Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds View Post
I have a update. This Friday April 8th is Julian Lennon's birthday.For anyone interested that wants to.Please remember to go Julian's official Facebook page and wish him a happy birthday.I want wish Julian a happy birthday. I hope he has a happy,enjoyable and great day.Both Sean and his brother Julian are both talented and beautiful boys.
I didn't forget today was my bb Jules' 48th. I intend to post something later for John's original beautiful boy.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 04-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default John Lennon Songwriter exhibit at GRAMMY Museum extended

I knew Nico you would know today was Julian's 48th birthday.I agree he was John's beautiful boy.I have a update.

Examiner.com Anaheim,
April 7,2011
John Lennon Songwriter exhibit at GRAMMY Museum extended

The GRAMMY Museum in Los Angeles just announced that the John Lennon Songwriter exhibit, scheduled to close on March 31, has now been extended for another six months through September 5, 2011. Yoko Ono Lennon made an appearance last October at the GRAMMY Museum to talk about the exhibit.

http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture-...useum-extended
Old 04-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I knew Nico you would know today was Julian's 48th birthday.I agree he was John's beautiful boy.I have a update.

Examiner.com Anaheim,
April 7,2011
John Lennon Songwriter exhibit at GRAMMY Museum extended

The GRAMMY Museum in Los Angeles just announced that the John Lennon Songwriter exhibit, scheduled to close on March 31, has now been extended for another six months through September 5, 2011. Yoko Ono Lennon made an appearance last October at the GRAMMY Museum to talk about the exhibit.

http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture-...useum-extended
Ugh, I'm definitely going to this then. I need a reason to go back to LA.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default For Jules...

...and I even played Hey Jude today (even though it's one of those songs I've heard too many times for my lifetime) just for Julian. And then I played Julia because he was, after all, named after her.

Some classic Julian pics...

Old 04-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default and some more...

I really love Julian's music (own it all) and his voice is AMAZING. He's a truly lovely guy and certainly the most popular Beatle kid in terms of the general public. Anyway, there is a lot of Julian these days that reminds me of his dad physically, and of course there's tons about his personality and the coolness that he penetrates sometimes that is very John. He's quite a fantastic guy in terms of his various talents and humanitarian work. And I won't lie...I'd die for him and Sean to work together.

I adore this song:

A classic:

My absolute favorite:

And something more recent:

Old 04-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default more!!!

This one is so sweet:

COLD by Julian Lennon

I've read the headlines covering your wall,
a thousand lifetimes, you must have lived them all,
we took our chances, I love the way you fall.
Over there, I see you over there,
tossed around the sun,
I can feel you everywhere tonight.

Don't leave me cold,
living life without you - cold,
dreams don't always come true - cold,
everything we've been through,
don't leave me cold.

You are the flower, growing in my hand,
hour by hour, the more I understand,
a million colors, of woman and a man.
tossed around the sun,

Don't leave me cold,
don't leave me cold.

tossed around the sun,

Don't leave me cold,
don't leave me cold.

Don't leave me cold,
don't leave me cold....
Old 04-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ I love the above pic of Julian looking at his father's famous NYC photo with the photos of Brigitte Bardot and Serge Gainsbourg in the background- the very duo whom Sean and Charlotte recently covered in their "Comic Strip" song and video. lol!

Everything moves in cycles, as Lindsey says.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I didn't forget today was my bb Jules' 48th. I intend to post something later for John's original beautiful boy.
Hmmmm...well, although he wasn't quite as cute as SEAN was as a little boy, and though I have Sean solo albums but no Julian solo, and though he posts goofy things on the Internet (and we're the same age )....well, he's John's son and that's reason enough to stand up and say "Yeah!"

And I promised I would buy his new album...IF it ever comes out
Oh honey sweet
So full of sleep
I'm backsliding..."
Radiohead
Old 04-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
^ 3rd World Man is going! FL are his favorite modern band (along with Radiohead). He posted the info about the North Carolina show a bit ago. I would go, but alas my work...

*sigh....*

Don't forget what I posted above your prior post MsLinds. I'm looking for the list!
NO! 3rd World Man WANTS to go but I can't!!! Well, I could, but it would kinda involve quitting my job, packing up my car and hauling it to NC...**sigh** hmmmm....that could actually WORK!! Alas though, I can't experience such an amazing show alone So...NICO, how's YOUR job?? Care to quit it, join me on the road, and pretend we're Jack Kerouac? We can follow Sean & Char and TFL around the country until we run out of money (say somewhere around St. Louis ) ??
Well, if that's doesn't float your boat how about this concert:

It's in OHIO, I know....BUT that's GOOD because it's more feasible than NC, and though GOASTT won't be there, you've already seen them, right? And it's a WEEKEND
Oh honey sweet
So full of sleep
I'm backsliding..."
Radiohead
Old 04-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ lol! No, Mr. 3rd World, I can't join you on a cross-country trek concert stalking FL/The GOASTT, much as I would love to see them. Not feasible in any fashion.

I believe you have once again found a way to advertise for your favorite modern rock band in this JL thread, lol! It's all good. I saw Neko Case in concert a few times last year and she has a great voice no question. I'm a NC fan.

I may consider Ohio, only because I freakin' live here but it may not work because a few weeks later I'm going to....*drum roll*

Abbey Road On The River with my girls and I have to use a day from work for that. *sigh* Why can't these concerts be planned around MY schedule? Hmph!

Both YOU and Julian look fantastic for your age. I know that is true.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Photographs of Julian and his Dad

Thanks Nico for posting the great photographs of Julian and his Dad together.Also I love the photo you posted of Julian looking at his father's famous NYC photograph.The one of Sean and Julian I love that photograph of them sitting together.I am sorry 3rd World Man you can't go see your favorite modern band Flaming Lips with the Goastt.But I am sure your have many other opportunities in the future to see them in concert.Good luck being able to see just the Flaming Lips without the Goastt when they perform in Ohio.Nico I hope you have a great time at your upcoming Abbey Road on the river event and performances.I could see you both driving around the country following Sean and Charlotte and TFL. lol I wonder what Sean would think about such loyal fans following him around the country ? Everyone have a safe,positive and great weekend and take care.

Last edited by msLinds; 04-09-2011 at 09:53 PM..
Old 04-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good luck being able to see just the Flaming Lips without the Goastt when they perform in Ohio.Nico I hope you have a great time at your upcoming Abbey Road on the river event and performances.I could see you both driving around the country following Sean and Charlotte and TFL. lol I wonder what Sean would think about such loyal fans following him around the country ? Everyone have a safe,positive and great weekend and take care.
Thank you MsLinds. My high school girlfriends and I (whom I haven't seen since...well, life happened after high school) decided to do a road trip to AROTR. We are all Beatles stans, and my one friend in particular loves them so much that that is the only music she plays to her kids basically. So it should be nice.

I so am the kind of person to trek across the world for concerts, though I'm not sure I'd do it for GOASTT unless they were the main show, as I love the Flaming Lips and recognize their brilliant and artistic concerts but am not IN LOVE with them like that.

Anyway, I really hope to see them (The GOASTT) in concert soon, as it was such an incredible show. I also want a new Sean solo album.

I do agree with 3rd World Man that this Julian album is taking a while. I'm sure it will be great, whenever it's released.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
^ lol! No, Mr. 3rd World, I can't join you on a cross-country trek concert stalking FL/The GOASTT, much as I would love to see them. Not feasible in any fashion.

I believe you have once again found a way to advertise for your favorite modern rock band in this JL thread, lol! It's all good. I saw Neko Case in concert a few times last year and she has a great voice no question. I'm a NC fan.

I may consider Ohio, only because I freakin' live here but it may not work because a few weeks later I'm going to....*drum roll*

Abbey Road On The River with my girls and I have to use a day from work for that. *sigh* Why can't these concerts be planned around MY schedule? Hmph!

Both YOU and Julian look fantastic for your age. I know that is true.
Hmmm....well, THANK YOU for the nice age comment really!
and what is this alleged advertisement for The Flaming Lips? [ontournow] I don't know what you're talking about![tixonsale] I would be willing to bet that you may have slipped a few non-John/Beatle plugs here&there, no?? Well, anyway, I thought I would share this really well done, JOHN-THEMED video slideshow. And it has nothing to do with my beloved Flaming Lips Enjoy! And thanks msLinds for all of your nice, thoughtful comments too, you & Nico are the sweetest Ledgies

Oh honey sweet
So full of sleep
I'm backsliding..."
Radiohead
Old 04-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Goastt Confirmed at Nelsonville Music festival

Some great news for 3rd World Man and Nico.If you guys want to go see them in Ohio in May.The Goastt is confirmed to be one of the bands performing at the Nelsonville Music Festival.I sure your both be happy to hear the Sean and Charlotte will be at this music festival to.

Nelsonville Music Festival
Friday May 13, 2011 – Sunday May 15, 2011

http://www.last.fm/festival/1829473+...Music+Festival

http://www.nelsonvillefest.org/

Last edited by msLinds; 04-10-2011 at 01:06 AM..
Old 04-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Some great news for 3rd World Man and Nico.If you guys want to go see them in Ohio in May.The Goastt is confirmed to be one of the bands performing at the Nelsonville Music Festival.I sure your both be happy to hear the Sean and Charlotte will be at this music festival to.

Nelsonville Music Festival
Friday May 13, 2011 – Sunday May 15, 2011

http://www.last.fm/festival/1829473+...Music+Festival

http://www.nelsonvillefest.org/
HOLY **** BATMAN!!!! Are you KIDDING??? WOW...I can't believe it! I just went to your link, and lo and behold...I saw a GOASTT!!! That changes everything! I absolutely MUST go now somehow, someway! How 'bout YOU Nico?? Does that up the ante?
Thanks for the heads up msLinds!
Oh honey sweet
So full of sleep
I'm backsliding..."
Radiohead
Closed Thread