User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
She is. But in a pretty way. It's strange to have that many features so prominent. Her eyes and her lips and her smile and her cheekbones are huge.
I think she was just incredibly lucky at that exact moment when all her hormones kicked in, cause she could have gone either way...an ugly weird martian looking woman or the crazy beautiful woman she is today...a fine line
Old 01-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Derailed (not even Clive Owen could detract from her awfulness), Leprechaun, Picture Perfect, Bruce Almighty, etc. The list is endless.
Don't forget The Object of My Affection !!!!!!!!!

I'm really embarrassed to say that I actually sat through that entire movie (at home of course, on cable- there's no ****ing way I would have paid any amount of money to see that one). That movie was so, so, sooooooooo awful. Yeah- Jennifer Aniston's movie track record is about as stellar as Madonna's.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I hate this "poor Jen" crap. If Brad is more happy with Angelina, then so be it. Why must he stay in a marriage for Jen? If it wasn't working, it wasn't working. Jen seems like a cold hearted bitch anyway.

Totally agree that Jen messed up because she wasn't ready for the kids and being a mom. Funny that these actresses who have great careers put having kids last on their list but somehow Angie got the man, kids and career Jen may find out that waiting wasn't the best thing for her. I guess she must have believed her press and thinking she was so fabulous that Brad would wait until Jen was ready to have kids. Guess he surprised her
Old 01-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower

I'm really embarrassed to say that I actually sat through that entire movie (at home of course, on cable- there's no ****ing way I would have paid any amount of money to see that one). That movie was so, so, sooooooooo awful. Yeah- Jennifer Aniston's movie track record is about as stellar as Madonna's.
Oh my, that one was a stinker. That ending.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

yeah.

It seems as if Jennifer plays the same part in every movie...it's always Jennifer with a little twist. She annoys. And that damn movie where she plays a clerk at a drugstore makeup counter and falls in love with a young boy who robs a bank or something...can't remember the name...YUCK.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
yeah.

It seems as if Jennifer plays the same part in every movie...it's always Jennifer with a little twist. She annoys. And that damn movie where she plays a clerk at a drugstore makeup counter and falls in love with a young boy who robs a bank or something...can't remember the name...YUCK.
Eek, I forgot about that one. "The Good Girl." However...I loved it. I thought it was a real hoot.

If you hate Aniston as much as I do, though, check out Derailed for some laughs. Why they didn't edit out her squealing in post is beyond me.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Eek, I forgot about that one. "The Good Girl." However...I loved it. I thought it was a real hoot.

If you hate Aniston as much as I do, though, check out Derailed for some laughs. Why they didn't edit out her squealing in post is beyond me.
it was f*cking depressing and went on forever. it would have been much better as a short film...then I would say I liked it, because it wasn't poorly written, but not full-length material, if you ask me

Derailed was hilarious. I thought it was tolerable, but she didn't fit the part, as usual.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:10 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:16 PM
trackaghost
Old 01-11-2006, 05:18 PM
trackaghost
Old 01-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
But I have to disagree with you about Angelina. She's been in some really bad movies but she's superb in Gia and Girl, Interrupted. I have to say that I actually think it's really nice she's adopting those children.
yeppers

Gia was amazing to me. I think it's awesome she's adopting the children as well. I go back and forth with feeling about people adopting from other countries, when there are children in America who need good homes, but any child saved and anyone willing and able to do that is awesome.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Brad IS totally boring. Jennifer Aniston's nose and chin are so square, she always looks odd to me too. But I have to disagree with you about Angelina. She's been in some really bad movies but she's superb in Gia and Girl, Interrupted. I have to say that I actually think it's really nice she's adopting those children.
Sorry to hear that. I can see through her like she's air. She gives good face, and she chews some scenery, but she's not a good actress. Also? Gia and Girl, Interrupted were practically the same person. Angelina Jolie.

Guess we disagree. Seriously, she's so very fake to me. I'm not just saying that, it really bugs me when I watch her.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeppers

Gia was amazing to me. I think it's awesome she's adopting the children as well. I go back and forth with feeling about people adopting from other countries, when there are children in America who need good homes, but any child saved and anyone willing and able to do that is awesome.
It's very difficult to adopt a baby in the U.S., unless of course the baby is special needs, addicted to crack, etc.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
It's very difficult to adopt a baby in the U.S., unless of course the baby is special needs, addicted to crack, etc.
really? I didn't know that. What is it that makes it so difficult? Legal issues...?

A co-worker of mine is attempting to adopt and she's been close to getting a child about twice in the past 6 months.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGypsy
Totally agree that Jen messed up because she wasn't ready for the kids and being a mom. Funny that these actresses who have great careers put having kids last on their list but somehow Angie got the man, kids and career Jen may find out that waiting wasn't the best thing for her. I guess she must have believed her press and thinking she was so fabulous that Brad would wait until Jen was ready to have kids. Guess he surprised her
Okay, this is one of the things that bugs me... the opinion that a woman is "selfish" if she wants to wait to have children, whatever the reason may be. There seems to be this belief that Brad wanted children right away, but Jennifer didn't, so she's selfish and got what she deserves. Whether or not children was the reason they broke up, if homegirl wasn't ready to have a child, then she was right to wait. Besides, if their marraige was so fragile that he couldn't wait a couple years to have children, or ran off with the first costar that turned his head then, IMHO, Jennifer is better off without him and it's a good thing they didn't procreate.

made by dissention
Old 01-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
really? I didn't know that. What is it that makes it so difficult? Legal issues...?

A co-worker of mine is attempting to adopt and she's been close to getting a child about twice in the past 6 months.
I live in the state of NC, so I can only speak for my experience here. A healthy infant will usually take years to adopt. My husband and I are not eligable to adopt in NC b/c HE has an eleven year old son. I have no fallopian tubes (sorry if that's TMI) so obviously I can't ever get preg. But in NC, that makes no difference. I was told that the birth mother puts together a "profile" of what she wants in a prospective family. Traditionally, most birth mothers want a couple who have NO children.

All that aside, international adoption agencies are a bit more lenient in terms of age, financial status, and even whether or not you're a single parent (some countries allow that). You don't necessarily have to own a home.

I don't care WHAT my baby looks like or where she comes from- I'm just ready to find her!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
I don't care WHAT my baby looks like or where she comes from- I'm just ready to find her!
Sweet. I hope you do find her soon.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I liked that film, not much for Aniston or Rudd but mostly for Nigel Hawthorne, his scene in the kitchen was worth the ticket price for me.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI