User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They wouldn't have just seen them in 2013. They saw a very similar band, but not same one. It suggested that the crowds wouldn't be sophisticated enough to know the difference or care if Christine was in the band or if she wasn't. Clearly, that wasn't the case.
Well, stop substituting what I said with what you think I said suggested.

I don't know what the crowds are sophisticated enough to understand. I spent thousands going to London just to see Christine make a cameo with FM so clearly I think she makes a difference.

Did I think casual fans would pay $200 to see FM again in 2014 after they'd just seen them in 2013? No I didn't. That opinion had nothing to do with Christine or Stevie's popularity. The opinion was wrong, but you're suggesting I formed it for reasons that are far removed from what I actually think or feel.

Michele

Michele
Old 02-20-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, stop substituting what I said with what you think I said suggested.

I don't know what the crowds are sophisticated enough to understand. I spent thousands going to London just to see Christine make a cameo with FM so clearly I think she makes a difference.

Did I think casual fans would pay $200 to see FM again in 2014 after they'd just seen them in 2013? No I didn't. That opinion had nothing to do with Christine or Stevie's popularity. The opinion was wrong, but you're suggesting I formed it for reasons that are far removed from what I actually think or feel.

Michele

Michele
You could hear it from the first note. It's shocking.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The first note in London? Or on this tour?

Well, in London when she started counting down her own song 1-2-1-2-3-4 that was chilling. Gooseflesh, as she would say.

Michele
Old 02-20-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
The first note in London? Or on this tour?

Well, in London when she started counting down her own song 1-2-1-2-3-4 that was chilling. Gooseflesh, as she would say.

Michele
Yes, on 9/25/13.... I was so excited for you.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Mick as co-owner of the band could say that.
Yeah Mick could say that but that wouldn't right. He is not a creative force in the band and probay just wants another money grabbing tour.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac is gearing up to record, release new album in 2015: "Fleetwood Mac’s “On With The Show” tour wraps up in mid July, but that doesn’t mean the band’s reunion train will stop rolling. Lindsey Buckingham says the group will resume work on a new album as soon as they come off the road. “Before we started rehearsing the show with Christine [McVie] … she came over and said, ‘Lindsey, I’ve got some rough ideas for new songs,’” Buckingham recently told talk show host Tavis Smiley. “She gave me a bunch of stuff to take home after we saw her in England when we played there. And I worked on it at home, took lots of liberties, came back. She loved it. We went in the studio for two months and came up with probably the best group of songs that were co-written that we’ve done in years. So we are going to continue working on a new album and [my] solo stuff will probably take a back seat for another year or so.” Buckingham added that a new Fleetwood Mac album “would be a beautiful way to kind of wrap up this last act.”"

http://tonereport.com/news/new-fleet...coming-in-2015
thanks BlueDenimLamp!!
Old 02-21-2015, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
thanks BlueDenimLamp!!
The exact conversation (because I prefer that to media paraphrase, which is helpful but somewhat limited...) went like this:

I’d take Lindsey Buckingham in the big machine or the small machine. I think it works either way. Which leaves me to offer this as the last question. So since Fleetwood Mac’s on the big tour now - everybody knows that so get your tickets if you can get in; they’re out there now - Um, what happens after the big tour? You gonna go back to more solo stuff?

Uh, eventually. But, you know, one of the really exciting things that happened before we started rehearsing the show with Christine is she came over, because she said ‘Lindsey, I’ve got some rough ideas for new songs’, and we, she came over and we went in the studio - the two of us with John and Mick - and again, you ask ‘Well, is that still going to work?’ and that was my thought. Oh my god, you know, is this, am I still going to be able to do what I used to do for her or is what she’s going to bring me - She gave me a bunch of stuff to take home after we saw her in England when we played there, and I worked on it at home, took lots of liberties, came back, she loved it. We went in the studio for two months and came up with probably the best group of songs which were co-written that I think we’ve done in years, so we are going to continue working on a new album. And, uh, the solo stuff will probably take a backseat for another year or so.

You know what, nobody’s complaining about that.

No. Least of all me.

People would love to hear another Fleetwood Mac album.

Oh, I’m telling ya, beautiful way to kind of wrap up this last act, you know.

Well, I suspect, uh, when that happens, you and maybe somebody else will come back and see us.

I certainly hope so.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 02-21-2015, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the band knows what her position is and by keeping it undefined it adds to the FM soap opera.
Exactly.These guys are masters at drama.It's been that way since the beginning and it has worked in their favor so far.So if it ain't broke,don't fix it.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
Exactly.These guys are masters at drama.It's been that way since the beginning and it has worked in their favor so far.So if it ain't broke,don't fix it.
I think their drama is genuine for the most part. You're insinuating that it was all manufactured. I don't believe that. They have or have had real tension and friction between them.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, it doesn't sound like I'm saying that. That's how you're interpreting it, but you're doing so without foundation. I must have posted 100 posts since January 2014 about Stevie not being on the next FM album and I've never suggested the album would sell less because Stevie is not involved. I've always said the album is not going to sell anyway, so why do they care if Stevie is involved or not, if she doesn't want to be on it?

Michele
This massive world wide tour with Christine back in the band has put them back on radar. Negative expectations aside, though the album might not jump to the top, I think it will do respectively well. I believe they do care to keep the most successful line up of the band intact. This isn't just another album -- it's their last album. Even if Lindsey and Christine produce a great album, it will be known for all the wrong reasons without Stevie on it.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 02-21-2015 at 04:29 AM..
Old 02-21-2015, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
This massive world wide tour with Christine back in the band has put them back on radar. Negative expectations aside, though the album might not jump to the top, I think it will do respectively well. I believe they do care to keep the most successful line up of the band intact. This isn't just another album -- it's their last album. Even if Lindsey and Christine produce a great album, it will be known for all the wrong reasons without Stevie on it.
and this i believe may be a possible reason why they keep still giving Stevie a chance to come back into the fold.

but i also think they are considering other options if she doesn't, since they are not getting any younger, can't wait forever, and want to put out all that new music they produced in 2014.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-21-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and this i believe may be a possible reason why they keep still giving Stevie a chance to come back into the fold.

but i also think they are considering other options if she doesn't, since they are not getting any younger, can't wait forever, and want to put out all that new music they produced in 2014.
I can see the interview now:

Stevie Nicks gets Fleetwood Mac album off the ground:
Rolling Stone 3/15/2016

I sat Christine, Lindsey, and Mick down (well because John walks away when I speak) and I explained to them in detail what I wanted to give to them. Because they are in my band and they are my first priority. Being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army. Well, if the army had private jets and private hotels with grand pianos and a trail of assistants following you around, and if there wasn't any bombs or guns or killing. Yes, just like the army.

And I told them they are my first love and I told them how they are my first love cuz you know they already know that. And I told Lindsey I joined this band and we dated for ya know like 5% of the time that we've known each other, so we have to get along. And we need to do this, because Lindsey and I are so special. This may be our final project in Fleetwood Mac so it has to be good. I told all of them that.

When I looked up, for some reason Christine was hanging by a rope from the ceiling, Lindsey had jammed two sharp objects into his ears, and Mick was laying on the floor next to an empty bottle of pills. So I grabbed my little assistants and we pranced into my army like hotel and I played Rhiannon again. Because you know, it's the only song I really know how to play.. hahahahahah...

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-21-2015 at 01:05 PM..
Old 02-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree. I saw them in 2009 and was impressed by the muscularity of their sound, by the trio of bass-drums-guitar, but the elusive magic was not there. And Stevie seemed drained. Distant.

But in Pittsburgh, during the first few bars of The Chain, I already sensed a difference, a crackle. They were sparking off each other. The moment all three of the singers leaned into their mics, I got the old chills back. Christine's contributions are sooooooo important, but because she is subtle and restrained, most casual observers don't see them. Her higher harmonies on the song have always spoke of anguish. That anguish is an essential ingredient to the mix. Then, when the band tore into You Make Loving Fun, I was floored...

Several months later, in Buffalo, they played the same set, though this time, the magic was even stronger, more palpable. They were easy with one another and I sensed all of that old chemistry unearthed. Christine brought it back.

In truth, they all possess an ingredient of it. When one is absent, the result pales.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

and don't think Stevie doesn't know this.

they're never going to come to a mutual understanding-- i.e., Stevie thinks she gave up solo opportunities over the years for the band; Lindsey surely has to feel he gave up solo possibilities for the band…. you get older you start to think about missed opportunities and dwindling time… Except Lindsey seems to have reconciled himself to the band trumping solo work and Stevie hasn't. I really think that whole thing of Lindsey saying "don't bother me for a couple of years" (or was it 3? maybe that's where Stevie got fixated on 3 years) while I do solo work has stuck in her head. It always seemed to me over the years that on various solo projects she had to cut them short to make some arbitrary timeline of the band's … for example, not being able to do a full tour for Bella Donna to get to the studio to work on Mirage, etc. While of course the band always felt like they were stuck waiting for her. There's never going to be any real meeting of the minds on this. Everything that's going on now is just a continuation of this same drama. Except Stevie is more willing in her later years to put her foot down and hold out for her solo time.

In many ways it seems to me like she wants to tie up loose (solo) ends and get out stuff she should have gotten out years ago more than doing new solo music but who knows. She really is better known from being in the band and I would love to see her just wrap up the band with this last album and then be free to spend the rest of her days doing only her own stuff. Does she not want to let go of the band and is dragging things out??
Old 02-21-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I agree. I saw them in 2009 and was impressed by the muscularity of their sound, by the trio of bass-drums-guitar, but the elusive magic was not there. And Stevie seemed drained. Distant.

But in Pittsburgh, during the first few bars of The Chain, I already sensed a difference, a crackle. They were sparking off each other. The moment all three of the singers leaned into their mics, I got the old chills back. Christine's contributions are sooooooo important, but because she is subtle and restrained, most casual observers don't see them. Her higher harmonies on the song have always spoke of anguish. That anguish is an essential ingredient to the mix. Then, when the band tore into You Make Loving Fun, I was floored...

Several months later, in Buffalo, they played the same set, though this time, the magic was even stronger, more palpable. They were easy with one another and I sensed all of that old chemistry unearthed. Christine brought it back.

In truth, they all possess an ingredient of it. When one is absent, the result pales.
The Cleveland Review nailed it. The rest of the band was simply better, re-energized. Buck looked so happy!