User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone
Wow, Brwn_eyes, you really luhluh loaf, Luf, LLove her!
You are her champion! Be sure she is worthy.
Trust me there are more devoted fans than me out there...the "I'm going to stalk you and find your address because I love you so much and I know you must have the same feelings, now say it Ann damn it, you WILL MARRY ME!" kind, and they CAN BE SCARY!

No, really, I am a huge fan I will admit (and my home is at the www.anncoulter.com message board with lots of other fans...*sigh*). But all of us who have an interest in politics usually have that person who just makes us week in the knees. I know there aren't TYPICALLY good looking people in politics...but sometimes there are exceptions!
Old 10-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Which, yet again (I really do get sick of pointing this out) shows how LITTLE you know about Ann or even what the majority of conservatives believe for that matter.
So, what is it that the majority believes? Are you denying that the vast majority supports abstinence-only sex education?
Old 10-07-2005, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
So, what is it that the majority believes? Are you denying that the vast majority supports abstinence-only sex education?
Oh no...not that part! I am agree with that.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ohhh...she is going to LOVE this!

When it comes to Harriet Miers, Ann Coulter is right
The president has always said that he's a "uniter, not a divider." And by God, it turns out that he was right. If it weren't for George W. Bush, we would never, ever find ourselves saying these words: We agree with Ann Coulter.

OK, not on everything. We don't agree that Democrats should be blamed for 9/11. We don't agree that leaders of Muslim countries should be forced to convert to Christianity. And we don't agree that it would have been better if Timothy McVeigh had blown up the New York Times building. But when Coulter starts talking about Harriet Miers -- well, we have to say that Ann speaks for us.

In her latest column, Coulter says Miers is so unqualified for a spot on the Supreme Court that Bush may as well have appointed his chauffeur as the next head of NASA. Coulter says that Bush "could nominate his Scottish terrier Barney, and some conservatives would rush to defend him, claiming to be in possession of secret information convincing them that the pooch is a true conservative and listing Barney's many virtues -- loyalty, courage, never jumps on the furniture."

But there comes a time to draw the line, Coulter says, and that time is now: Whatever Republicans may think of "elites" generally, they ought to understand that the Supreme Court requires a certain level of expertise in matters that might come before the court -- the kind of expertise that Miers' career just doesn't demonstrate.

"However nice, helpful, prompt and tidy she is, Harriet Miers isn't qualified to play a Supreme Court justice on 'The West Wing,' let alone to be a real one," Coulter says. "Both Republicans and Democrats should be alarmed that Bush seems to believe his power to appoint judges is absolute. This is what 'advice and consent' means."

-- Tim Grieve

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_ro...r/index.html?x
Old 10-07-2005, 06:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Hey - here is a newsflash

Mary is always correct no matter the facts

BTW - the point was they donate and donate big.

But whatever, you are going to hate them no matter what and you know damn good and well that really rich people give billions a year - but you will never admit that

So -

Oh Danny Boy
Jason, I dont understand why you persistently misread me???? I said there was ONE rich donor I could agree with......and my original comment still stands: All of the donations you listed are NOT going to the poorest of the poor.

I still say the concept of "Noblesse Oblige" has died off, but I can see of course that the rich DO give (although I wish they'd target the poorest people like Joan Kroc), but in reality, the total monies are just a drop in the bucket when you consider the scope of the problem and the numbers of truly needy. But, it is their money and they can do what they like with it.
All Im saying is that the people that need it the most arent seeing it. Thats all Im saying

Having said that........I'd much rather we spend the evening singing Irish ditties than arguing....so: When Irish Eyes Are Smiling is my next request!
Old 10-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
Jason, I dont understand why you persistently misread me???? I said there was ONE rich donor I could agree with......and my original comment still stands: All of the donations you listed are NOT going to the poorest of the poor.

I still say the concept of "Noblesse Oblige" has died off, but I can see of course that the rich DO give (although I wish they'd target the poorest people like Joan Kroc), but in reality, the total monies are just a drop in the bucket when you consider the scope of the problem and the numbers of truly needy. But, it is their money and they can do what they like with it.
All Im saying is that the people that need it the most arent seeing it. Thats all Im saying

Having said that........I'd much rather we spend the evening singing Irish ditties than arguing....so: When Irish Eyes Are Smiling is my next request!
Well, earlier, you were seemingly pretty harsh on the rich - but whatever

ALso, Google the term "generosity index" and you will see American (rich to doin ok) are donating a lot of their cashola. That is all I am saying.

Also:

There's a tear in your eye,
And I'm wondering why,
For it never should be there at all.
With such pow'r in your smile,
Sure a stone you'd beguile,
So there's never a teardrop should fall.
When your sweet lilting laughter's
Like some fairy song,
And your eyes twinkle bright as can be;
You should laugh all the while
And all other times smile,
And now, smile a smile for me.

Chorus
When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.
When Irish hearts are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, they steal your heart away.

For your smile is a part
Of the love in your heart,
And it makes even sunshine more bright.
Like the linnet's sweet song,
Crooning all the day long,
Comes your laughter and light.
For the springtime of life
Is the sweetest of all
There is ne'er a real care or regret;
And while springtime is ours
Throughout all of youth's hours,
Let us smile each chance we get.

Maybe I should do a vocal of this

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Well, earlier, you were seemingly pretty harsh on the rich - but whatever

ALso, Google the term "generosity index" and you will see American (rich to doin ok) are donating a lot of their cashola. That is all I am saying.

Also:

There's a tear in your eye,
And I'm wondering why,
For it never should be there at all.
With such pow'r in your smile,
Sure a stone you'd beguile,
So there's never a teardrop should fall.
When your sweet lilting laughter's
Like some fairy song,
And your eyes twinkle bright as can be;
You should laugh all the while
And all other times smile,
And now, smile a smile for me.

Chorus
When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.
When Irish hearts are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, they steal your heart away.

For your smile is a part
Of the love in your heart,
And it makes even sunshine more bright.
Like the linnet's sweet song,
Crooning all the day long,
Comes your laughter and light.
For the springtime of life
Is the sweetest of all
There is ne'er a real care or regret;
And while springtime is ours
Throughout all of youth's hours,
Let us smile each chance we get.

Maybe I should do a vocal of this
Thanks for the song...

as for the Rich donating, I'll clarify: they apparently DO donate, just not to the poor. Except for Joan Kroc which I said I stand corrected. If more wealthy were like her, true humanitarians, I wouldnt be saying anything.

btw: do you actually know all the words to these songs? Even I dont know all the words!! I used to think Danny Boy was too cliche but after getting the chills just reading the words, I had to re-think that notion!