User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiCA View Post
Besides, another photo was posted of him standing with a friend in the theatre and he didn't pose for that or give implicit or explicit permission to post it, nor did his parents.

Kiki
You make good points, given security concerns. If Will could have been recognized from my photo taken from behind, I might have thought twice about posting it. However, given the distance and the angle, he could not be recognized.

Actually though, he did give implicit and explicit permission for photos to be taken because it was in a public place. The signs around the theater actually said that we all gave permission for our likenesses to be shown, because the entire event was being filmed for broadcast and that filming included the audience, especially the row containing Lindsey's family, so that his kids and the kids with them would be shown along with his reference to them at the end of the concert.

However, even if the concert was not being taped, when you are in a public place like that there is no expectation of privacy. Every ticket stub will say that on the back, whether it's a concert, a sporting event or Disneyland. By simply being there, you give your consent to be pictured and taped. Plus, barring criminal use, unless that picture is being used for commercial purposes you don't need parental permission to take a kid's picture, not legally. Socially, of course, it is always polite to ask.

Anyway, even if it's not a ticketed event, minor and adult can be filmed and photographed in public without anyone's permission, which is why Google gets away with photographing and recording images for Google earth, even if they capture people coming out of places where they would rather not be seen. In America, that's Google's right. Other countries have restrictions.

Certainly celebrity kids require special protection, with kidnapping fears and whatnot. But I don't think there's anything wrong with posting or discussing that picture here. It seems like you joined for the sole purpose of dispensing a couple of lectures. Point taken, but I think we'll go back to business as usual.

Michele
Old 05-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Young Mr. Buckingham !!!

Thanks to The Angels of Music who share wonderful photos they find for us LB Fanatics!Will Buckingham is a "chip off
the old block"!
He is adorable and does look older than 12 and he does seem grown up!

Remember the photo of their kids in the music room with the kitty? Maybe he'll be an engineer!!! Thanks again...we all appreciated your sharing!!!! Handsome boy!!! Lindsey seems proud of his son!!!

Last edited by Cammie; 05-04-2011 at 11:45 PM..