for a week straight.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We're gonna get snow for a week straight.

I.will.be.pissed. if we get snow. I'm driving to Roanoke for job interviews on Monday. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 02-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She doesn't even own a big lavish house, she lives in an apartment. They had bad managers from the get-go, he had them sign bad contracts, and they pretty much made *nothing* from their albums, singles, and tours. None of them had a cent when they broke up in the 80s. They finally sued in '98 to get some of the action. Can you imagine, though, being so successful and everyone profits from it but you? I'd go insane.

Here's the interview (it's half an hour, though): http://rip-her-to-shreds.com/archive...myvine2004.php

It's a hoot when she says that if she ever goes crazy, she's going to go back and take revenge on the suits that ripped her off.

AND - she's writing her autobiography right now. Michael Musto spilled the beans in his Village Voice column last week, he said something along the lines of "Deborah Harry is now writing her tell-all- and I do mean all."
Oh.My.God. I finally watched this interview tonight. She's so deep, so thoughtful, so charming, so straightfoward, so smart...I could go on and on. And that face. And I totally understood her transient emotions ie, "yeah, I was very mad about that before, but now I don't really care". And so much more.<3 times a billion. Her eyes are otherworldly. I think I wept for a moment.
Guy:"Is fame all it's cracked up to be?"
Debbie:"Yes, i suppose it is..."

Last edited by amber; 02-24-2005 at 02:54 AM..