User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
This is just me, and everyone has their own way of handling things. BUT, if it was my home, and my job, and that's where I wanted to be, I'D FIGHT! F*** the running ****! There's a time when one has to stand up for what is right!

Good luck my friend.

If I planned on staying here, and my entire family didn't live here, I would definately fight. I have two years of school left and then I am out. If I lose this job over my former employer I will see what my options are as far as harrassment. If my only option is going public, then I doubt I will do that. Maybe if I wanted to stay here I would.
And the different know
Old 06-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I understand your point but I think most would agree that they have to take care of themselves. I'm not into the idea of living in fear.
I totally understand. Like I said before, everyone has their own way of dealing with things.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudden22
If I planned on staying here, and my entire family didn't live here, I would definately fight. I have two years of school left and then I am out. If I lose this job over my former employer I will see what my options are as far as harrassment. If my only option is going public, then I doubt I will do that. Maybe if I wanted to stay here I would.

I just wanted to make sure you understood that my "stand your ground and fight" opinion, was just that, an opinion. It was not a criticism at all. Whatever you decide to do, I very much hope that it works out for you.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
I just wanted to make sure you understood that my "stand your ground and fight" opinion, was just that, an opinion. It was not a criticism at all. Whatever you decide to do, I very much hope that it works out for you.
I completely understand, No worries. It killed me to not fight more the first time. The only option I had at the time was to go public, since I am not going to stay here and I have family members to think I about, I chose not to. It have always considered myself a fighter and it was very hard to just let go.

I did buy them a years membership to the Human Rights Campaign though. They got a card thanking them for their help in advancing gay rights and monthly newsletter.
And the different know
Old 06-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I did buy them a years membership to the Human Rights Campaign though. They got a card thanking them for their help in advancing gay rights and monthly newsletter.
That's classic!
Old 06-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark
Holy crap. I actually find myself stunned by that kind of behavior. I didn't even think it existed anymore. I work in the news media in Canada (read: just about as liberal as you can find!). Between my own work place's pledge as an equal opportunity employer (be it to people of colour, disability, sexual orientation, religion, etc) and my government on the verge of legalizing same sex marriage across the country (it is legal in many provinces already), it just shocks and angers me that peopel are still discriminated against like this.
What I thought was funny is that on the same week eleven states passed state constitutional bans on same-sex marriage, Saskatchewan legalized it. And why not? Saskatchewan needs the tourism money! Of course, Paul Martin and company better act ASAP on the same-sex legislation or Stephen Harper might get enough support to block such a piece of legislation... I'm sorry, but it's hard to type that with a straight face. Like Stephen Harper can block anything. The guy's like Wiley Coyote. Give him a gun, and it explodes in his face.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was such a great idea!!!

Last edited by GateandGarden; 06-12-2005 at 09:33 PM..