Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking I prefer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Politics, politics, politics. . . .
music, music, music and/or sex, sex, sex over lame as dirt politics, politics, politics and those crooks, crooks, crooks who are involved with it, it, it

Brian, brian, brian "Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t" j. j. j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also it's important to add that affirmative action in recent history has moved away from using QUOTAS, which helps prevent hiring unqualified people.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Stevie had better watch herself with Bill "rock star" Clinton...

She looks great as usual. The pink tie...well I'm not going there.
Hey I wore a pink shirt today...whats wrong with pink? lol

Chris
Old 10-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation If I were to...

go to college for a 3rd time (Never say never) here in Oklahoma, I can check that I am "Native American" (Which I am, Since I am a member of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma rolls) and get an advantage over white/black/foreign/etc. students in the draw for acceptance.

Hell, if I wanted to, I could move to Fayetteville, Arkansas and attend UofA for next to nothing (I think it would only cost me about $4500 for 4 years) for being Cherokee.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-18-2005, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
go to college for a 3rd time (Never say never) here in Oklahoma, I can check that I am "Native American" (Which I am, Since I am a member of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma rolls) and get an advantage over white/black/foreign/etc. students in the draw for acceptance.

Hell, if I wanted to, I could move to Fayetteville, Arkansas and attend UofA for next to nothing (I think it would only cost me about $4500 for 4 years) for being Cherokee.

Makes me WONDER why dont I get special treatment and my college paid for, for going to college in Calif since caucasions are now the minority in Calif...??
Old 10-18-2005, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
Hey I wore a pink shirt today...whats wrong with pink? lol
Apparently, wearing pink makes a guy look... ... gay.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Well I think we all know Billy loves women right?

Chris
Old 10-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A couple of upper-class white guys fighting against Affirmative Action. Why am I not impressed (or surprised)?

I get a kick out of their belief that "Minorities can get into college without affirmative action by attending less competitive colleges."

Well, how generous of them! "Hey, you're poor and black -- what the hell do you need to go to a good college for? You should feel lucky to go to college at all!"

Instead of asking a couple of white boys what THEY think about Affirmative Action, maybe it's better to ask African Americans... and the NAACP certainly doesn't believe that Affirmative Action is racist.
And the NAACP speaks for all black people? Thank GOD ten percent of black voters actually GET IT!

Quote:
A life that God created, is a life that God created. Pure and simple.
Why is it that Republicans think we should get to pick and choose which lives we should save and which we should spare?
It shouldn't be one or the other -- it should pertain to ALL lives. If we're REALLY going to follow "God's Laws," then we should know that it's not OUR place to take ANY life.
Well firstly you should remember that not ALL Republicans are for capital punishment. But the fact that you still, in some way, believe that you can compare abortion to capital punishment is quite scary.

I have myself struggled with capital punishment, but after knowing all of the horrific crimes these people have committed, I just feel it is just punishment. And you and I both know that most of these convicted murderers will never be put to death anyway.

Quote:
Yeah, because they protect gays and give them legal recourse if someone decides to go "fag bashing." And we wouldn't want to help them out. No, what we need to do is to protect Bubba and Jim-Bob, so they can keep working on eradicating the gay scourge.
And if this is what you think of the republican party and the conservative movement then you are misguided.

It makes me sick whenever liberals actually blame the death of victims like Matthew Shepard, who was brutally killed by thugs, on conservative Republicans.

Quote:
"The Christian Right, per se, and some particular members on Capitol Hill, have helped inflame the air so that the air that these bad people breathed that night was filled, filled with the idea that somehow gays were different, and only are they different in that difference, they're bad and not only are they bad they are evil and therefore can be destroyed... I mentioned Trent Lott, Jesse Helms and Dick Armey particularly. The Christian Coalition, the Family Research Council and the Concerned Women for America...'' -- Deborah Mathis
As our dear Ann observes in her book, "Slander", about the above quote...

Quote:
"Mathis could remember the names of the destroyers with some precision, but the "three-step process" became rather vague between step one and step three. Without the second and third steps - the part where Republicans start hectoring the populace that gays "are evil and therefore can be destroyed" - the first "step" doesn't amount to much. Aren't gays "different"? Because if gays aren't different, then heterosexuals are different and Republicans have a lot more murders to answer for than Matthew Shepard's."
Quote:
The Democratic Party is FAR from perfect.
Boy you're telling me.

Quote:
They back down far too often because they're afraid of alienating fence-sitting voters... but at least they don't do that whole yellow-bellied, two-faced, "I have no problems with gay people, in fact some of my best friends are gay -- but I'm certainly not EVER going to do anything to protect their civil rights" Republican spiel.
You act as if gays have a seperate water fountain that they must drink out of!

Last edited by Brwn_eyes0511; 10-18-2005 at 12:47 AM..
Old 10-18-2005, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That was pretty low. I think denying gay people of their basic rights is comparable, don't you? Or do you think they don't deserve to marry who they love, or to be able to adopt kids because of their sexuality? Sure, they are treated so fairly, is that what you think?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now, did I say that?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have myself struggled with capital punishment, but after knowing all of the horrific crimes these people have committed, I just feel it is just punishment. And you and I both know that most of these convicted murderers will never be put to death anyway.

Well the bible actually says in one part that life begins when the child takes its' first breath in no uncertain words.

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.""

I think that says it. I for one although do believe that capital punishment is necessary in some very extreme instances, although not on a regular basis....
Old 10-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation yet another reason...

Quote:
Makes me WONDER why dont I get special treatment and my college paid for, for going to college in Calif since caucasions are now the minority in Calif...??
I will never leave Oklahoma for another state...The Cherokee Nation takes care of its own, No need to wait for the assclap US Government (Hey, I have 100% medical coverage through the Cherokee Nation...Something I'm sure in my lifetime the US government will never provide for its citizens.)

Btw, In Oklahoma the Native population is the Majority (I think I saw that stat at about 1.5 million of the 3.4 million here in the former end of the "Trail of Tears" known as the useless & barren "Indian Territory", UNTIL oil was discovered and yet again the so-called "US govt" decided to screw the native population. But ya know, what comes around goes around...Who has the $$$ in this state now? Sure aint other ethnic backgrounds except for the Native populations.)...Whites/Blacks/Everyone else are the minorities.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was pretty low. I think denying gay people of their basic rights is comparable, don't you? Or do you think they don't deserve to marry who they love, or to be able to adopt kids because of their sexuality? Sure, they are treated so fairly, is that what you think?
Look I have gay friends and I do not have ANYTHING AGAINST GAY PEOPLE! But I'm sorry to say that there is no "right to gay marriage" (because let's be honest...that is what you are all talking about when you say "equal rights"). If you can find it in the constitution then you should be looking for Osama, because you can find anything.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well the bible actually says in one part that life begins when the child takes its' first breath in no uncertain words.

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.""

I think that says it. I for one although do believe that capital punishment is necessary in some very extreme instances, although not on a regular basis....
The bible also says that God knew each of us when we were in our mother’s womb, and breathed a soul into each of us before we were born.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Look I have gay friends and I do not have ANYTHING AGAINST GAY PEOPLE! But I'm sorry to say that there is no "right to gay marriage" (because let's be honest...that is what you are all talking about when you say "equal rights"). If you can find it in the constitution then you should be looking for Osama, because you can find anything.

Well I for one do not think the Constitution is some ruling document about peoples' rights. People were alive before the Constitution was written, does that mean those people deserved nothing because IT'S NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION?!?!?

And I have gay friends also, and I think it's quite sick that they are not allowed to pursue a marriage with the person they are in love with. In fact correct me if I'm wrong, but does the constitution say that a MAN and WOMAN have the right to be married? I don't think so.