Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
We're just discussing what the issues were. Maybe everyone doesn't know what the problem was.
I don't think they do. I didn't until somebody explained to me...
Old 03-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I've can read...and I know there was a dis towards the mods of this board creating shutdown or ban due to recent issues at this board. do people actually think a mod would do that as an act of retaliation...really?? f'in ridic. I would have reacted in the same way chris did in defending the board and explaining mods had nothing to do with it nor had info on what was happening. anyone who can read would know there wasn't a reference to ban it was a fincheckyourself in accusing ledge mods of slowing...ban...or close of this board for such idiotic reasoning as suggested.
Actually(I was gonna give you a link, but that's forbidden, right? It's on SW, under "links"), I said something about "someone" having carte blanche, and she said something to the effect of, "keep talking out of your ass, and you're liable to find yourself spending time on a board with 16yo's" (referring to SW, inferring that I'd be banned here[IMO]).
Very bad mod behavior, IMO.
And I HONESTLY have nothing personally against Chris.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckymcnix View Post
Hey Chris -
I think that this was a very nice gesture and a very heartfelt message.
A classy move.
I wish your thread had not degenerated into what it has though - a finger pointing fest.
I feel the same way... on both counts.

Regardless of what happened at Seven Wonders, Chris has apologized to one and all and has promised to take a more even-handed approach in her future dealings.

I think that's a VERY classy gesture on her part, and the mature thing on everyone else's part would be to accept her apology and move on, rather than dredging up the whos and whys.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Registered, No Membership

Quote:
We're just discussing what the issues were. Maybe everyone doesn't know what the problem was.
ok -
sorry - i do understand that now.
it just seems like it went from a very nice gesture thread into a everybody dug-in defending themselves again.

my bad

(carry on)
Old 03-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I HONESTLY have nothing personally against Chris.
Neither do I.

Our problem is not with her as a person. If she was just a regular Ledgie, I wouldn't be bothered by this behavior and certainly wouldn't have done anything about it, but she isn't a regular Ledgie. She's a moderator and should therefore be held to different standards than the rest of us.

And that being said, I'd like to send my love out to those mods who have done well to keep their cool and be diplomatic in resolving the problems that arise on these beloved forums.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not a long-time member, so i don't know. has this place ever been so divided?? seriously?? i've heard a lot of comments how people were pissed when that carne dude got banned. But still.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Chris has apologized
Quote:
accept her apology and move on
thankyou Brian.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
I'm not a long-time member, so i don't know. has this place ever been so divided?? seriously?? i've heard a lot of comments how people were pissed when that carne dude got banned. But still.
Eh, it happens every 2-3 years, over one thing or another.

Not to sound cynical, but I've seen it all happen so many times now... the only thing that really changes, is the people involved. And sometimes not even that.

At any rate, things will get back to "normal" again soon. I'd mention something about "cycles," but I think Lindsey owns a copyright on that speech.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink Aint it the truth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Eh, it happens every 2-3 years, over one thing or another.

Not to sound cynical, but I've seen it all happen so many times now... the only thing that really changes, is the people involved. And sometimes not even that.

At any rate, things will get back to "normal" again soon. I'd mention something about "cycles," but I think Lindsey owns a copyright on that speech.
and somehow I have stayed the hell out of that "cycle" (Hope Lindsey doesnt sue me for using his term ).
Old 03-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And I personally feel you should be receiving an apology for being written to in an unkind and disrespectful manner. The moderators of this board should be treated with respect. Not only do they volunteer their time, they also treat everyone as fairly as possible and do so respectfully and in confidence. Their work could not possibly be easy and, with that, they should be treated with the utmost respect. It is unfortunate that, as often is the case, if someone dislikes a decision made by a moderator their recourse is to make moutains out of molehills never letting go of the bone in their desire to 'geteven.' Moderators are as human as all of us...good and bad days...high and low emotions...and it is obvious they do the best that they can under often stressful situations. Chris, your note shows you as a kind individual who is open to critique as well that you are open to looking inside yourself and being the best person you can be. That rocks and only ups your cool score with me. A good look within is something everyone should do. What's that they say about stones and glasshouses?
All of my love Nikki. You have said more than I could ever say. xoxoxo
Old 03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIUD View Post
Yeah. I tried to think of female Chris' before I posted. But alas I jumped the gun.
I really can sing darling. You should hear my version of Over And Over.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
xoxoxo
hey, I've been known to write an apology letter post or two or four myself. such is life, love and growing. hang in there, babe. (((((chris)))))
Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post

I love you. But you already know that. Come stay at the Bellagio again sometime. You remind me of myself when I was your age.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 03-10-2007 at 11:47 AM..
Old 03-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And I personally feel you should be receiving an apology for being written to in an unkind and disrespectful manner. The moderators of this board should be treated with respect. Not only do they volunteer their time, they also treat everyone as fairly as possible and do so respectfully and in confidence. Their work could not possibly be easy and, with that, they should be treated with the utmost respect. It is unfortunate that, as often is the case, if someone dislikes a decision made by a moderator their recourse is to make moutains out of molehills never letting go of the bone in their desire to 'geteven.' Moderators are as human as all of us...good and bad days...high and low emotions...and it is obvious they do the best that they can under often stressful situations. Chris, your note shows you as a kind individual who is open to critique as well that you are open to looking inside yourself and being the best person you can be. That rocks and only ups your cool score with me. A good look within is something everyone should do. What's that they say about stones and glasshouses?
Thank you my darling. I'm 43 years old and not much I can't forgive. You are one of the most psychically, spriritually advanced people on this board

Last edited by gldstwmn; 03-10-2007 at 11:46 AM..
Old 03-10-2007, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I think people are way too sensitive, but such is life.

I also think Chris is fair and can be pithy at times, but it is likely meant in jest, to lighten the mood, etc.

Also, can you imagine moderating this gang I am not a moderator, but people have involved me in their BS via PM's and I was horrified by their pettiness.

So, there is that.
And I will always love you ooh oooh...
Closed Thread