User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
No. No, it wouldn't be better. Not for me, anyway. Would you feel better if your lover ditched you for a chick rather than a boy? Maybe you would, I don't know. But I'd rather Mark leave me for a chick when he leaves. I'll understand if she's hot & nice, but if she's bitchier, fatter and uglier than me, then I'll be pissed. . . . .

II guess I just look at it from the point of view that if they leave you because they are gay, then it is nothing you did or did not do and/or it is not them cheating on you per se or at least in the sense that the cheating is in any way related to you, etc. I think that while I might be pissed about the lying and using that occured (assuming they knew all along, which some do not) - the leaving would not be so hard because I would know I could not compete, etc. In other words, I think the majority of the people whose spice leave them for another woman (or man) feel that there can be reconciliation in some way or that they did did something wrong that caused it, etc. If they are gay, then those two things cannot happen because the new gay is not interested in them sexually and never will be.

I hope I explained that clearly

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I know what you mean, I just have a hard time understanding how someone could now KNOW that they're gay. I mean, how do you not know? Seriously.

So if they do know but hide it to try & deny who they really are because they're angry or ashamed or embarrassed or whatever, then they're lying about everything to their heterosexual partner - their physical attraction, their relationship together. Everything.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ I know what you mean, I just have a hard time understanding how someone could now KNOW that they're gay. I mean, how do you not know? Seriously.

So if they do know but hide it to try & deny who they really are because they're angry or ashamed or embarrassed or whatever, then they're lying about everything to their heterosexual partner - their physical attraction, their relationship together. Everything.
Well, I think many people try to fight it because they are expected to be "normal," etc. In other words, I know many people got married thinking the attraction to the same sex would just stop one day. I think that thinking is mostly lessening these days, but I know some guy who got married four years ago to this girl and he is the gayest thing on the planet. When I asked him about his active homosexual life, he said he intended to continue it, but wanted a wife to save face in his little pathetic small town mind. He actually had his current boyfriend stand in his wedding. I was so disgusted, I declined to have any part of it as THAT is the scenario in which being pissed is warranted But, some people just do not know or think it is just a phase. Society can place huge demands on people I guess. Finally, I know some gay people who marry straight people and like both worlds. To me, that is strange, but some of them have been married for years and happlily so.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

His BF stood up in his wedding? Holy. ****. Does the wife know about them?

BTW - we know a guy that we are SURE is gay, that got married to a girl. Time will tell, I suppose.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His BF stood up in his wedding? Holy. ****. Does the wife know about them?. . . .
It was nauseating to me because I like his wife. I wanted to tell her, but it was really not my business and she must have known he was into guys as they met on the dance floor of a gay bar Yet, she always goes on about how he is not gay, just open minded, etc. I have yet to meet one straight guy who goes out with a bunch of gay guys like every weekend and is totally straight and I really do not think there is a true bisexual guy out there - but that is based on my own personal experience. Actually, it just amazes me at how people struggle with the admission of being gay. I guess they have looked down on them for so long that to be one of them is more horrifying than living your life as a lie. To me, that would be a form of death.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Give me her phone number, I'll tell her.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ Give me her phone number, I'll tell her.
Well, she is a very sweet girl who had a bad childhood and avoids confrontation at all costs. And - I must say, he takes very good care of her and has provided a good life for her, encouraged her to branch out, etc. As a couple, they are are mostly the gold standard. It is just he has a boyfriend on the side and is the gayest thing since Peter Allen This ought to make your blood boil even more His current boyfriend is friends with his wife.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
*Theresa - I am extremely impressed that your son actually went. I agree his inital comment was a normal hetero teen boy comment, trying to be cool or whatever. But the fact that he stayed throught the entire flick without giggling, or leaving, or complaining, and then saying it was pretty good? Wow. That's a great mature kid you have.
Hey, I'm so happy you finally saw it. I bought the movie and was planning a special screening for Mark when you guy's come up It was actually Blair who asked me to rent it. I think that's why sales of the dvd were so good because all the homophobics can now watch it secretly in their own home. Anyhow, I'm glad you liked it. It does grow on you the more you think about it, doesn't it.

I was also quite impressed with Dean going to the show with me to see it, although you mention about him sitting through the entire movie, he was squirming around in his chair abit, but that's because he say's it was too long, and, he was text messaging his friends a couple of times (probably sending out an S.O.S ) but overall I was pretty impressed.

Sidenote: I would much rather Blair leave me for another woman then a man. The woman, I would be hurt, a man, I would be sick.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
Hey, I'm so happy you finally saw it. I bought the movie and was planning a special screening for Mark when you guy's come up It was actually Blair who asked me to rent it. I think that's why sales of the dvd were so good because all the homophobics can now watch it secretly in their own home. Anyhow, I'm glad you liked it. It does grow on you the more you think about it, doesn't it.

I was also quite impressed with Dean going to the show with me to see it, although you mention about him sitting through the entire movie, he was squirming around in his chair abit, but that's because he say's it was too long, and, he was text messaging his friends a couple of times (probably sending out an S.O.S ) but overall I was pretty impressed.

Sidenote: I would much rather Blair leave me for another woman then a man. The woman, I would be hurt, a man, I would be sick.
Thats good that your son enjoyed the movie. But I'm not surprised since I'm sure you've taught him to be tolerant of others. Good job!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
. . . Sidenote: I would much rather Blair leave me for another woman then a man. The woman, I would be hurt, a man, I would be sick.
On a related note, I would rather have someone tell be when they no longer wanted me around than cheat on me and tolerate me, etc. I guess I am just weird that way, but once I am done, I am done and I do not pussyfoot around about it.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
On a related note, I would rather have someone tell be when they no longer wanted me around than cheat on me and tolerate me, etc. I guess I am just weird that way, but once I am done, I am done and I do not pussyfoot around about it.
You have to be in situations like that or it will tear you up.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Oh I agree. Dump me first! Don't cheat on me.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Better late than never...

Deb & myself finally watched BBM tonight via "Pay Per View" (We had a coupon for 1 free movie, and we specifically waited for BBM) and I have to say it was better than I expected.

It did start off a little sluggish but it picked up very quickly. I was impressed with this movie. The part when Ennis finds out Jack died was pretty FUBAR with the violent imagery that Ennis had going in his head.

Thinking about purchasing it, which will piss off people/family who know Deb & myself, but f**k 'em-"I know what I like cause I like what I know".
Old 05-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
Thinking about purchasing it, which will piss off people/family who know Deb & myself, but f**k 'em-"I know what I like cause I like what I know".
Glad to hear you saw it and liked it.

Let me get this straight, though...you have people/family in your life who will get angry with you because of what movies you buy ? You're kidding, right ?

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Glad to hear you saw it and liked it.

Let me get this straight, though...you have people/family in your life who will get angry with you because of what movies you buy ? You're kidding, right ?
Unfortunately that's how some people are.