Old 12-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
See? Everyone wants Hold Me.
You can't always get what you want ...
Old 12-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac played The Toyota Center on December 15. They have just announced a scheduled return to that same venue/city on March 3. If I am going to plop down $400 for two more seats a mere 11 weeks later, I think some changes to the set list are in order. If it's the same show, I'm afraid I'll have to sit this one out for the first time in my nearly 40 years as a Fleetwood Mac fan.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Fleetwood Mac played The Toyota Center on December 15. They have just announced a scheduled return to that same venue/city on March 3. If I am going to plop down $400 for two more seats a mere 11 weeks later, I think some changes to the set list are in order. If it's the same show, I'm afraid I'll have to sit this one out for the first time in my nearly 40 years as a Fleetwood Mac fan.
I find it quite irritating when North American fans complain about a boring set list because they have seen the band half a dozen times over the past decade. Think of the Australians and the Kiwis/New Zealanders who missed out completely in 2013. For me and many others, that would have been the first time ever that we saw the band and they had even included two brand new songs and an old people comedy routine in the 2013 set list.

Unlikely now that I will ever hear Sad Angel or Without You performed live in front of my eyes!

I agree that the set list should be changed like it was for the second or third leg of Say You Will Tour in 2004 with additions like Red Rover, Don't Let me Down Again and the elusive Destiny Rules.

Great swaps or additions for 2015 would be Hold Me, Angel, Brown Eyes and Big Love performed as a group like the album version rather than the one man band version done in 1997, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2013 and 2014. If Christine's return really is so profound, the least Lindsey could do is sing Big Love with her and Stevie.

It seems highly unlikely, but two new songs as done in 2013 would also be welcome additions or swaps. The two titles that seem to get bandied about a lot for Christine in interviews are Too Far Gone and How I Feel, for Lindsey it is Red Sun and Carnival Begin. Stevie's only new song title I know of is My Mother's Rings but The Dealer or Lady would be a welcome addition to the 2015 set or could replace one of her more sedate and overused tunes.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I agree that the set list should be changed like it was for the second or third leg of Say You Will Tour in 2004 with additions like Red Rover, Don't Let me Down Again and the elusive Destiny Rules.
Don't forget they also dropped Gypsy for Sara, which hadn't been performed in a long long time. They're not too good with cycling through all their great songs, are they?
Old 12-28-2014, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Don't forget they also dropped Gypsy for Sara, which hadn't been performed in a long long time. They're not too good with cycling through all their great songs, are they?
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, because Fleetwood Mac's setlist for 1997, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2013 and 2014 has contained all the same hit staples, just that in 2003 and 2004 there were eight new songs played from the Say You Will record (including the elusive duo Running Through the Garden and Destiny Rules which did not get much airtime from Stevie) and in 2009 and 2013 due to Christine's absence there were more deep cuts from Tusk like I Know I'm Not Wrong, Storms, Sisters of the Moon, Not That Funny...

I will say if I allowed myself a pure fantasy just for me set list and I had a cajillion dollars to make it a private party reality it would go something like this, somewhere bit hits and Rumours ...but not as predictable as the current setlist.

My Dream Set for 2015 On with the Show Tour by Fleetwood Mac

1. Say You Love Me
2. The Chain
3. You Make Loving Fun
4. Second Hand News
5. Dreams
6. I Don't Want to Know
7. Tusk
8. Brown Eyes
9. I Know I'm Not Wrong
10. Angel
11. Tango in the Night
12. Gold Dust Woman
13. Oh Daddy
14. Smile at You
15. Steal Your Heart Away
16. Bleed to Love Her
17. Too Far Gone (New Christine song)
18. Carnival Begin (New Lindsey song)
19. Little Lies
20. My Mother's Rings (New Stevie song)
21. Seven Wonders
22. Don't Stop
23. Go Your Own Way
24. Silver Springs
25. Songbird
Old 12-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I feel the same way. Yet Fleetwood Mac always sticks to their set-in-stone set list. If I were in a band, and was coming back around to the same venue/city, I'd feel the need to refresh the show, and not duplicate the same show to essentially the same audience.

For any tour, I think they see their set list like a play or a movie. Changing a scene or order of events just isn't an easy option. To be fair, most bands have a fixed set list when they tour. The difference is that some artists have more freedom to chose from a wider depth of their catalog in their set lists on their tours.

Artists like Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, or U2 -- because they have one main singer/songwriter -- have much more wiggle room. They don't have a "must play" list. Their sets aren't glutted with the same songs for decades, with the compulsion to drive all of their hits and familiar songs into the ground, and in the same sequence. Aside from a few classic hits, they are free to perform, among a few staples of well-known songs, deep tracks, cover songs, obscure songs, as well as new songs. Their fans understand and appreciate, expect and accept it.

Fleetwood Mac is a different animal, and their fan base has a slightly different dynamic. They have three distinct singer/songwriters, each with signature songs. That dynamic immediately constricts what they will perform. They have always been very conservative in their choices, with a tendency to stay on familiar grounds, rather than taking chances by venturing too far outside their comfort zone. Now, as a vintage band, their appeal generally leans to a vintage demographic. So they are less interested in testing their audiences, and more focused on pleasing them.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-28-2014 at 09:38 AM..
Old 12-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I don't think you can compare U2, Bruce Springsteen or Tom Petty to Fleetwood Mac and especially this tour. The Mac has 3 front singers and one went away for 10 years and they had a reunion in 1997 The Dance. That tour played the hits and it was a huge success. Then the singer who had the most hits with the Mac left for 16 years. She is back and playing the songs we have not heard live since the 1990's. Those other bands only had one singer who never left

I saw them last year and seeing them again in 2015. If they play a few different songs, I would love that. But I am not expecting that. I am just so grateful to hear Chris's voice live again. She could talk for 90 minutes and I would still be happy. Is it my dream set list? No! But my dream set list would probably have people running for the aisles.
I feel like the band. It makes me so happy to see them so happy on stage. They sound amazing. The band has chemistry again with Chris singing and playing. We are the minority of the crazed fans. The vast majority of people buying tickets and going to the show are not Ledgies and they could not name one song prior to 1974 or any song off Tusk other than the hits. There is a demand for these songs and they are pleasing big time. I was just watching Youtube videos in Tampa. The entire arena was on its feet jumping up and down. It looked like a metal concert from the 1980's. As Lindsey said in the Red Beard interview.....the audience is on its feet the entire show "WE NEVER HAD THAT HAPPEN BEFORE.'
Old 12-28-2014, 11:25 AM
Junior Ledgie

Having attended a couple shows in the first leg of the tour and with two more in March, I would naturally prefer to see at least a small change in the setlist. I seem to recall that they rehearsed several other songs back in August/September preparing for this tour so maybe they could add from that group. At the same time I am quite content to see these five musicians do whatever they want to do. I marvel at what they do at their age and with their history. They blow me away each and every time I see them. I was at the Tampa show and the energy there was off the charts. Lindsey is always on his game but the appreciation the audience had for him and his guitar that night was truly amazing!
It's probably a bit late at this point but I think it would be interesting if the Mac changed their setlist from show to show as Paul McCartney does, or at least did on his most recent tour. Paul interchanges about four songs from show to show. For example at the show I attended the opening song was Magical Mystery Tour while at alternating shows he opened with Eight Days a Week. The bad thing about doing this is that, for example, my favorite Beatle/McCartney song, Get Back, was not played at the concert I attended but was played at the venues before and after. I got stuck with I Saw Her Standing There in it's place. Imagine the disgruntled Mac fan whose favorite song is being played only at every other show and the show you attend happens to be the one where it is NOT played.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
You can't always get what you want ...
You never know.We got Sisters of the Moon maybe from all the requests on the internet and the meet and greets couple years ago and the Mac added it to the setlist.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/even...ward-2015.html

From Star Wars VII and Adele to Game Of Thrones and Foo Fighters: What to look forward to in 2015

9 Fleetwood Mac on tour, May 27-July 1

Those classic songs can be strangely underwhelming in concert but this tour should have more of a sense of occasion given the return of Christine McVie after a 16-year breather. Her change of heart opens up all sorts of possibilities. Will Bill Wyman resume his place on the bass for the Stones? Will Paul McCartney be giving Pete Best a call?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/even...#ixzz3NswD0tFq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 01-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If they can get Everywhere and Little Lies to work, what is preventing them from doing Hold Me? It would just need a little intro from Lindsey or Christine. Something like "here's a song from the Mirage album we haven't played since 1982, it's one of Christine's, you guys will remember it pretty quickly after we begin to play" or something like that.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
... the Mac sure doesn't like to do medleys and have never even tried to make them work.
Oh...I don't know about that...the "Rattlesnake Shake > Fighting For Madge > Underway > Searching For Madge > Rattlesnake Shake" half-hour long medley was awesome in 1970. Oh, that's right...Lindsey Buckingham is no Peter Green.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love to hear an acoustic version of "Show Me A Smile." Just Lindsey on guitar and Christine on vocals.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-10-2015, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Oh...I don't know about that...the "Rattlesnake Shake > Fighting For Madge > Underway > Searching For Madge > Rattlesnake Shake" half-hour long medley was awesome in 1970. Oh, that's right...Lindsey Buckingham is no Peter Green.
Don't forget, Sentimental Lady -> Future Games or In The Back Of My Mind-> The Chain. Apparently, he's no Bob Welch or Rick Vito, either.

The only time Lindsey did that, to my knowledge, was that Rhiannon->GYOW->Don't Stop medley they did in 1998 at some award show.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-10-2015, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Oh...I don't know about that...the "Rattlesnake Shake > Fighting For Madge > Underway > Searching For Madge > Rattlesnake Shake" half-hour long medley was awesome in 1970. Oh, that's right...Lindsey Buckingham is no Peter Green .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Don't forget, Sentimental Lady -> Future Games or In The Back Of My Mind-> The Chain. Apparently, he's no Bob Welch or Rick Vito, either.

The only time Lindsey did that, to my knowledge, was that Rhiannon->GYOW->Don't Stop medley they did in 1998 at some award show.

Bob wasn't afraid to play the old Mac songs.

Rick played them as well. What's LB's problem?
It would be great if FM played some of the early years / old blues tunes. This is a part of FM's history that's sadly been forgotten or simply ignored

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 01-10-2015 at 12:43 AM..