User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
if by 'new album' you mean new FM album, then I have to respectfully disagree with you.

I think she will put off the Mac and do something solo and then maybe return to do another FM album… at which point, IMHO, the momentum of Chris's return will have been lost.

I think she's wrestling with the winding down of time… maybe regretting time not spent doing more solo stuff, who knows.. but I think she's underestimating the time window for closing out the FM chapter. I think she still thinks she can jump back and forth between the solo career and FM one more time, and I'm not sure that's so true. I think at this point in time there are too many variables outside of their control (foremost among them being mortality, followed by health).
I was just thinking about this. She does talk a lot about jumping back and forth between these 2 careers, but it's coming to the point where she IS going to have to choose. It's going to be unavoidable, if it isn't already. Which, I would agree gives her the right to be undecided. That's a lot of pressure. But when a lot of your fans are frustrated as well as your own band, maybe it's time to look at the bigger picture and revisit priorities.

Last edited by pauls90; 02-20-2015 at 12:21 PM..
Old 02-20-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
I was just thinking about this. She does talk a lot about jumping back and forth between these 2 careers, but it's coming to the point where she IS going to have to choose. It's going to be unavoidable, if it isn't already. Which, I would agree gives her the right to be undecided. That's a lot of pressure. But when a lot of your fans are frustrated as well as your own band, maybe it's time to look at the bigger picture and revisit priorities.
This tour has really made her step her game up. She looks and sounds energized. I thought she was going to have a seizure during GDW. Maybe she'll give it a chance.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-20-2015 at 01:10 PM..
Old 02-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if by 'new album' you mean new FM album, then I have to respectfully disagree with you.

I think she will put off the Mac and do something solo and then maybe return to do another FM album… at which point, IMHO, the momentum of Chris's return will have been lost.

I think she's wrestling with the winding down of time… maybe regretting time not spent doing more solo stuff, who knows.. but I think she's underestimating the time window for closing out the FM chapter. I think she still thinks she can jump back and forth between the solo career and FM one more time, and I'm not sure that's so true. I think at this point in time there are too many variables outside of their control (foremost among them being mortality, followed by health).
Quote:
Sometime around when "IYD" came out or maybe it was after her mother passed Stevie was talking about reaching the point when she was going to have to decide which projects were important enough to spent the limited time that she has left on...

In terms of Stevie "getting her priorities straight" she's made FM her #1 priority for three years in a row...What more do they want? she only has so much time left and if she wants to do more solo after this tour FM needs to deal with it. Maybe they could do something as one of Mick's "Zoo" incarnations.

Perhaps Christine should have "got her priorities straight" a few years sooner instead of waiting until the last minute to pull her head out of the sand...Christine probably wrestled with returning for a while. She may have thought about returning once or twice and It's possible time became a factor in her decision at some point.

All this blaming Stevie for everything that's wrong with FM is ridiculous...If you remember LB said the work we have right now will be PUT ON THE SHELF UNTIL AFTER THE TOUR so FM NEVER had any intentions of putting out new product in 2014 or 2015.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That's almost like saying I started my restaurant career off as a busboy and then became a waiter. Eventually I managed the restaurant and now I am Mr. Puck and I own and operate a series of NY eateries. But you all want me to humble myself and go back to being a busboy for a year just to show my gratitude to the restaurant that gave me my big break in my youth? Should a movie star be compelled to return to the tv show that made them famous? Should an NBA athlete be compelled to play for his high school basketball team?
Your analogy would be correct if someone was asking Stevie to go back to Fritz, for old time's sake, to show her gratitude to Javiar. Touring with FM is not taking a step back for her. She benefits greatly, not just with money, but with publicity. The FM association enhances her solo status and the attention it garners.

But I agree with part of what you said. I am not interested in guilting her into returning. I don't thinks she should be there if she doesn't want to be. And instead of making herself seem like a martyr for staying, (oh I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings), she should just go. Staying and reminding them that she's there under suffrage as a favor to them is a selfish, self-aggrandizing move.

She should just tell them she has no interest in recording another FM album or that she won't record one before 2017 or 2018 or whatever her time frame is. Rather than leaving things up in the air, just TELL them. Tell interviewers. Tell fans.

Michele
Old 02-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Your analogy would be correct if someone was asking Stevie to go back to Fritz, for old time's sake, to show her gratitude to Javiar. Touring with FM is not taking a step back for her. She benefits greatly, not just with money, but with publicity. The FM association enhances her solo status and the attention it garners.

But I agree with part of what you said. I am not interested in guilting her into returning. I don't thinks she should be there if she doesn't want to be. And instead of making herself seem like a martyr for staying, (oh I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings), she should just go. Staying and reminding them that she's there under suffrage as a favor to them is a selfish, self-aggrandizing move.

She should just tell them she has no interest in recording another FM album or that she won't record one before 2017 or 2018 or whatever her time frame is. Rather than leaving things up in the air, just TELL them. Tell interviewers. Tell fans.

Michele
This is the way FM operates...How hard would have it have been to put it in Stevie's contract for the tour that in order for her to participate in the tour she had to participate in the recording of the next FM record?
Old 02-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
All this blaming Stevie for everything that's wrong with FM is ridiculous...
We're not talking about "everything that's wrong" with FM.

We're talking about her blatantly avoiding the topic of a new Fleetwood Mac record and her refusal to commit one way or the other at a point when the rest of the band is on the same page.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
this is perfect.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We're not talking about "everything that's wrong" with FM.

We're talking about her blatantly avoiding the topic of a new Fleetwood Mac record and her refusal to commit one way or the other at a point when the rest of the band is on the same page.
How do you know that FM does not know exactly what Stevie's position regarding recording with FM/LB is??? And yes in fact Stevie is being blamed for FM's lack of output when in fact FM is the one responsible for holding themselves back and not Stevie...If Stevie has in fact told them "no new music" and she did in fact tell them this after the 2009 tour then FM has no one to blame but themselves for not parting ways with Stevie and moving on...
Old 02-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
How do you know that FM does not know exactly what Stevie's position regarding recording with FM/LB is??? And yes in fact Stevie is being blamed for FM's lack of output when in fact FM is the one responsible for holding themselves back and not Stevie...If Stevie has in fact told them "no new music" and she did in fact tell them this after the 2009 tour then FM has no one to blame but themselves for not parting ways with Stevie and moving on...
I only ever remember her saying there wouldn't be anymore new Fleetwood Mac without Christine.......

We can play hypotheticals all day. I'm just commenting on what we do know.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:

Michele
This is everything!!
Old 02-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I only ever remember her saying there wouldn't be anymore new Fleetwood Mac without Christine.......

We can play hypotheticals all day. I'm just commenting on what we do know.
I think the band knows what her position is and by keeping it undefined it adds to the FM soap opera.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

All this blaming Stevie for everything that's wrong with FM is ridiculous...If you remember LB said the work we have right now will be PUT ON THE SHELF UNTIL AFTER THE TOUR so FM NEVER had any intentions of putting out new product in 2014 or 2015.

They actually did....the target was early 2015? someone help me out here with the interview comments from LB and, I think, Mick as well. I think late 2014 was at least hinted at. I know at one point early 2015 was named as the target.

Then the target for finishing/releasing got pushed from late 2014 to the following year (2015), and finally to some vague, undefined time in the future. And now it's not really talked about at all.

It got pushed further and further out because of Stevie's refusal to commit. And I think after the last guilt-trip done via the media (ref. Mick's interview in, was it Playboy I believe?) she's not going to be influenced by those tactics again.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-20-2015 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: typing on a phone sucks
Old 02-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I think the band knows what her position is and by keeping it undefined it adds to the FM soap opera.
That's totally plausible as well. In fact, the optimist in me thinks this is the case but I think we're all just trying not to get our hopes up at the moment.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They actually did....the target was early 2015? someone help me out here with the interview comments from LB and, I think, Mick as well. I think late 2014 was at least hinted at. I know at one point early 2015 was named as the target.

Then the target for finishing/releasing got pushed to the following year (2015), and finally to some vague, undefined time in the future. And now it's not really talked about at all.

It got pushed further and further out because of Stevie's refusal to commit. And I think after the last guilt-trip done via the media (ref. Mick's interview in, was it Playboy I believe?) she's not going to be influenced by those tactics again.
Fleetwood Mac is gearing up to record, release new album in 2015: "Fleetwood Mac’s “On With The Show” tour wraps up in mid July, but that doesn’t mean the band’s reunion train will stop rolling. Lindsey Buckingham says the group will resume work on a new album as soon as they come off the road. “Before we started rehearsing the show with Christine [McVie] … she came over and said, ‘Lindsey, I’ve got some rough ideas for new songs,’” Buckingham recently told talk show host Tavis Smiley. “She gave me a bunch of stuff to take home after we saw her in England when we played there. And I worked on it at home, took lots of liberties, came back. She loved it. We went in the studio for two months and came up with probably the best group of songs that were co-written that we’ve done in years. So we are going to continue working on a new album and [my] solo stuff will probably take a back seat for another year or so.” Buckingham added that a new Fleetwood Mac album “would be a beautiful way to kind of wrap up this last act.”"

http://tonereport.com/news/new-fleet...coming-in-2015
Old 02-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And at that point they weren't signed up for all the tour dates they have on schedule now. It could have been a lot shorter. If they were all on board to record an album, then they probably wouldn't have added new tour dates. The extended tour isn't keeping the album from happening. The extended tour is what they're doing because they can't do an album.

Of course, they can do one. Since they've made money off of the tour, why they don't pocket it and record an album without Stevie which won't make money but might fulfill them creatively, I will never know. And no it doesn't have to be their swan song. They can record without her now and record with her in 3 years, if she is willing. But the four of them just sit there.

Michele