The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've seen The Tit ****er on TV being interviewed a few times. He thinks he's pretty damn fabulous. He's kinda cute though. So, he's got that going for him. But I think he won't age well. I get the impression, he'll be all face in like 10 years. Not going to be pretty!

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH
Old 03-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by all the same
He's one of Canada's more embarrassing exports. He sings like ****ty cover songs in that "old" style that everyone is butchering lately. You know the **** Rod Stewart and Cyndi Lauper are doing these days. Cyndi!!! What happened to you? What is with that new album? LAMMMMMMMMMMME!

Don't even get me started on Nelly Furtado. "I'm like a turd. I'll only float away..." I have no time for her.
I loved Cyndi's album. Rod Stewart was never good, so do you expect him to be good thirty years on? I think not.

I listened to a couple of Buble's songs and he's got a nice voice, but good gawd, it's awful Muzak. No thanks.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've seen The Tit ****er on TV being interviewed a few times. He thinks he's pretty damn fabulous. He's kinda cute though. So, he's got that going for him. But I think he won't age well. I get the impression, he'll be all face in like 10 years. Not going to be pretty!
Eh, he's average. Nothing special. His last name kind of ruins it.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:09 PM
DeadliestPoison
This message has been deleted by DeadliestPoison.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I loved Cyndi's album. Rod Stewart was never good, so do you expect him to be good thirty years on? I think not.

I listened to a couple of Buble's songs and he's got a nice voice, but good gawd, it's awful Muzak. No thanks.
Is he ugly? I thought he was vaguely cute. Who knows, maybe in comparison to the troll that was interviewing him, he looked good.

Uh... I don't like the Cyndi covers album. She's singing light am radio hits. She is WAY better than that. I think she should leave At Last to Etta James and La Vie En Rose to Edith Piaf. I just don't think people should cover songs they can't bring anything new to.

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH
Old 03-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh, crap I totally misread your email I misread the word Muzak. Oops. I know, he's lame! Easy listening music for soccer moms.

KATE BUSH
Old 03-21-2005, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is he ugly? I thought he was vaguely cute. Who knows, maybe in comparison to the troll that was interviewing him, he looked good.
No, he's not ugly, but he's not on my To Do list, either. I've seen much better.

Quote:
Uh... I don't like the Cyndi covers album. She's singing light am radio hits. She is WAY better than that. I think she should leave At Last to Etta James and La Vie En Rose to Edith Piaf. I just don't think people should cover songs they can't bring anything new to.
I liked it, I thought that she made many of the songs fresh and she brought her own style to them. Sunny Side of the Street, Stay, and At Last were the standout tracks, in my opinion. Her voice was stellar, too. The only one I really didn't care for was Makin' Whoopee, but that's because Michelle Pfeiffer's version is the best and the sexiest.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I liked it, I thought that she made many of the songs fresh and she brought her own style to them. Sunny Side of the Street, Stay, and At Last were the standout tracks, in my opinion. Her voice was stellar, too. The only one I really didn't care for was Makin' Whoopee, but that's because Michelle Pfeiffer's version is the best and the sexiest.
I should give it another listen. I've had it shelved for a long time.

KATE BUSH
Old 03-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Imitation of a Kiss - Annie Ross and the Low Note Quintet

Old 03-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Chariot (the whole cd) - Gavin Degraw....I can't get over how good he is.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Now playing:

Some song by Coheed and Cambria that my friend Rhys sent me.....He likes all this new trash
Old 03-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Pretenders "Popstar"

"They don't make 'em like they used to! You should've just stuck with me!"

KATE BUSH
Old 03-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Imitation of a Kiss - Annie Ross and the Low Note Quintet
Okay, who is Annie Ross. I tried checking LimeWire for her and there was no sigh. Since you dig Franz Ferdinand, I'm assuming we're on a similar page when it comes to music. Do you know the Swedish band Kent? So, so good. Their album "Hagnesta Hill" and the song "Just Like Money" level me! "You still need my hands to feel. You still need my heart to breath. 'Cause your lips taste just like Money." Another song to look for is called "Music Non Stop".

KATE BUSH
Old 03-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kent 'The King is Dead' from Hagnesta Hill

KATE BUSH
Old 03-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, who is Annie Ross. I tried checking LimeWire for her and there was no sigh. Since you dig Franz Ferdinand, I'm assuming we're on a similar page when it comes to music. Do you know the Swedish band Kent? So, so good. Their album "Hagnesta Hill" and the song "Just Like Money" level me! "You still need my hands to feel. You still need my heart to breath. 'Cause your lips taste just like Money." Another song to look for is called "Music Non Stop".
I don't want to disappoint, but you wouldn't dig Annie Ross unless you're into jazz. I like jazz and she's one of my favorites, along with the Jazz Passengers. She's been kicking aorund for decades. Her CDs can be hard to find, but the soundtrack to Altman's "Short Cuts" is pretty easy to get and she does all the songs on it. They have lots of sound clips for it up on Amazon.

I've never heard of Kent, but if they're anything like Franz Ferdinand, I'll check them out. Because Franz? Rawks.

Old 03-22-2005, 03:52 PM
DeadliestPoison
This message has been deleted by DeadliestPoison.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't want to disappoint, but you wouldn't dig Annie Ross unless you're into jazz. I like jazz and she's one of my favorites, along with the Jazz Passengers. She's been kicking aorund for decades. Her CDs can be hard to find, but the soundtrack to Altman's "Short Cuts" is pretty easy to get and she does all the songs on it. They have lots of sound clips for it up on Amazon.

I've never heard of Kent, but if they're anything like Franz Ferdinand, I'll check them out. Because Franz? Rawks.
I dig jazz big time! But I still can't find any of her music on LimeWire. Kent aren't really like Franz Ferdinand, but they definitely fit into that Alt category that I love so much.

KATE BUSH